Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2010, 10:50   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Just found out, reverse parking sensor is NOT a standard feature of even VMT.
I'm surprised no one else figured out!
I have pointed out same in the post #27 of your thread. Other VMT features also, I have indicated in the same post.
Old 26th September 2010, 11:38   #47
BHPian

Congrats on your ANHC purchase. I have taken this beauty last week. Yes yes I know I need to write an ownership report. I have upgraded from a santro so apologize for my lack of knowledge/ignorance. There are couple of things I thought should ask you guys;

1. I have read that during the run in (<=1000) the RPM shudn't exceed 2500 and speed around 80km. I have driven 400 odd Km till now and trust me its very difficult to do that. How do you guys manage that? I mean, in Chennai traffic, if i take the car out in 1st gear- even with a simple acceleration the RPM reached 2500 and I have to constantly change the gears to be at a lower RPM.

2. I'm getting a knocking kind of feel in the 1st and 2nd gear. Is it normal when the car the new or specific with ANHC during run in?

3. What do we mean when we say "Vtecs are rev happy engines"? I love to be the first one out of the traffic line though and not sure if ANHC would help me in that

3. I have been following the Linea T jet very generously and have always liked the car for its handling and with power in it now , it makes a serious competition to ANHC/Vento. What I dint like in ANHC( or shud I say could have been better) is constant change of gears in city drive. I have read that the Vtec kicks in around 3500rpm and real fun to drive is >3500. How far is this true ? and how do you realize that the Vtec has kicked in?

Thanks for all your help.
Old 26th September 2010, 13:23   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Just found out, reverse parking sensor is NOT a standard feature of even VMT.
I'm surprised no one else figured out!

Yeah it's quite sad these essential equipment is not being offered as standard. I have a VMT and I fixed parking sensors from the dealer before delivery.
Cost me Rs. 3800

The sensors on the bumper was body colored and the monitor was basically a rear view mirror which was clipped on top of my existing RVM. The are small bars which indicates the distance from the obstacle along with the distance written in meters and an audible beeping noise.

Simple yet functional, and very helpful indeed!

Oh and regarding the horn..

It does feel really inadequate from the inside with all the windows up, but it is quite loud when heard from the outside (although the tone wasn't quite acceptable to me).

But anyhow, I got a pair of Bosch Megasonic horns fitted from the dealer. They have retained my original horn and installed a small switch so I can switch between them.

The switch was very neatly tucked away out of sight inside the little storage box on the right side just below the steering wheel

Cost me Rs. 2600 for the whole set up. the Bosch Megasonics also came with a 2 year warranty.

Last edited by TheStig : 26th September 2010 at 13:29.
Old 26th September 2010, 17:41   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
But anyhow, I got a pair of Bosch Megasonic horns fitted from the dealer. They have retained my original horn and installed a small switch so I can switch between them.

The switch was very neatly tucked away out of sight inside the little storage box on the right side just below the steering wheel

Cost me Rs. 2600 for the whole set up. the Bosch Megasonics also came with a 2 year warranty.
are you sure your warranty is not void for getting the horn fixed?

n yea, you have a really impressive line-up of cars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhir3127 View Post
Congrats on your ANHC purchase. I have taken this beauty last week. Yes yes I know I need to write an ownership report. I have upgraded from a santro so apologize for my lack of knowledge/ignorance. There are couple of things I thought should ask you guys;

1. I have read that during the run in (<=1000) the RPM shudn't exceed 2500 and speed around 80km. I have driven 400 odd Km till now and trust me its very difficult to do that. How do you guys manage that? I mean, in Chennai traffic, if i take the car out in 1st gear- even with a simple acceleration the RPM reached 2500 and I have to constantly change the gears to be at a lower RPM.

2. I'm getting a knocking kind of feel in the 1st and 2nd gear. Is it normal when the car the new or specific with ANHC during run in?

3. What do we mean when we say "Vtecs are rev happy engines"? I love to be the first one out of the traffic line though and not sure if ANHC would help me in that

3. I have been following the Linea T jet very generously and have always liked the car for its handling and with power in it now , it makes a serious competition to ANHC/Vento. What I dint like in ANHC( or shud I say could have been better) is constant change of gears in city drive. I have read that the Vtec kicks in around 3500rpm and real fun to drive is >3500. How far is this true ? and how do you realize that the Vtec has kicked in?

Thanks for all your help.
1) 2500 rpm is slightly low while driving in the city. more so coz you don't know when you might have to brake and hence downshift.. so, I would suggest, while you are driving through the city, apart from 1st gear where you can shift at 2500 rpm, let the other gears go on till 3rpm.. if you keep changing gears very often, there would be wear and tear of the clutch plate much sooner..

2) i have gone uptill 3k km on mine.. no knocking sound observed.. probably, you change from 1st to 2nd on low rpm.. on 1st you release the clutch and don't accelerate proportionately.. try ensuring a steady ( 2000 + rpm) while driving.. if your speed is low, keep the clutch pressed and drive.. i guess that should help..

3) city would and should help you getting off being first at a traffic signal.. i have experienced reasonably satisfactory pick-up from idling..

4) for >3500 rpm, you should be in the highway, i feel that shouldn't be a rpm you drive on in the city roads..

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by .anshuman : 26th September 2010 at 18:01. Reason: Please take a look at the mod note that has been added to the end of your post.
Old 26th September 2010, 19:24   #50
BHPian

Quote:
are you sure your warranty is not void for getting the horn fixed?

n yea, you have a really impressive line-up of cars!

Yea, thanks

No, the warranty is not void. I asked specifically about it and i was assured it would not be voided. This is because the dealers are doing the work and they haven't touched the wiring for the original horn.

I did check with an accessories shop before going to the dealer, they themselves suggested I go to the dealer because of warranty issues.
Old 26th September 2010, 20:18   #51
BHPian

Quote:
What the VMT has more than SMT is alloy wheels, reverse sensors (which we have got fitted on ours), chrome handles and fog lamps..

So, we felt these 3 things are not actually very necessary to spend an additional 40k.
I suppose all the ANHC old owners here know exactly the features list of VMT Vs SMT.

I think it was a skip from you that VMT had reverse sensors as you had quoted earlier.

Features of VMT: Chrome handle, Alloys ( 4nos), tweeters, Fog lamps, Rotary AC knobs.
Old 13th October 2010, 18:26   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
No, the warranty is not void. I asked specifically about it and i was assured it would not be voided. This is because the dealers are doing the work and they haven't touched the wiring for the original horn.
Where exactly have you got it done in Trivandrum ?
Old 6th November 2010, 10:37   #53
BHPian

Nice review...have posted mine too, hope it shows up after Moerators approve

Nandu
Old 8th November 2010, 17:26   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Congrats libranof1987, Welcome to the club,
Drive safe and enjoy your ANHC, where are the customary pics?

Any long drives planned? One long drive will settle the engine beautifully and also get you familiar with a lot of things around on the ANHC.

The bumper on ANHC is the same for all models, just that on those that dont have fog lamps, there is a provision to fit fog lamps (the cut out for installing the fog lamps is concealed behind the bumpers away from our view) and hence they look neat.

The reverse sensors are black by default and you need to have them painted in the body color (which some dealerships charge extra)

Also the controls you saw on the Civic steering wheel would be on the right hand side and are for cruise control.

Cheers
Uday
Regarding the bumper : I am sure there are different bumpers for E & S and V variants; because I did not find any provision for fog lamps in the bumpers for E & S.

And I quite like it this way; otherwise a provision for fog lamps in lower variants make it look cheap and the plastic piece in place of fog lamps gets damaged very easily.
Old 8th November 2010, 19:41   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Regarding the bumper : I am sure there are different bumpers for E & S and V variants; because I did not find any provision for fog lamps in the bumpers for E & S.

And I quite like it this way; otherwise a provision for fog lamps in lower variants make it look cheap and the plastic piece in place of fog lamps gets damaged very easily.
Its is not like that all variants have the same bumper the fog lamp slot is provided behind the bumper where one have to cut and open the slot to fix a new fog lamp & provisions for clamps are also seen behind the bumper.
Old 8th November 2010, 19:48   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
Its is not like that all variants have the same bumper the fog lamp slot is provided behind the bumper where one have to cut and open the slot to fix a new fog lamp & provisions for clamps are also seen behind the bumper.
No; there is no provision for the fog lamps in the bumper for SMT and EMT. From the bumper on my car, I could not see any mould that would have to be cut to fit the fog lamps.
Attached Thumbnails
My Japanese Doll : Habanero Red Honda City S-MT-2.jpg  

Last edited by libranof1987 : 8th November 2010 at 19:54.
Old 8th November 2010, 20:51   #57
BHPian

Quote:
No; there is no provision for the fog lamps in the bumper for SMT and EMT. From the bumper on my car, I could not see any mould that would have to be cut to fit the fog lamps.
From what i have read before, even SMT and EMT will have provisions. And you cannot see that provision from front side, but from the inner side of the bumper. They will cut it from inside and you wont make any difference once its fitted. Go to SVC they will fit it.

Last edited by shamanth : 8th November 2010 at 20:53.
Old 9th November 2010, 15:57   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
From what i have read before, even SMT and EMT will have provisions. And you cannot see that provision from front side, but from the inner side of the bumper. They will cut it from inside and you wont make any difference once its fitted. Go to SVC they will fit it.
+1

this is what I have been told too, since fog lamps have an overlap they cover this cut and give a feeling of one single bumper.
Old 9th November 2010, 20:33   #59
BHPian

[quote=libranof1987;2074458]hi folks.. thought I'd post my experience with my new red honda city 1.5 SMT..

I have a serious issue with under the keel clearance with my SMT...the ground clearance needs to be raised..any idea how it can be done? My City bottom is a goner...

Capt Nandu Chitnis

Last edited by nanduchitnis : 9th November 2010 at 20:48.
Old 10th November 2010, 14:54   #60
Team-BHP Support

[quote=nanduchitnis;2134587]
Quote:
hi folks.. thought I'd post my experience with my new red honda city 1.5 SMT..

I have a serious issue with under the keel clearance with my SMT...the ground clearance needs to be raised..any idea how it can be done? My City bottom is a goner...

Capt Nandu Chitnis
The ground clearance is a slight problem not just with the City but quite a other sedans as well.

I have seen some cars "lifted" but think that adversely affects your car. For starters, suspension is bound to be affected and with the raised CG, guess handling would again be affected.

About the bottom, most cars have a steel mesh to protect the engine and a cover to protect the fuel assembly. I wouldn't recommend getting the bottom raised.

On a curious note, where did you have a problem with the ground clearance in Pune?

Most Viewed