Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2011, 22:40   #91
Team-BHP Support

re: My Japanese Doll : Habanero Red Honda City S-MT

[quote=charthom;2472740]Libran,

A great revival of your thread. And what a thorough odyssey through its virtues!
I never knew the car had so much style to offer!! Really appreciated./QUOTE]

Thanks buddy!

Quote:
Guys at Pearl Honda appears to be unenthusiastic! Why no red paint again? Are they lying!!Do they have all other shades?
Tell me about it. They say they haven't received that shade yet; the one they have is for NHC; tad duller than Habanero red.

Quote:
Still no pictures from the valley of flowers!!
Too many pics man, need time to compress. Will be up shortly.

Quote:
How did the car handled the bad roads? Did you forget your identity? Many questions-one answer: a thorough travelogue. Soon- please,with lot of snaps.
ANHC - disappointing on mountain roads. The soft suspension is a huge area of concern while driving on those roads. I scraped the bottom a couple of times. Hence, did not take the car all the way up to Badrinath; parked it at Rudraprayag and hired a cab. Felt let down because I'd argued with my folks about it; they'd suggested we hire a cab door-door.

It was a good decision as the roads was terrible; ANHC would have handled them but at the cost of some damage on the bottom.

---

Btw Charthom, did you check out the snap about the spare tyre?? Your views?

Hey
Old 19th August 2011, 08:24   #92
BHPian

[quote=libranof1987;2472821]
Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post

Too many pics man, need time to compress. Will be up shortly.
Nice to note. Now I have some patience.

Quote:
ANHC - disappointing on mountain roads. The soft suspension is a huge area of concern while driving on those roads.
It was a good decision as the roads was terrible; ANHC would have handled them but at the cost of some damage on the bottom.
Do your beautiful bride the honour and favour of a maid ,dude!! Don't make her do all the dirty jobs and save a few bucks. I was skeptical about the whole idea from the beginning and a bit worried too. But nice that you took the correct decision and hired a taxi from some point onwards. When you are on way for something really enjoyable don't create additional problems,IMHO.

Quote:
Btw Charthom, did you check out the snap about the spare tyre?? Your views?
Sorry I forgot the to comment on this. Please keep the spare bolted firmly down. Take it out for filling.I have seen same design on other cars too-the santro for eg. I used to take it out and get filled. Remember to fill the spare more-about 35 psi and keep. In the unlikely event of a change,you can always reduce it-but filling by yourself may not be possible,right.

BTW,Libran-check out a small travelogue on my thread and a few snaps of the UT Beauty.

Last edited by charthom : 19th August 2011 at 08:28.
Old 19th August 2011, 10:32   #93
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Do your beautiful bride the honour and favour of a maid ,dude!! Don't make her do all the dirty jobs and save a few bucks. I was skeptical about the whole idea from the beginning and a bit worried too. But nice that you took the correct decision and hired a taxi from some point onwards. When you are on way for something really enjoyable don't create additional problems,IMHO.
LOL!

Dude, it wasn't to save money. It was to enjoy the car - since we've bought it last year, this was the first time, all 3 of us sat in it together!

On my route query thread, all BHPians said ANHC would take the road. The thing is - ANHC DID take the road but it had problems on some stretches.

You'll be surprised to see the no. of 800s and Altos in UK. It's just that taking ANHC would have caused some damage on the bottom - something I wouldn't tolerate. Nevertheless, on the whole we enjoyed even the bit in the City.

Quote:
Sorry I forgot the to comment on this. Please keep the spare bolted firmly down. Take it out for filling.I have seen same design on other cars too-the santro for eg. I used to take it out and get filled. Remember to fill the spare more-about 35 psi and keep. In the unlikely event of a change,you can always reduce it-but filling by yourself may not be possible,right.
It's quite a task unbolting the tyre each time you want to check, don't you think?! Yep, tyre pressure in the spare is always on the higher side.

Quote:
BTW,Libran-check out a small travelogue on my thread and a few snaps of the UT Beauty.
Did check but got immersed in something else so couldn't comment. Will do so now.
Old 19th August 2011, 10:38   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post

since we've bought it last year, this was the first time, all 3 of us sat in it together!
Nevertheless, on the whole we enjoyed even the bit in the City.
Nice to learn this bit. Glad that you could enjoy the togetherness at least partially.Well,plenty of life and good roads ahead-why be disappointed!?

Quote:
It's quite a task unbolting the tyre each time you want to check, don't you think?!
Yes,another reason why the tyre pressure should be higher-infrequent checks.
Old 19th August 2011, 10:51   #95
Team-BHP Support

Fellas,

I pray none of us have to see the Airbags of our cars in person.

Saw a badly wounded (totalled) ANHC at Honda yesterday, thought would upload the pic of the front Airbags which were deployed.
Attached Thumbnails
My Japanese Doll : Habanero Red Honda City S-MT-img00654201108171234.jpg  

Old 20th August 2011, 17:38   #96
Team-BHP Support

Got the first mod for City : original Blackberry phone charger. Charges all the phones with the USB-charger type pin.

Cost : 590.
Attached Thumbnails
My Japanese Doll : Habanero Red Honda City S-MT-img00656201108171633.jpg  

libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2011, 18:27   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Got the first mod for City : original Blackberry phone charger. Charges all the phones with the USB-charger type pin.

Thanks for the picture. I was also looking for same. From where did you source the charger ?
Old 20th August 2011, 20:01   #98
BHPian

Hey Nishad,
Where are the outing pics???

I looked through you car pics, I must say your car looks a real beauty. From the tyre pics I feel you have over inflated tyres.
Please get then pressure checked as they will spoil your ride quality and increase the tyre noise as you complained.

BTW did you change the stock lamps as you had planned? How was the new lamp performance from your point of view??

Keep the thread buzzing.
Old 21st August 2011, 00:22   #99
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_NP View Post
Thanks for the picture. I was also looking for same. From where did you source the charger ?
You'll get the charger in most electronics or even road-side places. I bought the original BlackBerry charger since I am not very fond of non-branded items and did not want to mess around with the City.

The centre arm rest is the storage place for the charger.

PS : For the same price, you also get a multi-pin charger. I'm not sure if that's branded though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Hey Nishad,
Where are the outing pics???

I looked through you car pics, I must say your car looks a real beauty. From the tyre pics I feel you have over inflated tyres.
Please get then pressure checked as they will spoil your ride quality and increase the tyre noise as you complained.

BTW did you change the stock lamps as you had planned? How was the new lamp performance from your point of view??

Keep the thread buzzing.
Thanks man!

About the tyre pressure - nope, it was checked just the night before.

I must add - the valve of the front right tyre had to be changed, air wouldn't go in when I went for filling. The tyre guy promptly asked for it to be changed. Cost : Rs. 10.

No change in stock lamps; didn't find the time to get it done before the trip and after, felt the stock were decent enough after correct adjustment of the headlight lever.

Trip pics - will come soon, quite a task selecting from over 500 and re-sizing them!

Last edited by libranof1987 : 21st August 2011 at 00:25.
Old 21st August 2011, 22:53   #100
Team-BHP Support

After having driven the car extensively, I have felt a significant need for the following changes in the ANHC :

1) ACC : It is irritating to keep switching on/off the compressor when you start feeling hot/cold.

2) Reverse camera - must : tight parking becomes a problem with the high parcel tray height.

3) The Remote key should have a button-lock; else, there is a high possibility either of the keys, most importantly the Unlock key might be pressed while in your pocket.
Old 21st August 2011, 23:04   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987

Congratulations buddy!
Btw the BB laptop cable charges the phone when connected to the USB port of my swift (Sony).
If the password is disabled then my stereo recognizes the card and plays song too!

Think it would work for you too on the ANHC stereo!
Old 21st August 2011, 23:49   #102
Team-BHP Support

^^ Probably.

But the cable that works for BB some times doesn't work for HTC/Samsung when it comes to Data transfer. So, thought would just buy the BB Charger.
Old 23rd August 2011, 15:26   #103
Team-BHP Support

Fellas, remember some ANHC owner (not sure given the amount of new ownership reports!) complaining that he couldn't engage the 1st gear easily if the car was in motion, I found that out in my car too. The gear does engage if the car is moving but not that easily.

Any solution?
Old 23rd August 2011, 15:55   #104
BHPian

Nishad: I had confirmed this issue with me too.
Later after some research found out it was due to gear synchroniser. I guess it only allows to engage smoothly at eligible speeds.
I never felt is as issue because I never noticed it till I tried to reproduce it a bit higher than eligible speeds.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2381365

Also check below quote from dhanushs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
AFAIK, 1st gear should be engaged only when the vehicle is a standstill. Its bad for the synchronizer if you try engaging it at speeds.
Old 23rd August 2011, 16:04   #105
Team-BHP Support

^^ Thanks!

It is not an issue for me actually; I don't generally engage the 1st or reverse unless the car is in motion. Since this topic was discussed, I thought I'd check it in my ANHC as well.

Not sure how but in my Corsa, the 1st gear comes on effortlessly at any speed; never tried it beyond 40 km/hr though nor I did release the clutch.

Btw, remember one of the pics from my photoshoot with the faded wiper and the panel in between the windshield and bonnet, I showed it to the parts manager at Peal Honda; he's clicked pictures of them and has sent them to his supervisor for approval. Once approved, they will be replaced.

Most Viewed