Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2012, 01:00   #181
BHPian

Re: "German Tadka"- VW Polo 1.2 Highline

Hey, your Polo looks great in RE50. I too was thinking of getting 3M sunfilms for my silver Polo. However confused between CS/RE 35/50. Is V-Kool worth the premium?

Looking at your 50VLT, they are darker than I imagined so should be sufficient for me.

Where did you get them installed and how much were you charged? I dont want to spend more than 3-4k.

Also, are there any finishes available like greenish, silver, charcoal etc? I am not a fan of those greenish tints.

Thanks!
Old 23rd February 2012, 14:46   #182
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post

Also, are there any finishes available like greenish, silver, charcoal etc? I am not a fan of those greenish tints.

Thanks!
RE50 looks darker in that pic than it actually is. Go for RE35 if anything, otherwise you can get Vkool for about 500-1k more than 3M. Get K37 which is a black film or T35 which is reflective silverish. RE 35 is greenish.

On your silver Polo Vkool K37 will look good.
Old 23rd February 2012, 16:38   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
RE50 looks darker in that pic than it actually is. Go for RE35 if anything, otherwise you can get Vkool for about 500-1k more than 3M. Get K37 which is a black film or T35 which is reflective silverish. RE 35 is greenish.

On your silver Polo Vkool K37 will look good.
Thank you so much. So I wasn't wrong when those RE50 seemed dark.
The K37 would be 35% or 50%VLT?
I am new to Mumbai so which showroom would you prefer for installation? Santa cruz or Prabhadevi? I stay in Navi Mumbai and almost everyone seems to get it done from Prabhadevi.

And Akshay, I love the color of your 320D its the color I always admired on the 3 but very rare. Let's not even go to your latest acquisition, the Laura vRS! I so badly want one in blue!
himanshu_j is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 17:08   #184
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
Thank you so much. So I wasn't wrong when those RE50 seemed dark.
The K37 would be 35% or 50%VLT?
I am new to Mumbai so which showroom would you prefer for installation? Santa cruz or Prabhadevi? I stay in Navi Mumbai and almost everyone seems to get it done from Prabhadevi.

And Akshay, I love the color of your 320D its the color I always admired on the 3 but very rare. Let's not even go to your latest acquisition, the Laura vRS! I so badly want one in blue!
RE50 is not dark, so actually you were a bit wrong. That picture makes it look darker because its reflecting. Either of the showrooms are fine, Prabhadevi would be much further for you though.

K37 is 37% vlt which IMO is a must in Mumbai. There is a big difference between 50% and 35% vlt films when it comes to the heat rejection and overall feeling of coolness I feel.

Thanks for the compliments buddy, infact I have K37 on the Bimmer and the vRS with VK70 front windscreen on the Laura and installing it soon on the 3.
Old 23rd February 2012, 17:19   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
RE50 is not dark, so actually you were a bit wrong. That picture makes it look darker because its reflecting. Either of the showrooms are fine, Prabhadevi would be much further for you though.

K37 is 37% vlt which IMO is a must in Mumbai. There is a big difference between 50% and 35% vlt films when it comes to the heat rejection and overall feeling of coolness I feel.

Thanks for the compliments buddy, infact I have K37 on the Bimmer and the vRS with VK70 front windscreen on the Laura and installing it soon on the 3.
I meant that the RE50 looked darker than they ought to

Any contact at the Santa Cruz showroom? References?
How much should the K37 for sides and rear be approx? I remember a fellow member paying 4800/- for his Punto.
Old 24th April 2012, 18:29   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
1.2 Petrol get Castrol Magnetic 5W 40. MRP is 970/- litre. 1.6 petrol should have same.
The oil you are referring to you should be Castrol Edge and it is 5W 30. Castrol Magnatec is Semi-Senthetic and rated 5W 30 too.
I think it should be Castrol Edge if we see the price per liter you have quoted.
Old 25th April 2012, 07:36   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya View Post
The oil you are referring to you should be Castrol Edge and it is 5W 30.
Castrol edge is fully synthetic and is available in 5W 40 and I believe two new grades are being offered recently in recently 0W40 and 10W 60 in Indian Market (saw an advert in an auto magazine).

Quote:
Castrol Magnatec is Semi-Senthetic and rated 5W 30 too.
No, I too had this confusion earlier but the castrol magnetic 5W 40 grade used by VW is fully synthetic. So, some magnetics are fully synthetic and some are semi synthetic, depends on the grade. Please refer to this thread for more details.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-not-edge.html

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 25th April 2012 at 07:42.
Old 27th September 2013, 16:46   #188
BHPian

Hey, The Tyre pressure Label on Polo diesel is pretty confusing. Does this mean that for both R14 and R15 tyres, For Half Load, front 29 psi and rear 29 psi. For Full Load, Front 32 psi and rear 35 psi. Ismy assumption correct. I believe they should have made it much clear mentioning front and rear
Attached Thumbnails
"German Tadka"- VW Polo 1.2 Highline-photo.jpg  

Old 27th September 2013, 18:10   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyb4u View Post
Hey, The Tyre pressure Label on Polo diesel is pretty confusing. Does this mean that for both R14 and R15 tyres, For Half Load, front 29 psi and rear 29 psi. For Full Load, Front 32 psi and rear 35 psi. Ismy assumption correct. I believe they should have made it much clear mentioning front and rear
Yes. You assumption is perfectly correct. You can go ahead.
But make sure you check them when cold. Going to a pump will warm-up the tires & finally you will be measuring a wrong pressure.

Last edited by KkVaidya : 27th September 2013 at 18:11.
KkVaidya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2014, 13:16   #190
BHPian

Does any Polo Diesel Users have Steering noise trouble? From last couple of days whenever I turn the steering, I get some cranking noise especially at lower speed. I took it to service and they mentioned it quite common and they will need to clean and grease which doesn't cost any money. Later, mentioned that steering stud cap needs to be replaced for 1400 and to be greased for 800. Unfortunately it doesn't cover and warranty and just a wear and tear. Am just surprised that why they will not check these during service as it just got serviced and is some 20 k done now.

Most Viewed