Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2010, 01:55   #1
SMK
BHPian

I bought a BEASTA on phone!

Hello all petrol/diesel heads!

It’s that time/phase of one's life where there is a decision to be made, the decision which is the 2nd most important decision of one's life (Actually speaking, it’s my 1st most important decision, but as a loyal husband I have to change this ), BUYING a CAR!

Reason for not thinking about a Car: I don’t need one?, Too many options to choose from, Too many confusions, Petrol or Diesel, Performance or Family oriented?, Sedan/hatch/SUV?, Will i be in Bangalore for long term?, New or Used?, Parking space issue etc, etc

Reason for thinking about a Car: Urge to drive than ride, Family of 3 with my kiddo turning 2, Convenience of going anywhere at any time, Proper public transport system unavailability, Weather and Pollution etc, etc

Decision Making Process:Toughest part of the job, since human mind is soo unpredictable and fickle (At least mine is!) I had literal battle between my head and my heart.
Head said, Diesel, Family car, Hatch, New.
Heart said, Petrol Sedan or a Diesel SUV, Performance oriented(which can make crazy sounds and beat all the cars on the road to the next signal)

Going with the Heart since, I am happy if my heart is happy!

Cars which were ruled out by Head and Heart: Any car from Maruti except the Swift(I hate to wait my turn of owning a car after booking it), No Tata since I already had a Indica Turbo DLG which served me well before I sold it off.

Being a teambhp fan, all my concerns and queries were being answered and in came the famous GTO thread of “Pre – Worshipped Civic” which just blew me away with so much information I could use in researching for a good deal. It was decided that I will go for a used car with ample of power and grunt.

I was continuously looking out for a powermill which would serve my purpose, had test driven a Black Hyundai Elantra maintained in mint condition and almost fell for it but the owner was expecting a huge price. Similarly test drove and liked a made up Lancer, a OHC VTEC, a Safari, a Verna and just to try, a Getz CRDI. Could not make up my mind on any of those due to one or the other reason.

I almost gave up due to the frustration and my office work, then came a call from my friend who had a friend with a Ford Fiesta 1.6SXI, run about 40k, Black which was on sale. Problem was the car was in Pune but i was in Bangy. My friend was total GaGaabout the cartelling me to just close the deal since he had seen&driven the car. I took the risk since i trust my friend on matters like these. Spoke to the owner for 15mins, sent the booking amount after looking at the pics. Yes, a bit idiotic and completely against the advice of team-bhp rules of 'How to buy a Used car'. The 100BHP power had already taken control over my mind!

So, here i am folks, writing this at 2am and still thinking i have missed to write soo many other things!! Would like to see what you guys think about.

Finally, let the pics do the talking
Attached Thumbnails
I bought a BEASTA on phone!-img00034201008100924.jpg  

I bought a BEASTA on phone!-dsc04617.jpg  

I bought a BEASTA on phone!-dsc04618.jpg  

I bought a BEASTA on phone!-dsc04619.jpg  

I bought a BEASTA on phone!-dsc04622.jpg  

I bought a BEASTA on phone!-dsc04624.jpg  

I bought a BEASTA on phone!-dsc04625.jpg  

Last edited by SMK : 3rd September 2010 at 02:05. Reason: Format
Old 3rd September 2010, 02:20   #2
BHPian

Let me be the first one to Congratulate you . Have fun with the beauty or should I call it beast? It's raining Fiestas on Team Bhp these days .
I love any car in black colour, though its really hard to maintain specially in cities like Bangy and Delhi.
Do you mind sharing the price you paid for it to bring her home?

Congrats once again , Take care of her
Old 3rd September 2010, 03:29   #3
BHPian

Congrats SMK for being a proud owner of a Fiesta ! your new found joy seems to be amazingly taken care of as the car looks really pristine. Welcome to the proud Fiesta Club !!
Old 3rd September 2010, 06:30   #4
SMK
BHPian

Thanks Prashant, I have got this beauty for a very attractive price and would not like to make it public as of now. Will share this info after my initial report of ownership.One more reason being, i want to first make sure what i paid is all that i needed to pay and hopefully there are no surprises in store for me regarding the car. I bought this car on the phone remember? I had not seen the car at all.
Old 3rd September 2010, 09:00   #5
SMK
BHPian

Thanks Silverblaze, as GTO put it, it is a "Pre - Worshipped" Fiesta
Old 3rd September 2010, 09:02   #6
BHPian

Congrats SMK and welcome to the Fiesta community ! Fiestas in black look really good but needs a little more care. She does look well maintained and 40K sounds about right for her age. Happy riding !!
Old 3rd September 2010, 09:29   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car. From now on, you go Fida every time someone 'drive' .

How much from KA number?
Old 3rd September 2010, 09:43   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations SMK; this reminds me like buying a provision through telephone. Really one of a kind. I hope the car satisfies both your heart & brain.

Do not get offended, if you don't mind, pls remove the Team-BHP sticker from the number plate & stick it else where on the body of the car.
Old 3rd September 2010, 09:47   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! The 1.6 badging on the boot is missing. You sure this is not a 1.4? 1.4 does not come with any badging. Just kidding. Is there no ABS in this model because even that badge is missing. Does it have airbags? Have fun. You'll have a tough time keeping the horses leashed.

Last edited by Gilead : 3rd September 2010 at 09:50.
Old 3rd September 2010, 09:48   #10
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations!
Its a nice car and everyone call it as Driver's Car. GO Fida.
Enjoy and safe drive.!
Old 3rd September 2010, 09:54   #11
BHPian

SMK , Congrats on the Ride , Was it a KA or MH when you bought it ? u seem to have got a KA fancy number worth 10K or more , was the previous owner also a Team BHPian .
Old 3rd September 2010, 09:55   #12
BHPian

Car purchase over phone.. Wow. Boy, you really trust your friend. But in matter of machines, its always advisable to check personally as well.

Your purchase reminds me of my dad's purchase of a second-hand amby. He went to buy mangoes and came back with a car as well.
Old 3rd September 2010, 10:27   #13
SMK
BHPian

Thanks All for the lovely comments!

Yes, its a 1.6SXI and it came to me as you see it. I am not sure if there was supposed to be a badge at the back though. It has a couple of them on the sides.
No ABS since it was pre ABS car, 2007 Dec Model. Again call me ignorant, have not checked the Air Bags on it.

@Rovergen and @Sachinj12, THe car was from bangalore, the owner shifted to Pune with the car, so the KA number was what it came with.

@argee, Sure mate, senior-bhpian's words noted.

Quite satisfied with what i have got as of now. Thanks everyone.

I have a question, the car came with a 6 CD changer but it is asking for a security code, Could you guys be able to help me out?
Old 3rd September 2010, 10:36   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK View Post
Yes, its a 1.6SXI and it came to me as you see it. I am not sure if there was supposed to be a badge at the back though. It has a couple of them on the sides.
No ABS since it was pre ABS car, 2007 Dec Model. Again call me ignorant, have not checked the Air Bags on it.
If you see airbag written on the steering wheel, then you have airbags. The 1.6 badge is definitely missing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK View Post
I have a question, the car came with a 6 CD changer but it is asking for a security code, Could you guys be able to help me out?
The security code is available on the sticker that's inside the glove compartment. Or it should be there in the manual as well. Or take it to Ford and they can give you the security code from their systems.
Old 3rd September 2010, 11:29   #15
SMK
BHPian

Thanks Gilead, Airbags absent, 1.6 SXI badge missing, ABS missing. Hmm.. hopefully it has a engine

Got the security code from inside the glove compartment. Got the player working, but the CDs are not getting ejected. Gives a 'CD Error' when tried to do so. I guess i need to take it to the Ford Service Center.

Also, this car came with a factory fitted central locking. It does not seem to have an alaram system. Do i have a switch somewhere for it? or Do i have to get it installed?

Most Viewed