Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2010, 23:32   #1
BHPian

My new OHC with pics!

Hi guys,

I just purchased a second-hand 1999 Honda City 1.3 Exi, which has done 80,000kms.
It has P&W Alloys,
195/60 R14 GoodYear Tires,
Rear View Camera with LCD display screen and in build bluetooth for cell phone,
Pioneer MP3/CD/USB Player with Steering remote controls,
Pyle Speakers in the front door and oval speakers behind the rear seat,
German White head lamps,
Black Leather Seating,
Spolier and door visor,
Skoda horn,
Autocop Central locking with automatic window glass raiser.

I just fell in love after my first test-drive. It has a few dents and scratches but I didn't bother about that.

I just went for a trip to Shivasamudra Falls, which is about 140kms from Bangalore, and trust me this was a beast on the highway. In my opinion this scores much better compared to my Swift vXi. I topped 160km/hr and the car was very stable and I now I really suspect the Speedometer. Top it off I got an average of 15+km/hr without A/C.

The only flaws are the rear suspension which keeps bouncing after every hump. I also realized on my way back from the trip that the gear stick was getting pretty hot. Is there anything I should be wary of because of this.

I'm posting a few pics of her, what do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails
My new OHC with pics!-11092010018.jpg  

My new OHC with pics!-100_0454mod.jpg  

My new OHC with pics!-100_0455mod.jpg  

My new OHC with pics!-100_0462mod.jpg  

Old 14th September 2010, 00:44   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by micraft View Post
I also realized on my way back from the trip that the gear stick was getting pretty hot. Is there anything I should be wary of because of this.
gear lever getting hot is a common problem ( if that can be called a problem ) with the ohc. my car had the same problem and honda service people told me that this is normal and there is nothing to be worried off.

can we know for how much did u buy this beauty for?
Old 14th September 2010, 00:55   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations. You might want to do something about the headlamps. They seem to be too foggy. Nice ride. Drive safe!
Old 14th September 2010, 00:56   #4
Senior - BHPian

Lovely car,congrats!That LCD screen rear view mirror is a nice piece of kit!

BTW What is the german white headlamps?Is it the amber side lights replaced by white ones?
Old 14th September 2010, 10:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Micraft, that is a really clean looking car. How much did you have to part with?

Last edited by shuvd : 14th September 2010 at 10:29.
Old 14th September 2010, 10:55   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congratulation Micraft. You got yourselves a fine set of wheels. The alloys look good on the city.

How is the night vision of the rear view camera. Does the LCD screen illumniates at night?

Whats a Skoda Horn doing in a City
Old 14th September 2010, 11:24   #7
BHPian

Micraft,

Congratulations. The car looks good. It doesnot look like a 11 year old car. Can you tell the price that you paid and how many previous owners it had? It will be a good buying guide for people like me.
Old 14th September 2010, 11:34   #8
BHPian

Thanks everyone!

@vishnuvijay - Thats a great relief to know that you also face the same problem with gear lever getting hot.

@prince_pervez - Yeah, thats for putting that to my attention. Actually night visibility is not so good, i thought it was the 3M sun film on the windshield, but I think you pointed out the issue.
I'll be having her checked from a Honda showroom this weekend. The owner had her serviced just before giving it to me.

@avishar & ghodlur - Actually the LCD sreen rear view mirror, from my opinion is not to be used at night. If it wasn't bad enough that oncoming vehicles don't bother to dim their lights, now you also have to worry about vehicles behind you. But its almost the same case with the rear-view mirror as well. But its really helpful in parking where there are obstructions whose height is less than your spoiler.
Yes avishar, the amber front lights are replaced by white headlamps.

@vishnuvijay & shuvd & everyone - Could you guys make a quote on how much this would cost, or how much you guys would be willing to spend to own this machine? Please, pretty please.
I'll let you guys know how much I shed to own this OHC soon.
Old 14th September 2010, 11:41   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Could you guys make a quote on how much this would cost, or how much you guys would be willing to spend to own this machine? Please, pretty please.
I'll let you guys know how much I shed to own this OHC soon.
Should have costed you around 1.5L max if taken from individual or 1.3-1.4L max if taken from dealer. Let us know if this is the price you paid.
Old 14th September 2010, 11:55   #10
Senior - BHPian

Hmm, thanks to the bangalore factor I'm guessing you spent around 2.0 to 2.4L on your Honda.

She looks great, btw! I'm on the look out for a similar City, so your experiences will be very valuable!

Last edited by anekho : 14th September 2010 at 11:56.
Old 14th September 2010, 12:07   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Should have costed you around 1.5L max if taken from individual or 1.3-1.4L max if taken from dealer. Let us know if this is the price you paid.
You must be kidding. 1.3-1.4 for an OHC in Bangalore?

This would not have cost him any less than 1.8 lakhs or 1.5 is a steal.

Last edited by Googleman : 14th September 2010 at 12:17.
Old 14th September 2010, 12:14   #12
Senior - BHPian

I saw a 1.3 with a dealer in Calcutta @ 1.30. Done around 75k but didn't have these bells and whistles. He was ready to negotiate. Bear in mind that taxes are not as high as BLR.
Old 14th September 2010, 12:32   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
You must be kidding. 1.3-1.4 for an OHC in Bangalore?

This would not have cost him any less than 1.8 lakhs or 1.5 is a steal.
This is as per the used car valuation available on most websites. Bear in mind its a 1999 model & 1.3L engine. Just calculate in terms of depreciation percentage, it should come around to that value.

Let Micraft confirm his purchase value.
Old 14th September 2010, 14:48   #14
BHPian

Hmmm, very upset with the very low quotes.

But she cost me 2.1L.

I'm hoping that its a fair deal. I'll be taking her to a Honda workshop to check the compression and their valuation of the vehicle. I also need to fill the A/C gas. I'll let you guys know Honda evaluation of the vehicle this week.

Does anyone know of a good place in Bangalore, hopefully close to Silk Board, where this can be done reliably?
Old 14th September 2010, 14:54   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Hmmm, very upset with the very low quotes.

But she cost me 2.1L.

I'm hoping that its a fair deal. I'll be taking her to a Honda workshop to check the compression and their valuation of the vehicle. I also need to fill the A/C gas. I'll let you guys know Honda evaluation of the vehicle this week.

Does anyone know of a good place in Bangalore, hopefully close to Silk Board, where this can be done reliably?
Well 2.1 is not bad. I quoted 1.8 as a 'good' deal Certainly you did not et a good deal but 'good enough' I can say . You were asking people to make guesses on the price so I thought while everyone will quote, at the end you will come up with a good price and make a fool out of everyone

Anyways 2.1 is not bad et all if tyres+condition is good and the car still goes to 160KMPH without any grumbles. BTW, how many owners and through a broker or owner itself?

Last edited by Googleman : 14th September 2010 at 14:55.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks