Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2011, 13:21   #121
BHPian

re: My Japanese Doll : Habanero Red Honda City S-MT

Just wanted to share the inputs regarding the 1st and 2nd gear shifts in the ANHC based on various posts earlier.
Had been for third free service and reminded the service advisor that I've been reporting the issue 3rd time that some times the 2nd gear offers some resistance to engage, especially when speeds hovering around 20kmph. If you release and clutch again then it engages smoothly, by this time the speed has reduced to 10-15kmph.
Even for 1st gear if the car is in stand still or just moving only then it engages otherwise there is resistance and you need to engage in 2nd only.

The Service advisor told me that this is with all ANHC and not particular to my car. He said that if the engine revs do not match then it does not switch.

However, when i asked him why same does not happen for other gears e.g 80kph@3rd gear he had no answer.

Request all AHNC owners to share their inputs on this observation.

P.S: When we turn right from a junction in first, as we complete the turn if you try to shift to 2nd it resists. However, on completing the turn shifting to 2 is easy. Issue here is I do not want to revv much in 1st before shifting.

Cheers.
Old 7th November 2011, 15:26   #122
Team-BHP Support

^^

Difficulty in engaging the 2nd? That's very rare.

I have never faced any resistance while slotting the 2nd; I have downshifted to 2nd even while ~40 km/hr. About 1st, my City is moody. At times, 1st comes on easy (while downshifting) while at times, it waits for the speeds to be very low to engage.
Old 7th November 2011, 18:40   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
^^

Difficulty in engaging the 2nd? That's very rare.

I have never faced any resistance while slotting the 2nd; I have downshifted to 2nd even while ~40 km/hr. About 1st, my City is moody. At times, 1st comes on easy (while downshifting) while at times, it waits for the speeds to be very low to engage.
When i mean difficulty it is resistance to shifting, but as you rightly said if the speed reduces then it slots very smoothly. For 2nd around 10kmph and for 1st almost stop condition.

Cheers
Old 8th January 2012, 20:11   #124
Team-BHP Support

The car went in for scheduled servicing today.

15000 kms service update :

- Engine oil was changed (mineral): Rs. 1015
- Some washer was changed worth Rs. 82

- My disappointment with my City's horn is very well-documented. This time, I'd asked my father to lodge a complaint (the 3rd time now). The problem was acknowledged and the low-tone horn was changed under PUD Warranty.

- Go thru' my post here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post2569504. Luckily, the only damage that came out of it was a broken clip and a few scratches. The clip was replaced.

- Go thru' : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2637969. The problem has been resolved.

(All you NCR fellas, please do get the a/c vents and a/c filter checked and cleaned regularly.)

- Labour : 750

- Total cost : Rs. 1847/-

Last edited by libranof1987 : 8th January 2012 at 20:13.
Old 8th January 2012, 21:33   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

- My disappointment with my City's horn is very well-documented. This time, I'd asked my father to lodge a complaint (the 3rd time now). The problem was acknowledged and the low-tone horn was changed under PUD Warranty.

- Go thru' my post here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post2569504. Luckily, the only damage that came out of it was a broken clip and a few scratches. The clip was replaced.

- Go thru' : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2637969. The problem has been resolved.

(All you NCR fellas, please do get the a/c vents and a/c filter checked and cleaned regularly.)

I guess this should be the paid service. Cost seems quite reasonable for a Honda (at least when compared with VW costs). My car has also done nearly 8300 KMs and will be due for service as soon as it reach 10,000 KM mark which should happen in next two months.

I am facing the same horn issue as yours. The low pitch unit is not sounding properly and when I called them they said that a little adjustment is required. I will make sure that they replace it under warranty as the car is just over an year old, will take warranty and service booklet with me during next service (i guess only warranty booklet is required for claiming warranty and not any other document like bill etc?).

Other than this I am also facing issue of noise from driver side power window switch set when music is played over 20 due to bass.

Have you also noticed some sort of shuddering on steering wheel while switching off the engine? Is this normal? Doesn't happen in my other two cars - i10 & WagonR.

I wonder if Honda SVC will stock the Habanero red color for touch up purposes as the color is now discontinued :(. I will procure couple of cans of touch up paint.

All City owners are also requested to switch on their AC at least every 15 days to prevent any corrosion/problems etc.

Last edited by bluevolt : 8th January 2012 at 21:36.
Old 9th January 2012, 00:05   #126
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I am facing the same horn issue as yours. The low pitch unit is not sounding properly and when I called them they said that a little adjustment is required. I will make sure that they replace it under warranty as the car is just over an year old, will take warranty and service booklet with me during next service (i guess only warranty booklet is required for claiming warranty and not any other document like bill etc?).
I complained thrice earlier and all they did was adjustment. Funnily, they replaced it this time.

But I doubt they actually did change it because -
1) they didn't take my father's signature anywhere
2) they did not ask for/check the warranty booklet

Quote:
Other than this I am also facing issue of noise from driver side power window switch set when music is played over 20 due to bass.
Could just be a loose speaker.

Quote:
Have you also noticed some sort of shuddering on steering wheel while switching off the engine? Is this normal? Doesn't happen in my other two cars - i10 & WagonR.
Not really. It's smooth otherwise.

Quote:
I wonder if Honda SVC will stock the Habanero red color for touch up purposes as the color is now discontinued :(. I will procure couple of cans of touch up paint.
Pearl Honda didn't have it in stock even earlier; wonder what happens now!

Quote:
All City owners are also requested to switch on their AC at least every 15 days to prevent any corrosion/problems etc.
That's recommended for all cars.
Old 9th January 2012, 00:14   #127
BHPian

Hey,Libran,

Nice to note your servicing was well done-esp the horn issue sorted out.

And the expenses were very reasonable too.

Good decision to stick to mineral oil.

Bluevolt- the shuddering could be slack engine foundation bolts. My i10 had it last year-sorted out.
Old 19th January 2012, 16:27   #128
Team-BHP Support

It surprised me that the Oil filter was not changed when the engine oil was replaced in the 15k kms. I checked the manual, it listed the replacement schedule for Oil filter as every 10k kms. Now, I couldn't find the service bill for the 10k kms service and was worried if it was changed at all.

I just had a word with Pearl Honda regarding it and thankfully, it has been.

A summary of the last 3 services :

15k kms : Oil change

10k kms : Oil change
Oil filter

5k kms : Oil change

All this along with the Paid service (which involved check up and wash).
Old 19th January 2012, 16:29   #129
Senior - BHPian

^^^

Can you share the labour cost of Honda A.S.S excluding the parts and consumables?
Old 27th February 2012, 09:50   #130
Team-BHP Support

Found this rather fancy bumper protector strip on a City. Wonder if it helps in any way to fulfil the main purpose. Looks good though.

The one on the front is the regular type - horizontal.
Attached Thumbnails
My Japanese Doll : Habanero Red Honda City S-MT-wp_000106.jpg  

Old 27th February 2012, 10:21   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Every service of my City costs me about Rs.4,000 to 5,000. At 15K service interval Hallmark Honda said the A/c filter needs to be changed as per Honda service policy and the same will cost about Rs.8,000.

At 20,000 kms I sent the car to Apex Honda and they gave me the same talk about A/C filter. From what I remember the bill came to about Rs.4,500.

Except for the 20K service, all services have been done at Hallmark Honda. The first two services they conveniently put synthetic oil despite being told before the second service that we wanted mineral oil.

I would also like to add that the car is registered in corporate name and is never taken by me to the ASC. Is that the reason for these service costs?
Old 27th February 2012, 10:29   #132
Team-BHP Support

^^

If they have put synthetic oil, then ~4k is a realistic figure. But then, there is another problem : synthetic oil has a replacement schedule of 1 year. So, the A.S.S. is wrong in changing the oil in both the 2nd AND 3rd free service.

How much was the bill when mineral oil was filled?

The A/c filter has a replacement schedule of 20k kms so that is a legitimate expense.

The A.S.S. is indeed inflating your bill; you need to take the car to the A.S.S. yourself henceforth. Also, it would be a good idea to refer to the service/replacement schedule of consumables in the City manual. That would give you an idea of how and when the A.S.S. took advantage.

If you have the bills for all the services so far, why don't you post them here; would help us identify the points you should be careful about.
Old 27th February 2012, 10:38   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^^

If they have put synthetic oil, then ~4k is a realistic figure. But then, there is another problem : synthetic oil has a replacement schedule of 1 year. So, the A.S.S. is wrong in changing the oil in both the 2nd AND 3rd free service.

How much was the bill when mineral oil was filled?

The A/c filter has a replacement schedule of 20k kms so that is a legitimate expense.

If you have the bills for all the services so far, why don't you post them here; would help us identify the points you should be careful about.
That was exactly my argument after the first service when they put synthetic oil but all that the dealer told my colleague was that the synthetic oil is as per Honda recommendation and for services we have to stick to the schedule given!

Synthetic oil service was roughly 5.5K while the 15K & 20K service with mineral oil cost me about 4 to 4.5K from what I remember.

I don't mind the replacement of the A/c filter if it's as per manufacturer recommendation but I want to be sure of the cost as it seems the dealers are over inflating thing's with my car & I am guessing this is because it's a corporate registered car. That was precisely the reason the car was sent to Apex Honda but they quoted the same 8K figure for the filter.
Old 27th February 2012, 10:43   #134
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
the dealer told my colleague was that the synthetic oil is as per Honda recommendation and for services we have to stick to the schedule given!
That's the dealer's insistence rather than Honda's recommendation.

Quote:
Synthetic oil service was roughly 5.5K while the 15K & 20K service with mineral oil cost me about 4 to 4.5K from what I remember.
For all my services so far, my service bill hasn't been more than ~1900.

Of course, at 20k, the air filter and a/c filter will be changed so that bill will be more.

Clearly, you have been charged for unnecessary things. Do post the service bills.

My A.S.S. once changed the engine oil within 3 months; I followed it up with Honda and the A.S.S. was asked to refund me the money for the oil. So, if we find out that the A.S.S. carried out tasks more than necessary, you could pursue it with Honda.
Old 27th February 2012, 12:27   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Of course, at 20k, the air filter and a/c filter will be changed so that bill will be more.
A/C filter has not been changed in my car yet. The 20K service cost is without the cost of A/C filter.

Dealer's have been insisting on replacement of A/C filter from the 15K service. However, your 15K service break up does not mention about he A/c Filter.

Do you know how much the filter costs? Is is really Rs.8,000?

Will try and have my accounts guy's dig out the last invoice.

Last edited by amit : 27th February 2012 at 12:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks