Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2010, 02:03   #46
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Many congratulations! She is a beauty. I passed outside Bavaria Motors last night and saw a white F10. Looked stunning!
Old 18th September 2010, 02:43   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
- Remember to practice the 60 second idle, most of all at the end of a drive. Restrict the revvs for the first 2,000 kms, then gradually take her to the redline over the next 1,500 - 2,000 kms.

Quote a garage you got now. A souped up Lancer & a torque monster.

Drive safe, will you!
GTO, he also owns a Peted Swift D & a Getz D, so his garage is full of Torque monsters

And yes he is a Safe Driver
Old 18th September 2010, 04:58   #48
Senior - BHPian

Amey, your dude is a super cool dude, wish everbody has a dad like one.

congrats on this wonderful and i am guessing its a self drive most of the times as the rear seats still look a tad cramped.

Once you get some time from torque additcion post more detailed drivig impressions and how many kms you have clocked up till now.

many congrats once again and drive safe.

cheers
Old 18th September 2010, 08:15   #49
Senior - BHPian

Classy ,Elegant ,Understated . 3 words that describe the new 5
congrats on your buy .
IMO the best <50 lac car available in India today.
Old 18th September 2010, 13:42   #50
BHPian

Woah! Congratulations on the mighty beamer ! Good thing you didn't go for the superb. You've got a really cool dad just by the way!

Drive Safe!
Old 18th September 2010, 20:05   #51
BHPian

A story right from the heart! Here's three cheers for such lovely Dads' out there. Your decision has been from the heart and it's a wonderful feeling when you own something so greater than anticiapted. Congratulations Amey!!!

You are probably inspiring guys like me who couldn't otherwise have even thought of a Bimmer purchase. The 3 series is perhaps within the reach if it's worth so much. But unfortunately I don't have the liberty of so many cars and will have to stick to the Fortuner for now. Perhaps in the future, when the Swifty's up for a change, I could consider one. If so, I am sure my Dad would certainly say something like yours did Amey!

Cheers
Champion
Old 18th September 2010, 22:42   #52
BHPian

wow thats an impressive write up. felt every emotion you went through, should say thanks for the detailed story really enjoyed reading it. sorry if i sound rude really couldn't hold the laugh when you went to the sales guy and asked the driver to take the car out i can visualize a person standing next to a brand new 5 series looking tensed and confused, probably if i would have been in your place i would have asked them to drive it till home. yes it will be scary to drive a brand new expensive car for the first time.

hearty congrats to you and your dad. drive safe.

are you planning for any protective coating are something of that sort?

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Just 1 question, how do you manage to clock in so many kilometers in a few years? My Micra is barely 2 months old, and I have done only about 700kms!!
i guess you are referring to the read on the pic says 575kms, from his posts it looks like he hasnt driven the car much, is that the odo reading 575 or the distance to empty saying 575kms?
Old 18th September 2010, 23:11   #53
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the Ultimate Driving Machine. Happy mile munching!
BTW, i like your plates. They scream GF!
Old 19th September 2010, 07:58   #54
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow a F10 5-series is a great buy. The classic lines are just so good and the rims look cool too.

Many Congratulations Amey. Drive safe and wish you many happy miles with the 525d.
Old 19th September 2010, 09:46   #55
BHPian

Wowwwwwwwwwww what a car and an equally justifiable write up, Congrats Amey. You should be gifted to have a dad like this, not everyone is that lucky. Thanks for the detailed photos, it came out well, just that it requires a nice background and a wicked pose from the front to add more aura to it.

Drive Safe and good luck on your new car.
Old 19th September 2010, 11:01   #56
BHPian

Just one suggestion, get those after market mats off of your Beemer.

BTW how did the Superb's rear legroom compare to the F10?
Old 19th September 2010, 14:52   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the car ! Thats a worthy purchase for sure ! And yeah, a BIG BOSS to all the cars present in your garage!

Were you offered any choices for internal color combinations? I know Audi had couple of color schemes [read it somewhere] so though BMW also would have.

And couple of front pics !
Old 19th September 2010, 15:18   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhrer View Post
i guess you are referring to the read on the pic says 575kms, from his posts it looks like he hasnt driven the car much, is that the odo reading 575 or the distance to empty saying 575kms?
No, no, I was referring to his original post in which he has mentioned that his Octavia did 1,80,000 kms since 2005. I know, he has a business and travels a lot (since childhood, when we were in the same class in school! ), but 5 years & ~2L kms?? Wow!

The picture shows the DTE display for sure.

Last edited by W.A.G.7 : 19th September 2010 at 15:19.
Old 19th September 2010, 15:24   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
he has mentioned that his Octavia did 1,80,000 kms since 2005.
Quite a choice for a "workhorse" replacement Amey!

Just curious, how much does 5 year old car which has done close to 2,00,000 kms fetch in the Indian market ?
Must not be easy convincing individual buyers (not dealers).

Hearty congrats Amey and wish you many miles of happy motoring!
Old 19th September 2010, 15:40   #60
BHPian

Quote:
No, no, I was referring to his original post in which he has mentioned that his Octavia did 1,80,000 kms since 2005. I know, he has a business and travels a lot (since childhood, when we were in the same class in school! ), but 5 years & ~2L kms?? Wow!

The picture shows the DTE display for sure.
ya thats a lot of driving. Beemer is sure the car for him. all these expensive cars are for people like him for whom the roads are the second home. Just imagine, one can average 100kmph on the overall drives, he has spent 1800 hours in his octi alone in the past 4 - 5 years. Its a worth while investment and he can do justise to the car rather than letting it decay in the garage.

once again happy miles

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks