Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2010, 18:59   #61
BHPian

Apart from the glow plug light flashing while running the car there is another light which refuses to go off when the engine is started. This is the engine check light. It behaves very erratically and goes off sometimes and stays put on other occasions. Even this problem has been brought to the notice of the personnel at Downtown Volkswagen workshop at Bangalore.
Old 27th September 2010, 11:50   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvmallya View Post
Apart from the glow plug light flashing while running the car there is another light which refuses to go off when the engine is started. This is the engine check light. It behaves very erratically and goes off sometimes and stays put on other occasions. Even this problem has been brought to the notice of the personnel at Downtown Volkswagen workshop at Bangalore.
As per other VW TDI owners worldwide, the ECM is wired such that it is required to get the brake lamp signal in order for the turbo to activate. If possible, ask them specifically to check the brake lamp switch and its setting, brake lamp & brake fuses though I am sure they are already aware of this and must have checked it.
Old 27th September 2010, 12:01   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
As per other VW TDI owners worldwide, the ECM is wired such that it is required to get the brake lamp signal in order for the turbo to activate. If possible, ask them specifically to check the brake lamp switch and its setting, brake lamp & brake fuses though I am sure they are already aware of this and must have checked it.
Thanks for the suggestion. I had mentioned about this to the people at VW dealer's workshop in Bangalore when the car was kept there for inspection/repairs. I am sure that they would have checked this aspect too but did not mention about it to me. I am taking a final decision in the next couple of days as to whether my car would be set right by VW within a notified time frame and I would be compensated for all the hardship I have been facing since taking delivery of the new car. If not, then I will have to take the only other course available to me.
Old 27th September 2010, 22:20   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion. I had mentioned about this to the people at VW dealer's workshop in Bangalore when the car was kept there for inspection/repairs. I am sure that they would have checked this aspect too but did not mention about it to me. I am taking a final decision in the next couple of days as to whether my car would be set right by VW within a notified time frame and I would be compensated for all the hardship I have been facing since taking delivery of the new car. If not, then I will have to take the only other course available to me.
Hey uvmallya, you bought the car in last week of May end so it is roughly 4 months and you haven't enjoyed the car and VW haven't sorted the issue yet !! This doesn't look good at all, I suggest you start putting lot of pressure on the dealer & VW. Also on the Vento thread it was said that VW top people were in the city for official launch of Vento 2 days back, try to meet them face to face or find out when are they in town again if possible.
All the best and as VW is watching this thread, I assume, then for them - I thought you would be quite serious with A.S.S. as Polo & Vento seem to be making a positive buzz so far don't spoil it as bad word certainly spreads faster
Old 28th September 2010, 07:45   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfanatic007 View Post
Hey uvmallya, you bought the car in last week of May end so it is roughly 4 months and you haven't enjoyed the car and VW haven't sorted the issue yet !! This doesn't look good at all, I suggest you start putting lot of pressure on the dealer & VW. Also on the Vento thread it was said that VW top people were in the city for official launch of Vento 2 days back, try to meet them face to face or find out when are they in town again if possible.
All the best and as VW is watching this thread, I assume, then for them - I thought you would be quite serious with A.S.S. as Polo & Vento seem to be making a positive buzz so far don't spoil it as bad word certainly spreads faster
Pressure has been put on the dealership to rectify the problem with the car and they have had their limitations. VW India has been contacted by emails and now they are talking to me over telephone to resolve the matter. If the problem is rectified and the matter resolved to my satisfaction I would very much appreciate VW's A.S.S. I could not meet VW top people as I live in Mangalore and was not in Bangalore when they came there. Even with all the problems faced by me with regards to my car, I am still an ardent VW fan and would like to wish VW all the best for sales of Vento/Polo.
Old 28th September 2010, 17:09   #66
BHPian

Quote:
...She has promised to call me back on Tuesday 28th September and inform me as to whether my car could be repaired at Mangalore or it has to be taken to Bangalore once again....
Hello UV. Any update from the VW office in Mumbai today? Hope you made some progress on the issue today.
Old 28th September 2010, 17:31   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
Hello UV. Any update from the VW office in Mumbai today? Hope you made some progress on the issue today.
Yes please, I did get a call yesterday and had a lengthy discussion in the matter. I have been assured of the problem being set right at my convenience and would have to take the car to Bangalore. So far all assurances have been made over phone and the earlier ones had not been kept up. I have asked this person to send me the assurance in writing this time and am looking forward to receiving it.
Old 28th September 2010, 18:09   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
.... all assurances have been made over phone and the earlier ones had not been kept up. I have asked this person to send me the assurance in writing this time and am looking forward to receiving it.
A step in the right direction. Wishing that they keep up to their assurances and you get to enjoy your car by getting the issue fixed at the earliest.
Old 28th September 2010, 18:15   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Yes please, I did get a call yesterday and had a lengthy discussion in the matter. I have been assured of the problem being set right at my convenience and would have to take the car to Bangalore. So far all assurances have been made over phone and the earlier ones had not been kept up. I have asked this person to send me the assurance in writing this time and am looking forward to receiving it.
At least this is a start. Now let's hope they put their money where their mouth is and get this solved for you for keeps.
Old 28th September 2010, 18:28   #70
Senior - BHPian

hey man, I am really sad to see your experience so far! Kind of baffles me to understand why resolving the issue will take such a long time!

You have been extremely patient during this entire process. I am sure that I would have lost my patience a lot earlier! While patience is a great virtue in several occasions, I feel some bit of aggression and shouting does help in scenarios like this - this is what my personal experience tells me!

Best of luck and hope for a resolution at the earliest!
Old 28th September 2010, 20:44   #71
BHPian

@abhinav.s @NevGin@adimicra - There has been progress in this matter today evening and assurances of solving the problem has from VW through the dealer. I have to now get in touch with the dealer in Bangalore to proceed in the matter. Since the dealer has been very co-operative in this regard all along I feel the matter should be resolved in the next couple of weeks.
Old 29th September 2010, 17:59   #72
BHPian

Quote:
...I feel the matter should be resolved in the next couple of weeks...
Very good news. Do keep posting as and when you have updates. I hope they also let you know the true cause of the problem.
Old 29th September 2010, 18:15   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Yes please, I did get a call yesterday and had a lengthy discussion in the matter. I have been assured of the problem being set right at my convenience and would have to take the car to Bangalore.
I feel the matter should be resolved in the next couple of weeks.
But have they diagnosed the problem is the question ? During the discussions have they explained to you what they think has gone wrong and what is their further plan of action?

by the way : did they try changing the ECU itself ?
Old 29th September 2010, 19:35   #74
Senior - BHPian

Nice to know that they have committed to resolve the issue this time round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
But have they diagnosed the problem is the question ?
Good point to note. Coz they have been telling you that they will resolve it previously as well. Unless they know what is wrong they will fail to meet your expectations again.
Old 29th September 2010, 21:01   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
But have they diagnosed the problem is the question ? During the discussions have they explained to you what they think has gone wrong and what is their further plan of action?

by the way : did they try changing the ECU itself ?
Till now they have not told me as to what they are going to do to solve the problem. They have just said that they will require a days time to set the problem right. They seemed to have worked out the problem on a demo car and hence are confident about doing the same on my car. Since I have prior commitments it wont be before 3rd week of October that I would be taking my car to the Bangalore dealers workshop. So until then there would be no progress in the matter.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks