Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2010, 19:48   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
That is going to the other extreme. There are tens of Polos on the forum with no issues reported.
One major hindrance as it turns out is the lack of competent dealership in uvmallya's hometown.
There are quite a few Polo owners on the forum for sure. But what about those who are not on it. I know that there is one more car with a similar problem in Bangalore itself ( I do not know who the person is) and am not sure whether his problem has been rectified. Not having a competent dealership in my hometown is surely not a hindrance as far as setting right the problem is concerned. The dealer at Bangalore had the car at their workshop for quite some time in the presence of VW technicians who had the required equipment to pinpoint or identify the malfunction in the car engine. With the modern type of Analysers available today the problem should have been solved early.
Old 23rd September 2010, 20:13   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Mallya-maam,

You have been most patient and civil during this whole harrowing experience and it seems to me VW and their dealer are taking undue advantage of it. But that's just my opinion- am a bit of a hothead especially when it comes to people shortchanging me on what I (and others) are entitled to!

Your experience has shades of the Skoda A.S.S. incidents documented elsewhere, which I am sure is making others like me very nervous as well. One hopes for a successfu resolution of your problem, because frankly, bad A.S.S. would be a dealbreaker for me. I am impressed wityh the car, its pricing, the advertising & marketing, but if VW doesn't know how to fix my brand-new mean machine, that's a BIG cause for worry!
Old 23rd September 2010, 20:43   #48
Senior - BHPian

Very sorry to hear the response from VW/the dealer in rectifying the issue. We will be replacing our Indica next year and Polo Tdi is high on my list while Figo Tdci is high on my dad's. This thread is a bit of a let down for my choice.
Old 23rd September 2010, 21:31   #49
mgh
BHPian

potentially afaik, the problem could be
1. malfunctioning solenoid ( which turns glow plugs on)
2. malfunctioning temperature sensor
3. malfunctioning ECU
Don't think the first two items are expensive, there would be no hesitation on VW's part.
My reading is the ECU is the culprit, and they are unable to replace it, as they have no spare. Once they get it, they will replace it, and give you cock and bull about something else being the culprit.

I am no expert, so would be interested in knowing how it was set right finally.
Old 24th September 2010, 07:35   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh View Post
potentially afaik, the problem could be
1. malfunctioning solenoid ( which turns glow plugs on)
2. malfunctioning temperature sensor
3. malfunctioning ECU
Don't think the first two items are expensive, there would be no hesitation on VW's part.
My reading is the ECU is the culprit, and they are unable to replace it, as they have no spare. Once they get it, they will replace it, and give you cock and bull about something else being the culprit.

I am no expert, so would be interested in knowing how it was set right finally.
According to the information given by the dealer the problem was with the turbocharger which had been replaced with a new one. But the problem continues. If and when VW sets right the problem I will try to find out as to how it was set right.
Old 24th September 2010, 09:47   #51
Senior - BHPian

I guess people understand that this being your car thread, you have every right to be disappointed after paying much so much money.

What was that hoopla created by VW about quality and hence low production numbers? What does it take to detect and own up a problem? Since VW folks know about this thread, I dont know what they think.
Old 24th September 2010, 10:07   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
I guess people understand that this being your car thread, you have every right to be disappointed after paying much so much money.

What was that hoopla created by VW about quality and hence low production numbers? What does it take to detect and own up a problem? Since VW folks know about this thread, I dont know what they think.
I don't think VW can own up to the problem until they identify it. I somehow think the turboreplacement was misdiagnosed. I suggest, we hold off commenting until VW resolve this. As UVM states. VW Downtown have done their best to respond. If the car is down for more than three days, a loaner should be given. It is too early to consider a replacement car unless VW have failed 3 times to repair it successfully, one strike over and the car has spent too much time off road.

Lets wait and watch
Old 24th September 2010, 10:24   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post

I have now been receiving calls from VW officials apologising for the inconvenience caused to me because of the problem with the car. They are promising to attend to the problem and set it right at the earliest. But who is going to reimburse the expenditure incurred by me until now in taking the car to Bangalore and other related expenses? I had not been provided with a loaner car until now which was promised in the brochure of VW under facilities to customers.
Old 24th September 2010, 12:07   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I don't think VW can own up to the problem until they identify it. I somehow think the turboreplacement was misdiagnosed. I suggest, we hold off commenting until VW resolve this. As UVM states. VW Downtown have done their best to respond. If the car is down for more than three days, a loaner should be given. It is too early to consider a replacement car unless VW have failed 3 times to repair it successfully, one strike over and the car has spent too much time off road.

Lets wait and watch
It is very important for both the parties to co-operate, to arrive at a solution. End of the day, our intention is only to enjoy/get trouble-free service, from our investment.
Old 24th September 2010, 13:50   #55
BHPian

I'm not sure what there is left to say that has not already been said on this thread. uvmallya. You're mind must be going through hell. I hope they resolve your problem at the earliest. Did you connect with the high up official at VW India? There has got to be a time period set within which they need to rectify the problem with your car. While I agree with Chetan on both parties co operating, but for VW, the car is sold. For you, your hard earned money has gone buying a brand new VW that is not working as intended. How long can patience and niceities last I ask? Along with others on this forum, I will be following your thread very closely. The outcome of how VW handles this will go a long way in helping fellow members take a decison on their choice of a new car and VW's future as a leading brand in India. Good luck.
Old 24th September 2010, 14:35   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
I'm not sure what there is left to say that has not already been said on this thread. uvmallya. You're mind must be going through hell. I hope they resolve your problem at the earliest. Did you connect with the high up official at VW India? There has got to be a time period set within which they need to rectify the problem with your car. While I agree with Chetan on both parties co operating, but for VW, the car is sold. For you, your hard earned money has gone buying a brand new VW that is not working as intended. How long can patience and niceities last I ask? Along with others on this forum, I will be following your thread very closely. The outcome of how VW handles this will go a long way in helping fellow members take a decison on their choice of a new car and VW's future as a leading brand in India. Good luck.
My emails to high officials at VW regarding the complaint have not been replied. The VW person calling me from Bangalore has not been useful in any way to solve things in this matter. He takes things very casually and does not seem to understand the customers plight. He promises to collect my car on a given date, do the repairs and return it to me the next day. But on that given date nobody collects my car or even calls me to tell what is happening. It continues even on the next day when I do not hear from him in this matter and I have to myself call the dealer to ask what is happening. The dealer was taken by surprise and was totally unaware of the call made to me by the VW person. It appears that there is a communication gap between VW and the dealership. Today I have received a call from VW Mumbai assuring me of setting right the problem at the earliest possible time. Let me wait till this weekend and see if things really start moving.
Old 24th September 2010, 14:51   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvmallya View Post
Today I have received a call from VW Mumbai assuring me of setting right the problem at the earliest possible time. Let me wait till this weekend and see if things really start moving.
If you think that meeting the person who called you from VW Mumbai would make a difference, I'd be more than happy to help out and go to their office.
Old 24th September 2010, 15:11   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvmallya View Post
My emails to high officials at VW regarding the complaint have not been replied. The VW person calling me from Bangalore has not been useful in any way to solve things in this matter. He takes things very casually and does not seem to understand the customers plight. He promises to collect my car on a given date, do the repairs and return it to me the next day. But on that given date nobody collects my car or even calls me to tell what is happening. It continues even on the next day when I do not hear from him in this matter and I have to myself call the dealer to ask what is happening. The dealer was taken by surprise and was totally unaware of the call made to me by the VW person. It appears that there is a communication gap between VW and the dealership. Today I have received a call from VW Mumbai assuring me of setting right the problem at the earliest possible time. Let me wait till this weekend and see if things really start moving.
uvmallya - I was thinking - All these guys who call you, are they really associated with VW? Or is this just a hoax call? How to find out?

Corresponding through e-mail is better, I suppose. I can't understand why companies like VW, should go back on their words?

I am beginning to feel that the Dealer should not be side-lined.

Last edited by Chethan B G : 24th September 2010 at 15:21.
Old 24th September 2010, 16:14   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
If you think that meeting the person who called you from VW Mumbai would make a difference, I'd be more than happy to help out and go to their office.
I am not sure about that. She has promised to call me back on Tuesday 28th September and inform me as to whether my car could be repaired at Mangalore or it has to be taken to Bangalore once again. I would prefer to wait till this deadline is met with. Thanks a lot for offering to help me out by going to their office if required. I greatly appreciate this kind gesture of yours.
Old 24th September 2010, 16:20   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
uvmallya - I was thinking - All these guys who call you, are they really associated with VW? Or is this just a hoax call? How to find out?

Corresponding through e-mail is better, I suppose. I can't understand why companies like VW, should go back on their words?

I am beginning to feel that the Dealer should not be side-lined.
I am in constant touch with the dealership in this matter and have verified the authenticity of the people calling me. Emails have had little effect on a company like VW. To me the dealer is more important in this matter because I can see them personally when I meet them or even talk to them over phone as I have their numbers. There is no question of my side-lining the dealer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks