Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2010, 11:12   #31
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Theraging Bull!

At last, polo with a new color on TEAM-Bhp! Car looks very nice. Enjoy your ride!
Old 10th September 2010, 11:25   #32
BHPian

First of all, many many congratulations for the Car. The color certainly looks plush. This would be first pepper grey POLO on team Bhp. Mine too is new Polo with Volkswagen engraved at the back. But it comes with Apollo Acceleres. May be Apollos wouldn't have match up their demand so they have gone for JK tyres.

There are no seat belt warning system. However there may be speed warning system in Highline, I have comfortline so don't know about it. Highline owners would tell you about it.

For tyre pressure I have maintained 30 Psi. Don't know about recommended pressures would be looking forward for others reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
One question to Polo owners: My car came with JK Vectra tyres. But from what I have seen is the stock tyres were Apollo Acceleres before.
Is this with all new Polos?

Thanks! Will post more pics including that of interiors tomorrow.
Quote:
Thanks @blackasta, @cLj, @avishar , @nandans and @AvonA7

Couple of questions for Polo owners:
1. What's the recommended front/rear tyre pressure?
2. Is there any seat belt warning or speed warning system?
Old 10th September 2010, 11:36   #33
Senior - BHPian

Thanks @subaru123, chetan, carfanatic, shadownfax and sidindica!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfanatic007 View Post
You said the car feels bit underpowered on highways while I guess few others didn't find it lacking that much so can you elaborate on that?
Well I still haven't tried many highway runs but I feel it's a better city car than a highway one since the motor responds quickly to accelerator inputs in city runs. Not that it runs out of breath on highways, the motor feels fairly peppy up until a 100 kph. Though I still haven't gone above 100kph, I've heard it's a slow climb after that. High speed stability is quite good.
Will surely update on the drive. Only after I go on a long drive this weekend, will I come to know more about it
Old 10th September 2010, 11:41   #34
Senior - BHPian

I keep 32 Psi for both front/rear tyres. This I felt is better than keeping 30 Psi. I get the air checked once in 15 days. It has never dripped below 28 Psi until now. However, recommended tyre pressure is 30 Psi. It is written inside the Fuel lid. By keeping the pressure at 32 Psi, we can always ensure that we are within the tolerance of +/- 10%

Seat belt warning is not available on Polo. Speed warning system is available on Highline.

Happy Motoring!!

Last edited by Chethan B G : 10th September 2010 at 11:44.
Old 10th September 2010, 12:16   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Seat belt warning is not available on Polo. Speed warning system is available on Highline.
Happy Motoring!!
Chetan, how do you activate speed warning?
Old 10th September 2010, 15:53   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well I still haven't tried many highway runs but I feel it's a better city car than a highway one since the motor responds quickly to accelerator inputs in city runs. Not that it runs out of breath on highways, the motor feels fairly peppy up until a 100 kph. Though I still haven't gone above 100kph, I've heard it's a slow climb after that. High speed stability is quite good.
Please do not go by hear say!! You have the Car with you - Right?

100 Kmph is very low for any car today. In Polo 1.2 petrol, throttle response will not decrease until you cross 130 Kmph. Enjoy! And give us your feedback!!

Quote:
Chetan, how do you activate speed warning?
This is explained clearly in the user manual. Very simple to set it.

I have set it at 140 Kmph!! And I hear the buzzer every now and then on high ways!!
Old 10th September 2010, 18:18   #37
Senior - BHPian

Zohaib buddy I am telling you dont make me fall in love with this beauty(with these pics). I have my eyes set on the i20 but my mind is deviating. HELP ME!!!.

AMAZING CAR!!!
Old 10th September 2010, 19:55   #38
Senior - BHPian

Thank you for those wonderful close up pics.Build quality is remarkable,and i like the upholstery design too.I wish VW had given us the chrome insert on the steering wheel.

How is the feedback from the steering?Good or vague?
And what is that small steering wheel warning light in the tacho dial for?
Old 10th September 2010, 20:02   #39
BHPian

@ theragingbull
The car looks a killer in Grey congrats.
you got the VW key-chain from the dealership or you had bought it ? it looks cool.
Old 10th September 2010, 20:03   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Zohaib buddy I am telling you dont make me fall in love with this beauty(with these pics). I have my eyes set on the i20 but my mind is deviating. HELP ME!!!.

AMAZING CAR!!!

Pancham,if you have your eyes set on i20 CRDi then go for it with your eyes closed.You wont repent about it.But if its petrol then its Polo all the way!
Old 10th September 2010, 20:06   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

AMAZING CAR!!!
Go for the POLO if you want something totally hatke. The i20 is too common on roads now Go through my first post to know why I didn't go for the i20.
But if it is diesel, I'd say i20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Thank you for those wonderful close up pics.Build quality is remarkable,and i like the upholstery design too.I wish VW had given us the chrome insert on the steering wheel.

How is the feedback from the steering?Good or vague?
Yeah the chrome insert should have been there in the steering wheel. It looks very good. But cost-cutting

The feedback from the steering is just ok. Basically since it's an EPS unit. But I can surely say it's anyday better than the i20!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
@ theragingbull
The car looks a killer in Grey congrats.
you got the VW key-chain from the dealership or you had bought it ? it looks cool.
Thanks! Yeah I got that key chain free from VW

Last edited by theragingbull : 10th September 2010 at 20:09.
Old 10th September 2010, 21:02   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

AMAZING CAR!!!
Quote:
Firstly the i20. This car is loaded with features and has a good amount of space inside. The i20 would suit all our needs perfectly. But we detered from buying this car because of the prevalent problems that I've seen a number of owners complaining about. Inefficient AC, rattles, uncommunicative steering and poor suspension. The 1.2 engine was quite udnerpowered.
Quote:
Go for the POLO if you want something totally hatke. The i20 is too common on roads now. Go through my first post to know why I didn't go for the i20. But if it is diesel, I'd say i20.
i20 has a better engine. But Polo is a much better handler. Power without stability is useless.

But have on doubt, Diesel engine in Polo will not leave you wanting at any stage. Only set back is the slightly higher TurboLag. As a complete car, excluding extra features, I would vote for Diesel-Polo any day.

Choice is yours!!
Old 10th September 2010, 22:17   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Pancham,if you have your eyes set on i20 CRDi then go for it with your eyes closed.You wont repent about it.But if its petrol then its Polo all the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
i20 has a better engine. But Polo is a much better handler. Power without stability is useless.

But have on doubt, Diesel engine in Polo will not leave you wanting at any stage. Only set back is the slightly higher TurboLag. As a complete car, excluding extra features, I would vote for Diesel-Polo any day.

Choice is yours!!
Unfortunately its the Petrol. Dont need the Diesel actually(running is low).

Quote:
Go for the POLO if you want something totally hatke. The i20 is too common on roads now Go through my first post to know why I didn't go for the i20.
But if it is diesel, I'd say i20.

The feedback from the steering is just ok. Basically since it's an EPS unit. But I can surely say it's anyday better than the i20!

Thanks! Yeah I got that key chain free from VW
Well who doesnt want something hatke. I will start a thread in the "Which Car" section. Hope you guys will participate after reading my priorities.
Old 11th September 2010, 00:28   #44
Senior - BHPian

Some pics at night
Attached Thumbnails
"German Tadka"- VW Polo 1.2 Highline-dsc05645.jpg  

"German Tadka"- VW Polo 1.2 Highline-dsc05643.jpg  

"German Tadka"- VW Polo 1.2 Highline-dsc05639.jpg  

"German Tadka"- VW Polo 1.2 Highline-dsc05648.jpg  

"German Tadka"- VW Polo 1.2 Highline-dsc05637.jpg  

Old 11th September 2010, 22:17   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
That is just one of the warning lights when ignition starts. If that symbol doesn't go even when the car has started, that means there's a fault in the steering.

Talking about steering, I feel it's just prefect for city conditions. Maneuverability in tight conditions is very good. And parking the car in narrow spaces is effortless.
The Polo deserves

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks