Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2010, 06:54   #61
BHPian

Hi Evo, this issue has been discussed on many ownership threads. None of the owners discussed 1K mark though. Some got it changed it during first service at 3K. They never reported any major differences. I would recommend sticking with manufacturer promulgated schedule. 1K is too early IMHO.
Old 17th September 2010, 10:03   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
Hmm. OK. So a Fiat quirk it is, then.

Hmm. So about 1400 KM to go for that.

Another question, did you guys change the engine oil at 1000KM as suggested elsewhere on the forum?
No oil changes for me till date. I recommend to stick to manufacturer defined oil change intervals i.e 15K kms.
Old 17th September 2010, 10:30   #63
UKR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt500 View Post
Fiat service cost low?

Well I just got the second service done for a shade less than 6 grand.
Included the selenia synthetic oil(was charged for 4lts,used about 3.6 lt ), oil filter, air filter, fuel filter, pollen(AC) filter, labour free.
@Gt500: I think you got over charged. I also got the second service done for my linea mjd E+. Following are the cost split up. The figures except for the total cost is approximate as I am not having the bill with me at the moment.

Total cost = 4889
3.2 Ltr synthetic engine oil ~ 2500
Fuel filter ~ 1750
Other filters ~ 640
Front left window winder replaced - free of cost

Quote:
So how does this work? I get the filter and the oil changed at 1000 KMs ?

Also, is the Linea filled with synthetic? I have my doubts as their service costs are quite low, and refilling synthetic itself would cost more than the entire service!
I would also advice sticking to Fiat recommended schedules.

I think Selenia oil used by Fiat is semi synthetic because in their website it is mentioned that Selenia is synthetic 'based'. And yes the cost for oil replacement comes to more than 50% of the total cost for servicing.
Old 17th September 2010, 10:56   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKR View Post
@Gt500: I think you got over charged. I also got the second service done for my linea mjd E+. Following are the cost split up. The figures except for the total cost is approximate as I am not having the bill with me at the moment.

Total cost = 4889
3.2 Ltr synthetic engine oil ~ 2500
Fuel filter ~ 1750
Other filters ~ 640
Front left window winder replaced - free of cost

I would also advice sticking to Fiat recommended schedules.

I think Selenia oil used by Fiat is semi synthetic because in their website it is mentioned that Selenia is synthetic 'based'. And yes the cost for oil replacement comes to more than 50% of the total cost for servicing.
Actually UKR I forgot to mention that the coolant was also changed, maybe thats why the difference was there.

My bill indicates the following :-
Oil filter 329
Air filter 293
Synthetic Oil-2064 ( Charged for 4 lt. can, unused portion returned)
Fuel filter 1768
Coolant (synthetic) 488
and AC pollen filter 225

Total 5816

It seems that you have been overcharged in the Oil price and I have been overcharged in the oil filter,air and Pollen filter.

I was told that the Parts costs cannot be dealer defined and are picked up from the FIAT centralised system, I dont know why the difference is there,though.
Old 17th September 2010, 11:32   #65
evo
BHPian

Ok. That`s interesting. Yeah. The bit about "15K interval can only be due to the synthetic oil" makes sense.

However,at the time of the purchase decision, the TATA - FIAT guy said that it was Rs.2500 for a service. Today, on the phone, he said that it was Rs.4000.

However, it`s good that its synthetic since the merits of synthetic have been discussed extensively on TBHP.
Old 17th September 2010, 12:14   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
are u sure is it full synthetic oil.
It's no way,they sold it to you for this low cost.

Almost Rs.1000 for a litre of Synthetic oil.

for this cost, Definitly it is a Semi Synthetic Oil.
Please check and confirm.
Old 17th September 2010, 15:35   #67
BHPian

Can we use Shell Helix instead of Selenia or Mobil? Will that be a better option?
Old 17th September 2010, 15:51   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
Can we use Shell Helix instead of Selenia or Mobil? Will that be a better option?
Yes definitely Shell Helix or Mobil 1 is much better than Selenia. But Selenia is a not a bad oil ( it is recommended in Alfa Romeo too).

But just consider two things, one use the right engine oil (specs etc diesel/petrol) and secondly do not change with any recommended type/manufacturer oils etc till the car is in warranty period (for obvious reasons).
Old 17th September 2010, 16:00   #69
UKR
BHPian

Quote:
Actually UKR I forgot to mention that the coolant was also changed, maybe thats why the difference was there.

My bill indicates the following :-
Oil filter 329
Air filter 293
Fuel filter 1768
Coolant (synthetic) 488
and AC pollen filter 225

Total 5816

It seems that you have been overcharged in the Oil price and I have been overcharged in the oil filter,air and Pollen filter.

I was told that the Parts costs cannot be dealer defined and are picked up from the FIAT centralised system, I dont know why the difference is there,though.
@Gt500: Actually rate I had paid for engine oil is reasonable as they had put fully synthetic oil instead of the semi synthetic one(Selenia).

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post

I had read somewhere in the forum that Selenia is a semi synthetic oil. The info in Selenia's website also seem to indicate so.
Old 17th September 2010, 16:46   #70
evo
BHPian

Its not bad if they can actually have a 15000 KM service interval with semi synthetic. The Skoda guys recommended 10000 KM with fully synthetic Shell Helix.
Old 17th September 2010, 18:34   #71
BHPian

Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post

@karthik

I do have the 1 lt. pack with me of selinia which was used in the first service top up of the oil, It does not mention the semi synthetic nature though further digging up in the user manual of the car mentions the oil used as SELINIA WR ( MRP.650/litre for a 1 litre can)and defines it as a synthetic base oil, and no where mentions that it is fully synthetic.

I also think it is semi synthetic ,as SELINIA has a product list attached in the manual and only defines a certain SELINIA DIGITECH as fully synthetic and does not mention this in the SELINIA WR description.

@ UKR Looks like I should have gone for the fully synthetic as the price difference wasn't that much, maybe next time.

Cheers

GT
Old 19th September 2010, 02:29   #72
evo
BHPian

I asked the Tata (sales) guy whether its synthetic or mineral, the guys reply was that its "engine oil". (!)
Old 19th September 2010, 10:25   #73
BHPian

how is your car running, is TATA Fiat A.S.S really able to take care of the car or are you just living with it?
Old 20th September 2010, 08:55   #74
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKR View Post
I had read somewhere in the forum that Selenia is a semi synthetic oil. The info in Selenia's website also seem to indicate so.
Quote:
I asked the Tata (sales) guy whether its synthetic or mineral, the guys reply was that its "engine oil". (!)
The Fiat Linea Owner Handbook describes Selenia K/WR as synthetic base lubricants.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea Diesel 2010. Ownership Report.-selenia.png  

Old 27th September 2010, 10:37   #75
evo
BHPian

1000 Km

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindgrinder View Post
how is your car running, is TATA Fiat A.S.S really able to take care of the car or are you just living with it?
Havent visited the SS as yet, so no idea. I`m more than living with it, its 1040 KM as of now, and its running fine, drinking sensibly and all that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks