Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2010, 14:17   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Congrats on the BNW Punto. What was the final price after all the discounts, exchange bonus and corporate discount.

I guess that price paid would be on par with the Swift LDi which is again very bare bones, guess it does not even come with the left ORVM.

Do enjoy many more miles with the BNW Punto.

More pictures please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkDrive View Post
^^ Even I was of the impression that the Swift LDI does not come with left ORVM. But, later, found out from LDI owners on this forum that it does, from 2008 onwards, and maruti forgot to update it in the feature list of their website.

Punto Active MJD is anyday a far better product than the LDI, in terms of comfort, VFM looks, handling and what not. Good choice Pri2.

Pri2, the freebies included 50 months roadside assistance too in my city, last time I checked (very recently). Were you not offered that too?
Thank you guys.

The final price was Rs 6,05,000, I was offered free road side assistance and extended warranty. The freebies included a body cover, floor mats, Mud flaps and sun film (Which I didn't install). The mud flaps look too big for the car and I am looking for something smaller and better looking.

The On road price for the swift LDi is 5,87,000 in Bangalore (The only discount I would get was a corporate discount of Rs 2,000 )

Compared to the Swift LDi, Punto Active has better features, like :
Power Windows
Tachometer
Information display-
(that gives me information of my current mileage, distance to empty, speed warning, trip mileage.. etc)
Wheel caps.

The difference I found between the Swift VDi and the Punto Active were - Rear power windows and a Manual central locking.

I am planning a photo shoot after getting the doors and ORVMs painted.
Old 11th September 2010, 20:39   #17
BHPian

Nandi Hills drive - Pictures

I went on a drive to Nandi Hills which is around 70 Kms from where I live in Bangalore. Keeping the running in period in mind, set the speed limit buzzer to 85 Kms so that I don't over speed on the highway. Enjoyed every minute of the drive. Here are some pictures :
Attached Thumbnails
My BOLD New Drive – Grande Punto MJD (Bossa Nova White)-dsc_0028.jpg  

My BOLD New Drive – Grande Punto MJD (Bossa Nova White)-dsc_0029.jpg  

My BOLD New Drive – Grande Punto MJD (Bossa Nova White)-dsc_0023.jpg  

My BOLD New Drive – Grande Punto MJD (Bossa Nova White)-dsc_0025.jpg  

My BOLD New Drive – Grande Punto MJD (Bossa Nova White)-dsc_0027.jpg  

My BOLD New Drive – Grande Punto MJD (Bossa Nova White)-dsc_0033.jpg  

My BOLD New Drive – Grande Punto MJD (Bossa Nova White)-dsc_0035.jpg  

My BOLD New Drive – Grande Punto MJD (Bossa Nova White)-dsc_0036.jpg  

My BOLD New Drive – Grande Punto MJD (Bossa Nova White)-dsc_0042.jpg  

My BOLD New Drive – Grande Punto MJD (Bossa Nova White)-dsc_0044.jpg  

Old 11th September 2010, 21:29   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hi Pri, congrats for your Bossa Nova White Grande Punto 1.3MJD. You have surely made a very good decision. The rear tail lights look superb in this color.
As mentioned by everybody here, you can get your ORVMs painted body color, front grill painted silver and B-pillars blackened. That would look even better.

Was there any cash discount being offered on Ex-Showroom as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pri2 View Post
There is a small issue I noticed on the instrument cluster. The door open warning light stays lit up all the time.
I think you need to get the door sensors checked. Does the cabin light stay on if it is in the middle position(set to light up only when the doors are opened)? If so then there may issue with a sensor from any of the front door. Otherwise, it may be a faulty sensor for one of the rear door.

Anyways, you can wait for a week.
Old 11th September 2010, 21:41   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Hi Pri, congrats for your Bossa Nova White Grande Punto 1.3MJD. You have surely made a very good decision. The rear tail lights look superb in this color.
As mentioned by everybody here, you can get your ORVMs painted body color, front grill painted silver and B-pillars blackened. That would look even better.

Was there any cash discount being offered on Ex-Showroom as well?

I think you need to get the door sensors checked. Does the cabin light stay on if it is in the middle position(set to light up only when the doors are opened)? If so then there may issue with a sensor from any of the front door. Otherwise, it may be a faulty sensor for one of the rear door.

Anyways, you can wait for a week.
Thank you PaddleShifter.

I am getting the door handles and ORVMs painted and pillars blackened next week. I kinda like the grille in black.

There were no cash discounts offered on the ex-showroom price.

You maybe right, looks like the warning light is due to a faulty door sensor. The light never switches on while on the center position. Another thing I noticed today was -while braking hard and stopping, I hear a beep and the warning light goes off for just a second.
Old 11th September 2010, 21:49   #20
BANNED

Quote:
I went on a drive to Nandi Hills.
Is climbing a hill a good idea when the car is in running period?!

Quote:
Keeping the running in period in mind, set the speed limit buzzer to 85 Kms so that I don't over speed on the highway.
More than the speed, hope you didn't revv her high!

NICE PICS!
Old 11th September 2010, 22:17   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHed View Post
Is climbing a hill a good idea when the car is in running period?!
Good question. I have no idea if climbing hills would affect the run in. But anyways Nandi hill isn't that steep.

Quote:
More than the speed, hope you didn't revv her high!
NICE PICS!
Nope, didn't revv her high at all, I was driving with a very light foot.
BTW how high can I revv right now ?
Old 11th September 2010, 22:33   #22
BHPian

Good Choice Pri2,
Thanx that your heart won and you have owned one of the most beautiful and rugged machine in India-FIAT Grande punto!!.
Old 11th September 2010, 23:20   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Good question. I have no idea if climbing hills would affect the run in. But anyways Nandi hill isn't that steep.

Nope, didn't revv her high at all, I was driving with a very light foot.
BTW how high can I revv right now ?
I would suggest you normally dont go over 25-2600rpm but occasionally upto 3000rpm is fine of course for the first 1000kms.
Old 12th September 2010, 10:01   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

The car looks great. But the mud flaps are spoiling the looks. Get rid of them to ensure there are no such thing which reduces the looks of the car.

How did the car perform going up the hair pin bends.
Old 12th September 2010, 12:58   #25
BHPian

Congratulations on your new possession. BNW Punto is my favorite. Happy mile munching and welcome to club Punto

Kailash
Old 12th September 2010, 17:55   #26
Senior - BHPian

Needless to say, your Fiat Punto looks gorgeous in Bossa Nova White. I feel that it's the best looking color on Punto.

That road in the 6th & 7th picture looks very inviting. How I wish I had a driving license! I'm eager to know the name of the road.

Which camera do you use brother?

PS : We've a BNW Fiat Punto at home.lol
Old 12th September 2010, 19:11   #27
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the acquisition of Punto.Its a wonderful colour you have chosen.
Happy Motoring.
Old 12th September 2010, 19:45   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new Punto.

BN White is becoming a popular color on the Punto, and for good reason. Enjoy your car!
Old 13th September 2010, 00:15   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvkale2 View Post
Good Choice Pri2,
Thanx that your heart won and you have owned one of the most beautiful and rugged machine in India-FIAT Grande punto!!.
Thank you nvkale2. I can confidently say that - I believe in Love at first sight. And I am loving every moment of it. The looks, build quality, handling and suspension are absolutely brilliant !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
The car looks great. But the mud flaps are spoiling the looks. Get rid of them to ensure there are no such thing which reduces the looks of the car.
How did the car perform going up the hair pin bends.
Thank you nkrishnap.

I agree that the mud flaps look ugly and stupid. Point taken, the first thing I will do tomorrow is take them off.

She performed pretty well. Never had to shift below the 2nd gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Needless to say, your Fiat Punto looks gorgeous in Bossa Nova White. I feel that it's the best looking color on Punto.

That road in the 6th & 7th picture looks very inviting. How I wish I had a driving license! I'm eager to know the name of the road.

Which camera do you use brother?

PS : We've a BNW Fiat Punto at home.lol
Thank you Klub Class. I agree, she indeed looks gorgeous in Bossa nova white.

The road you see in the pictures is the Nandi hills road, it is around 60 to 70 kms from Bangalore and on the BLR HYD highway. The entire stretch is excellent with minimal traffic and no pot holes at all.

I Use a Nikon D40.

Congrats!! I have gone through your thread and she looks HOTT !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Congratulations on your new possession. BNW Punto is my favorite. Happy mile munching and welcome to club Punto

Kailash
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Congratulations on the acquisition of Punto.Its a wonderful colour you have chosen.
Happy Motoring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Congrats on your new Punto.

BN White is becoming a popular color on the Punto, and for good reason. Enjoy your car!
Thank you Kailash, hillram and StarrySky.

She looks gorgeous in Bossa Nova White!! but dont you guys agree that being so good looking, she looks stunning in all available colours ?

BTW, I had been on a drive from Bangalore to Kushalnagar today which is almost around 250 kms from Bangalore. The roads were excellent and very tempting. But I kept my control on the revvs and speed... My odo now reads 1000+ and that's in just 3 days. !! now you know how much I am loving it !!!
Old 13th September 2010, 10:12   #30
BHPian

@Pri2,
The car is too good, how about giving her Abarth look.? Its looks best on white.
Even i had weekend drive from goa to mumbai in one of my friends Punto, and even after driving more than 600km, we never felt tired.
Attached Thumbnails
My BOLD New Drive – Grande Punto MJD (Bossa Nova White)-fiatgrande_punto_abarth_2008_1280x960_wallpaper_0b.jpg  

Most Viewed