Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2010, 23:56   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Volks, I'm thinking of having a debadged rear for my Polo since the new 'Volkswagen' and 'Polo' insignia look too long a badging.

What say? If yes, how to go about it without damaging the paint?

Something like this...
Attachment 423895

(pic source: polo9n forums)
Maybe this would help
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...your-ride.html
Old 15th September 2010, 02:20   #62
BHPian

Thats exactly how we go about it, wil put up some youtube links later which i had come across when i was doing some research on the same.

On another note, were your seat covers installed?
Old 15th September 2010, 09:02   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Volks, I'm thinking of having a debadged rear for my Polo since the new 'Volkswagen' and 'Polo' insignia look too long a badging.

What say? If yes, how to go about it without damaging the paint?

Something like this...
Attachment 423895

(pic source: polo9n forums)
Oh my God!!

If you are serious - First find out if the older badges are available for sale at VW. Then you can replace them. It mighty be risky to remove then without damaging the paint. I think they are stuck with 3M double side stickers.

Without any badge, rear looks very bald - Not to my liking!
Old 15th September 2010, 10:57   #64
Senior - BHPian

ok I think it's a bad idea to go for a debadged rear. Don't want to ruin the paint on a new car.
Will post pics of new seat covers in the evening.
Old 15th September 2010, 12:47   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Without any badge, rear looks very bald - Not to my liking!
The large 'Volkswagen' badge does look a bit odd in the new cars.

Chethan, I guess you are one of the lucky ones to get a polo without the huge badge!

Last edited by shadowfax176 : 15th September 2010 at 12:55.
Old 15th September 2010, 13:24   #66
BHPian

Here is the link i promised.

Dont worry about the paint, i doubt anything will happen to it. If it can weather our summers, it can easily weather the heat from a hair dryer

Also, the car in the tutorial is a Cayenne. I dont think anyone would do that to a Porsche if it was going to ruin the paintwork

Last edited by Xehaust : 15th September 2010 at 13:25.
Old 15th September 2010, 14:24   #67
BHPian

Dont remove the entire badges. Just remove the long Volkswagen badge, just as in earlier polos.
Old 15th September 2010, 15:45   #68
Senior - BHPian

Review contd...

Music system:

"German Tadka"- VW Polo 1.2 Highline-dsc05658.jpg

I am not a music buff and found the music system to be good. There are 4 speakers on 4 doors. The system has a single-CD MP3 player and FM/AM. Would have loved if it had a USB port too.
The left knob controls the volume while the right knob controls the bass/treble/balance.
One think I didn't like was that the LCD backlight glows only if the headlamps are switched on. The display itself is very rudimentary.

Air-conditioner:

"German Tadka"- VW Polo 1.2 Highline-dsc05659.jpg

The HVAC in the Polo is one of the best in class. If the internal circulation mode is pressed, it chills pretty quickly even in humid conditions. Fan speed set at 2 is most comfortable. Above that, there's too much fan noise and the strong air coming from the vents will easily ruffle your hair.
Chunky AC knobs are good to hold and the chrome finish(only in Highline) makes it look very good.

Steering wheel/Horn:

"German Tadka"- VW Polo 1.2 Highline-dsc05660.jpg
The steering is good to hold. It's light and has a certain amount of feedback too. The driving experience is thus never boring. Perfect for the city.
A special mention about the horn. It's simply amazing for a hatch. Very loud and sounds no different from the big mercs and bimmers. The Polo earns respect everywhere

Gearbox:

"German Tadka"- VW Polo 1.2 Highline-dsc05662.jpg

The Polo has the best gearshift in class! Short throw and smooth shifts make it a delight to use.
Some complain about the reverse gear in the odd position. But I'd say it's actually good to have it there. You simply press down the gear lever and shift towards 1. Thus making it simple to go back to 1st gear immediately. And there's no chance you'll accidentally engage reverse.
Old 15th September 2010, 16:25   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some complain about the reverse gear in the odd position. But I'd say it's actually good to have it there. You simply press down the gear lever and shift towards 1. Thus making it simple to go back to 1st gear immediately. And there's no chance you'll accidentally engage reverse.
I agree with this completely. After using this for 3 months now, I have got so much used to it - That, I may find the regular one, difficult to use!!
Old 15th September 2010, 23:37   #70
BHPian

Quote:
I agree with this completely. After using this for 3 months now, I have got so much used to it - That, I may find the regular one, difficult to use!!
I too agree. My better half still hasn't got used to wearing seat belts or locking the car, but she has taken to the reverse gear like a fish takes to water.

Sometime when I drive, I find myself looking for the missing reverse gear and reminding myself about it, but not so in her case.

Quote:
Review contd...
Music system:

I am not a music buff and found the music system to be good. There are 4 speakers on 4 doors. The system has a single-CD MP3 player and FM/AM.
I too can't understand the crib about the music system.

I know it cannot handle bass. But so long as I can hear what people are saying its fine for me. If I want better quality, I would rather listen at home.

Sometimes I think, Team-BHP needs to get somebody in their audio department who isn't fed on a daily diet of an independent sub-woofer and audiophile speakers. Some of us just cannot afford to do that without voiding the warranty.
Old 16th September 2010, 00:04   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
I know it cannot handle bass. But so long as I can hear what people are saying its fine for me. If I want better quality, I would rather listen at home.

This music system does not have USB, BT, Rear view camara, Touch screen, GPS & DVD - Wow, a long list!!

If we need music for company - We will not be disappointed.

It is convenient to have USB - But not impossible to live without it.

BT is convenient - This trend has only started recently.

Rear view would look sophisticated - Parking sensor with audio alarm also does the duty.

Touch screen, GPS, DVD - No car in this segment has it today in India.

Frankly speaking, except for the lack of USB - This is the best music system I have ever had on my cars! I am not missing anything.

But, now a days - I am toying with the idea of getting the best HU possible! But that is another decease all together!!
Old 16th September 2010, 10:24   #72
Senior - BHPian

As promised, pictures of seat covers and floor mats

Art leather seat covers-- Rs.3500
Full floor mats -- Rs.1300

I am impressed with the fit and finish of the seat covers. It is a cut-to-cut finish wherein the seat contours are better seen and took 3hrs to install.
Attached Thumbnails
"German Tadka"- VW Polo 1.2 Highline-dsc05680.jpg  

"German Tadka"- VW Polo 1.2 Highline-dsc05681.jpg  

"German Tadka"- VW Polo 1.2 Highline-dsc05683.jpg  

"German Tadka"- VW Polo 1.2 Highline-dsc05686.jpg  

"German Tadka"- VW Polo 1.2 Highline-dsc05687.jpg  

"German Tadka"- VW Polo 1.2 Highline-dsc05688.jpg  

Old 16th September 2010, 10:37   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am impressed with the fit and finish of the seat covers. It is a cut-to-cut finish wherein the seat contours are better seen and took 3hrs to install.
This is the best fitted seat covers I have seen!!

With out the Sunfilms, it should be comfortable. But with the Sunfilms, it might get a bit hot inside - More load on the AC compressor.
Old 16th September 2010, 10:48   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This is the best fitted seat covers I have seen!!

With out the Sunfilms, it should be comfortable. But with the Sunfilms, it might get a bit hot inside - More load on the AC compressor.
I think you have mixed up your statement there.
Old 16th September 2010, 11:02   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I think you have mixed up your statement there.
Not exactly! But that is what we all usually assume - Is it not?

Polo windows come with a pre-tinted glass. Extra Sunfilms are not required to keep the heat out. But if privacy is required, Sunfilms/screens can be a solution.

With Sunfilms, the problem is - Heat outside remains outside, but heat inside also remains inside!! This makes the cabin a bit warm. With fabric cover, it is easily managed. But, with artificial leather covers, it gets a bit too warm, since the material absorbs heat and does not breath.

When it gets hot inside the car, even the smell inside changes. I somehow do not like it. Off-course, one can pull down all the window glasses for a short while, to let the heat out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks