Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2010, 10:14   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
I believe Tuscan Wine also changes shades depending upon ambient light.
Someone in my apartment building owns the same colour and I have observed that the shade changes are very prominent on this one. It looks a real stunner in cloudy and dusky conditions. In broad daylight, you have to keep the car absolutely spotless and dustfree to keep the charm of this colour alive.
Old 16th September 2010, 10:32   #17
BHPian

Thanks you all. I am still on a high and will be so for a long while. I surely will give a more detailed report once I stop drooling at the car and convince myself to look away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Any freebies you got? Are the discounts you mentioned for the month of September or did you buy it in Aug?

Finally, enjoy your beauty and do consider door sill plates for your beauty. Fiat has recently launched new accessories.
Thank you. Free Accessories were only mudflaps and mats. I believe all cars should come with a basic one at the least. The main discounts were free insurance, ext warranty, 24x7 assitance package and 10 k discount along with a 6K corp disc. Sorry for the ignorance but what are door sill plates? Mine was an august purchase but I believe these offers are still on and will not be going away untill the sales improve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
chitty chitty bang bang is that what this color looks like. Photograph in misty background is too cool. some more exterior pics plz. I believe Tuscan Wine also changes shades depending upon ambient light.
The car is a supermodel. It simply poses for me. The tuscan wine is an unusual color. Before I saw it I was under the impression it may be something like the fiesta paprika red or the usual wine reds but its got an almost coffee brown tinge to the red. It is also known as purple red according to FIAT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientmariner View Post
Congrats. That's a refreshing colour. You get a good mileage. Mine is just 10 with mostly city driving.
I was tempted for the red or white but me and wife both liked the tuscan wine instantly. Mileage will depend a lot on the roads. Our usual route is part highway and part city driving. Besides we havent really floored the car since its still in the run in period.
Attached Thumbnails
Presenting my Grande Punto 1.4 E pk-gp2.jpg  

Presenting my Grande Punto 1.4 E pk-gp3.jpg  

Last edited by chittybang : 16th September 2010 at 10:34.
Old 16th September 2010, 11:21   #18
BHPian

Congrats on the Punto and welcome to the club. Seeing the sales of the Punto and disproportionate number of Punto owners on Team BHP, looks like most of the Punto owners are on this forum .
By the way, since you have also test driven the 1.2, how much difference did you find between the 1.2 and 1.4 in terms of pickup, driveability, engine refinement etc ?
Old 16th September 2010, 11:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chittybang View Post
The main discounts were free insurance, ext warranty, 24x7 assitance package and 10 k discount along with a 6K corp disc. Sorry for the ignorance but what are door sill plates? Mine was an august purchase but I believe these offers are still on and will not be going away untill the sales improve.
Thanks Chittybank for the info.

Door Sill plates by Fiat
Cost: Rs295/- per piece.
Here is a pic. It protects the paint from scratches and looks cool too. I wish there were illuminated door sills available just like Honda Civic, Accord, Cruze etc.

Edit- The helpline number sticker at the rear windshield is a bit too long. Better to get rid of it. You can let the Fortune sticker stay.
Attached Thumbnails
Presenting my Grande Punto 1.4 E pk-puntodoor-sill-plates.jpg  

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 16th September 2010 at 11:32.
Old 16th September 2010, 11:26   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the Punto. The car is as usual looking best in this shade as well.
Old 16th September 2010, 11:32   #21
BHPian

Congrats buddy......Sure it is a head turner I too booked and got a punto in Tuscan wine color... No time put up in a thread..
Here is a sample
Attached Thumbnails
Presenting my Grande Punto 1.4 E pk-photo0278.jpg  

Reisender is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2010, 12:25   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
The helpline number sticker at the rear windshield is a bit too long. Better to get rid of it. You can let the Fortune sticker stay.
Agree with you on that. I had insisted that i do not want any stickers but they put it up anyways. I didnt feel like pulling it off but do intend to do it soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reisender View Post
Congrats buddy......Sure it is a head turner I too booked and got a punto in Tuscan wine color... No time put up in a thread..
Here is a sample
Congrats I can understand not having time. Its the punto effect.
Old 10th August 2015, 18:00   #23
BHPian

Re: Presenting my Grande Punto 1.4 E pk

Hello all
I am planning to buy a pre owned car for my parents in Kolkata. The running is only on weekends and that too max 30 kms. Hence buying a new car doesnt make much sense. The usage is also moderate and the car would be lying idle for most of the time. Hence, I decided to go in for a solidly built car with a good reputation and most importantly within my budget. After some searching, found a 2009 Fiat Punto 1.4 Emotion PK. The owner is quoting 2.6 lakhs. Since most of the people here are existing Punto owners, just needed a few words of guidance from here :-
1. Is the price being quoted all right for a 6 year old vehicle?
2. What are the maintenence aspects I should be looking forward to for this car?
3. Are the spares readily available since the model is discontinued.
4. Any good and reliable mechanic in Kolkata especially near South Kolkata with whom we can tie up for regular servicings.
Thanks in advance

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks