Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2010, 23:57   #46
evo
BHPian

Crossed 400 KM today. Also took it out on Rajarhat which was nice, open and wet. Keeping to the 2500 RPM limit seemed a little tedious there. But 2100 KM to go till it can be driven hard (which I assume is not very hard).

Stability at 80 KMPH is 3 times better than the NHC. So quick airport dashes when I wake up late can be more easily performed by the driver!
Old 16th September 2010, 07:49   #47
evo
BHPian

Second tank up yesterday. The fuel gauge didnt move up after the car was started. Once ignition was switched off and then on again, only then did it start moving up. Strange.
Old 16th September 2010, 10:56   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
Second tank up yesterday. The fuel gauge didnt move up after the car was started. Once ignition was switched off and then on again, only then did it start moving up. Strange.
If the ignition is on while you are filling then the gauge moves up very slowly. But if its off and then started it moves up quickly.
Old 16th September 2010, 13:03   #49
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
If the ignition is on while you are filling then the gauge moves up very slowly. But if its off and then started it moves up quickly.
Thats correct, thats why, after switching off, it worked.However, I still dont see why !

Last edited by evo : 16th September 2010 at 13:05.
Old 16th September 2010, 13:33   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
It seems to me that a plastic lid/cover near the seatbelt is missing in your car.So, here is the picture of the seatbelt of my car (Fiat Punto).

Attachment 422598

And you need to set the date on the camera, I guess. This picture was taken in the year of 2007 as per the date imprint

Waiting for more pictures brother.

Amith
Nope.
New models come with this small cover covering only the nut there.
I already checked in the new lot of cars manufactured after July2010.
Old 16th September 2010, 16:48   #51
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Nope.
So that settles it then. I did`nt see this on another new Linea that I recently saw either.
Old 16th September 2010, 18:19   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I feel that it's nothing much to worry about. We've noticed the same in our Fiat Uno, Fiat Palio and the Fiat Punto too.

So, I guess almost all the Fiat cars in India behaves like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Nope.u
Thanks for the clarification Karthik.

I wonder why Fiat stopped giving that cover in the new cars. Part of cost cutting?
Old 16th September 2010, 18:52   #53
BHPian

Evo , just wait for that 2000Km mark. You will notice remarkable diffrence in the car. It goes to whole new level in terms of drive.
Old 16th September 2010, 23:24   #54
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
I feel that it's nothing much to worry about. We've noticed the same in our Fiat Uno, Fiat Palio and the Fiat Punto too.

So, I guess almost all the Fiat cars in India behaves like this.

Thanks for the clarification Karthik.

I wonder why Fiat stopped giving that cover in the new cars. Part of cost cutting?
Hmm. OK. So a Fiat quirk it is, then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
Evo , just wait for that 2000Km mark. You will notice remarkable difference in the car. It goes to whole new level in terms of drive.
Hmm. So about 1400 KM to go for that.

Another question, did you guys change the engine oil at 1000KM as suggested elsewhere on the forum?
Old 16th September 2010, 23:27   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Another question, did you guys change the engine oil at 1000KM as suggested elsewhere on the forum?
I dont recall anyone doing that with their Fiat. They come synthetic filled from the factory, but still it might make sense to change at 1000km. Im still letting sticking to Fiats recommendation and changing it straight at 15000km.

Believe me you will start seeing a difference every 2nd or 3rd time you drive the car as you cross 1000km. The engine just opens up so well.
Old 16th September 2010, 23:32   #56
BANNED

Quote:
Yes. This is suggested by many Punto and Linea owners in the Forum. I feel its worth it changing the oil at 1k kms.
Old 16th September 2010, 23:39   #57
evo
BHPian

Quote:
I dont recall anyone doing that with their Fiat. They come synthetic filled from the factory, but still it might make sense to change at 1000km. Im still letting sticking to Fiats recommendation and changing it straight at 15000km.

Believe me you will start seeing a difference every 2nd or 3rd time you drive the car as you cross 1000km. The engine just opens up so well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHed View Post
Yes. This is suggested by many Punto and Linea owners in the Forum. I feel its worth it changing the oil at 1k kms.
So how does this work? I get the filter and the oil changed at 1000 KMs ?

Also, is the Linea filled with synthetic? I have my doubts as their service costs are quite low, and refilling synthetic itself would cost more than the entire service!
Old 16th September 2010, 23:44   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Also, is the Linea filled with synthetic? I have my doubts as their service costs are quite low, and refilling synthetic itself would cost more than the entire service!
I think I read some owners reporting that it is synthetic. I mean if it was mineral the service intervals definitely would not be 15000kms.
Old 17th September 2010, 00:06   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I think I read some owners reporting that it is synthetic. I mean if it was mineral the service intervals definitely would not be 15000kms.
Yes, Synthetic oil is used for Linea. Evo just as you said the cost of oil is more than rest of the charges. The Selenia oil recommended and available at Fiat Service stations is cheaper than Synthetic oils from Mobil and Shell.

For other details please refer Linea and Punto ownership threads.
Old 17th September 2010, 00:21   #60
BHPian

Quote:

Fiat service cost low?

Well I just got the second service done for a shade less than 6 grand.
Included the selenia synthetic oil(was charged for 4lts,used about 3.6 lt ), oil filter, air filter, fuel filter, pollen(AC) filter, labour free.

Though I did not get the oil changed at 1K km. But after the oil change the drive is much much smoother, maybe just because its been serviced,or maybe its the Oil IDK.

Most Viewed