Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2011, 15:18   #106
Team-BHP Support

re: My Japanese Doll : Habanero Red Honda City S-MT

ANHC Fun-fact: Idling with A/c on at blower 1 speed for 5min reduces the DTE by 1km.
Old 25th August 2011, 16:48   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Thanks!

The gear lock came along with the car; it is "Blackcat" brand. My folks don't remember the price of it; it was adjusted with the price of the car itself; no separate entry.

The gear lock is sleek. I called up courtesy Honda to ask about the Blackcat brand, but he didn't have one. I guess I'll settle for any pin type lock that he offers. thanks.
Old 25th August 2011, 20:12   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Some niche points :

What are those 2 for?

Attachment 593129

What is that for?

Attachment 593130

This is how the tyre is bolted in the boot : disadvantage - you cannot fill air

Attachment 593140

This is how you'll have to keep if you want the tyre handy : disadvantage - the tyre cannot be bolted; the whole thing will rattle when you cross a bump.

Attachment 593139

We need to figure out a solution for this tyre thing! Either we unbolt the tyre each time we want to fill air or find a way to bolt it in the reverse placement.
Libran,
The 2 switch points are for additional electrical options such as Fog lights etc.,
This provision is there in many cars including Wagon R that I own
The small speaker you see is for the alarm sounded through the ECU for various faults such as head lights on, key not removed etc.,
I notice that you have bought the same model and color of ANHC as me and almost at the same time.
Hope you have read my ownership report though it is not as exhaustive as yours.
Recently I have updated my ownership thread and you may go through.
Regarding the spare wheel, I will check my car tomorrow and update.
I have switched to Honda OEM alloys including the spare wheel from day 1.
The horn problem is a common suffering for all owners and many have simply changed over.
Have you noticed that the boot does not have any padding or covering the metal (just bare painted metal).
Extremely cheap for Honda

HC

Last edited by Habanero City : 25th August 2011 at 20:32.
Habanero City is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2011, 09:53   #109
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
Libran,
The 2 switch points are for additional electrical options such as Fog lights etc.,
But wouldn't the switch for fog lights be on the indicator stalk itself?

Quote:
The small speaker you see is for the alarm sounded through the ECU for various faults such as head lights on, key not removed etc.,
Ah, figured that out a few days ago! Convenient indeed.

Quote:
Recently I have updated my ownership thread and you may go through.
Did follow it some time back; will do so now.

Quote:
Regarding the spare wheel, I will check my car tomorrow and update.
Please rack your brains and advice a solution. The configuration is either noisy or inconvenient!

Quote:
The horn problem is a common suffering for all owners and many have simply changed over.
I remember a Pune member's thread in which he simply asked Honda to replace it. Pearl Honda (my dealer) REFUSED to do it. They simply "fastened" the horn better.

The moment I stepped out of the showroom, the horn was back to it's moody best. It is really pissing me off. I think I'll shoot a mail to Honda in a day or two.

This is not the 1st time Pearl Honda is taking me for a ride. Guess they need Honda to whip them in the rear every once a while.

Quote:
Have you noticed that the boot does not have any padding or covering the metal (just bare painted metal).
[/quote]

It is without cheap; I thought of taking a pic of that too but did not find it worth the trouble. IIRC, Civic has the same thing too.

Wonder what they achieve thru' that.
Old 26th August 2011, 10:21   #110
BHPian

Libran,
I checked the spare wheel at the boot of my car.
I found the wheel fixed with the bolt and facing down.
BUT when I checked the mouth for the tire, I found that there is sufficient gap between the mouth and the boot floor so that the air filling nozzle can be fixed to the mouth without lifting the wheel.
Please check if this is possible with you.
You may have to rotate the position of the wheel to a suitable position so that you can get the sufficient space.
I don't see any point is getting the horn getting replaced by Honda, because the replaced one too will be like this sooner or later.
I guess Honda has some strange policy when it comes to horn (citing noise pollution).
The plastics as well as the wiper blades are also of poor quality and have posted some pictures on my thread.
If the fog lights can be wired through the indicator stalk (just like VMT), then the switch sockets can be used for any other electrical modification.
This is only an additional provision for future requirements.

HC

Last edited by Habanero City : 26th August 2011 at 10:23.
Habanero City is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2011, 17:32   #111
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
BUT when I checked the mouth for the tire, I found that there is sufficient gap between the mouth and the boot floor so that the air filling nozzle can be fixed to the mouth without lifting the wheel.
Could you attach a pic? I didn't find a convenient way.

Quote:
I don't see any point is getting the horn getting replaced by Honda, because the replaced one too will be like this sooner or later.
I guess Honda has some strange policy when it comes to horn (citing noise pollution).
I know of some owners who had the horn replaced and has been working fine. I think the initial batches had a problem.

About they being anti-noise pollution, I was told that the ANHC has a dual-tone horn. Once you press the horn, both the horns come on. If you press it for longer than 3 sec, one horn turns off.

Don't think Honda got the electricals right though!

Quote:
The plastics as well as the wiper blades are also of poor quality and have posted some pictures on my thread.
Ask your SA to take pictures of the faded parts and send it to Honda for approval; once approved, the parts will be replaced free-of-cost.
Old 1st September 2011, 21:29   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks!

The gear lock came along with the car; it is "Blackcat" brand. My folks don't remember the price of it; it was adjusted with the price of the car itself; no separate entry.
Thanks for the tip libran. It turned out that courtesy honda did indeed have the blackcat brand. The sales guy did not know the brand.

I got the blackcat brand gear lock fitted by the agency in my new Honda City. I also got blackcat reverse parking sensor fitted.

Honda has reduced prices but the following changes have been made on the sly
1) Standard warranty is now 2yr/40K km as opposed to 4yr/80K km earlier. The balance two years is additional warranty for which I paid approx Rs.6,000
2) Honda RoadSide Assist which used to come free earlier is now a paid service. I paid Rs.4000 for the same.
3) Gear Lock - I paid for it separately Rs.2520

Last edited by raj_srini : 1st September 2011 at 21:36.
raj_srini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2011, 22:16   #113
BHPian

I too have noticed that shifting through 1st and 2nd gears are a bit stiff at times. The other problem which is irritating me is the mirror which came with the parking sensor appears to be of very poor quality. The mirror vibrates when the car is in motion. Did you face a similar problem?
Old 1st September 2011, 23:36   #114
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_srini View Post
The mirror vibrates when the car is in motion. Did you face a similar problem?
Good you asked this question. I have Blackcat sensors fitted in my car too.

Now, as I had posted earlier, the readings on the mirror had faded completely - exactly 13 months after purchase => no warranty replacement (warranty is 12 months).

I spoke with the accessories manager at Pearl Honda who said he'll manage to get it repaired under warranty itself. Getting the Blackcat guy to come home to inspect the mirror took 5 days; there was absolutely no co-ordination between Pearl Honda, Blackcat office and the Blackcat technician. Finally after talking to them in a high pitch, the technician came and as the Pearl Honda guy had told us, we told the technician that our warranty papers are not to be found but the car is under warranty.

Alas, there is a sticker on the mirror as well on the sensors which mentions the purchase date. The Pearl Honda said he'll get it replaced nevertheless under warranty and that was his "commitment". To cut things short, the warranty didn't work out and we paid for the new mirror.

Cost : 1350.

Now, cache is, the new mirror is seemingly better quality. It shows readings much better and even shows an image of cars that are sideways (As against the earlier one which showed just distances).

So, be careful when the 12months window is about to expire.
Old 8th September 2011, 21:23   #115
Team-BHP Support

Been wanting to wonder aloud since long : how do you "pause" while you are playing the USB?

More often not during our recent trip, we stopped by to ask for directions or had to attend to calls; it was irritating to reach out to the Power button on the centre console each time. Putting on mute is fine for the radio; but if you're playing the USB, the song is still playing.

Not that the world ends without it, it is slightly inconvenient.
Old 8th September 2011, 22:17   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Been wanting to wonder aloud since long : how do you "pause" while you are playing the USB?

More often not during our recent trip, we stopped by to ask for directions or had to attend to calls; it was irritating to reach out to the Power button on the centre console each time. Putting on mute is fine for the radio; but if you're playing the USB, the song is still playing.

Not that the world ends without it, it is slightly inconvenient.
Yup, the ICE doesn’t have the pause option. I don't know what Honda saved omitting this feature/necessity.

Actually the pause feature is not even in my Wagonr's Sony CD player system. Guess pause feature is hardly available in any car or it is?
Old 8th September 2011, 22:31   #117
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Actually the pause feature is not even in my Wagonr's Sony CD player system. Guess pause feature is hardly available in any car or it is?
Generally, the pause button is bundled in on the Play button.

I have a Pioneer CD player in the Zen and a Clarion in the Corsa; both have a tiny Pause button.

They could have just built in the Play/Pause on the Volume control.
Old 8th September 2011, 23:22   #118
BHPian

There is an option to set a predefined volume level on my ICE mute button (not ANHC). Works for me.
Believe you guys should have the same rather than having to power off?
Old 8th September 2011, 23:53   #119
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.rai View Post
There is an option to set a predefined volume level on my ICE mute button (not ANHC). Works for me.
Believe you guys should have the same rather than having to power off?
Nope, Mute means no sound; no partial mute.

And anyway, I was hoping for a Pause kind of function.
Old 6th November 2011, 23:41   #120
Team-BHP Support

Been for a couple of weeks so some update :

The odometer stands at 11126 now and the car has already been places : Agra, Amritsar, Uttarakhand and now Jaipur.

What puts a smile on my face :

- the handling : very effortless! the steering is a joy to command
- the engine : responds very well to the accelerator
- the overall package : it feels good to just sit and drive around!

What does not amuse me at all :

- the GC. Just had a nasty incident on the way back from Jaipur.
- the engine noise - it's quite loud inside the cabin

Since the car has just touched 11k, I thought I'd get tyre rotation and then wheel alignment and balancing done; the roads at Uttarakhand and those in Gurgaon are very abusive!

Everything said and done, the car is a joy to drive!
Attached Thumbnails
My Japanese Doll : Habanero Red Honda City S-MT-wp_000065.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks