Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2010, 11:09   #16
BHPian

Thank you all for the support.
I didn't know that this car enjoys such a warmth in so many hearts.

Quote:
These beauties will continue to grace the roads only because of a few enthusiasts.
Sir, we had an informal meet last Sunday with 10 contys participating and it was beautiful to watch these ladies follow each other in a convoy thru the city. Shall post the report soon.

Quote:
not sure if this helps, but there is a Garage called ignite in Chennai on ECR, the owner Raghav is the best mechanic/restorer i have ever had the opportunity to meet. You can try reaching out to him if you want to have this car restored back to its pristine glory.
aries_mavrick, please share such info here and this can help in creating a database of mechanics, spare parts, dealers, clubs etc for future reference and help amongst the conty group.

Doesn'tmatter if its in Chennai or China.

Quote:
a hearty welcome to be a conti owner. the jeep and conti are 2 extremes of motoring, in my real experience. You have the taste and passion to create, restore machines, so hope to see a gleaming conti in the future.
Sir, your posts have been a source of inspiration and help in making the seed grow stronger. Please update your restoration thread. I go there every day hoping something new. Infact myself and mike stay just 1 km away. We keep meeting quiet often. I dont want to embarrass him more, I agree with all you said.

ACM,
It looks like you have peeped into my mind. These are exactly in order and the timing also matches.
Quote:
Do's
1) Change the rupper hose / pipes under the bonnet.
  • Already changed them.
2) Crome bumpers that came with the Contessa Classic would look better.
  • Looking for these. Any pointers/help would be appreciated.
3) Paint the car after 3 months by which time technical glitches would be sorted out.
  • yes. 3-5 months from now, it will have a new paint. Not sure of the color though.
4) Re do the car seats and door panels and dash while getting the car painted.
  • Same thought here.
Thank you.

Quote:
But I am just thinking if I buy one, I do not know who would throw me out of the house first. My parents or my wife!!!
LOL Harjeev. Either way you can sleep in the car comfortably. Remember, it comes with an Airline first class slumberette.

Quote:
What makes you think you need to paint the whole car.............?
Its called the 'Wife' thing Pavan. This is how it effects.

"OK you got it for 40. But it doesnt have to look like you got it for such a price". A simple coat of the same color will cost us cheap and the car will look like new what say ? "Yaaaak. i wont sit in that green car. I dont like this dark green and i think you too dont like greens. Change the color to some thing bright. A car should be bright not dull and no matter how many times you paint the same color it is still dull to me".

Personally i too don't like the color. But a simple overcoat of the same color is the cheapest and more practical. Considering the cost savings, half my mind votes for just an overcoat of the same color. But as i said, the forces of the umm...err... better half thing are more stronger than the logic.

Quote:
Congratz on another dream purchase! Its a lovely highway cruiser and is pretty reliable also, once you set it up well. Looking forward to your ownership updates
Thanks Jaggu. Shall put up the ownership updates soon.

funkykar, speedmiester, n.devdath, EARTHed, dicky... thankyou guys.

Regards,
Krishna.
Old 7th November 2011, 14:28   #17
BHPian

Re: From a 4 Wheel drive to a rear wheel drive. My Contessa

Hi Krishna,

Long time ! I guess I saw you driving your car last week near the 'corner house' next Miyer's place. I'l be meeting Miyer this weekend for some pointer and to discuss the possibility of getting my car suspension done at 'Maitri' in the coming few days. Let's plan to meet there.

The green thing - she looked good. If you remember the discussion we had at your place about the chrome bumper, kindly update if you were able to find more of them.

Secondly, how did the discussion with the tinker to make/fabricate SS bumpers for the conti go? any updates?

Thirdly, drop a SMS to my number, as I lost my phone during my recent ride to Goa on the Bullet.

Regards,
Tej

Most Viewed