Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2010, 01:53   #1
BHPian

Our "Preworshipped" Civic

May 2004: Had just landed after a five month stint at Sea and dream car to buy was Honda City. However all the dreams were dashed because of long wait due launch of New honda City and we settled for a Wagon - R.

Apr 2008: Attempt to leave behind Sea for good and started my MBA (Well technically PGP).

May 2009:Finally became a landlubber and settled at Hyderabad!

Sep 2009: Decided to upgrade from Wagon - R to SX4. However after a crappy incident at GEMS, Kondapur, we came across the Toyota Showroom and I told my wife "arre Toyota has recently launched Altis, dekh lete hain". As we test drove the vehcile, my ceiling of Rs. 8 Lakh car just vapourised. SX4, Linea etc moved away from our radar and Civic was ruled out (!) due higher cost (as compared to Altis) and GC factors.

Between Harsha and RK Motors, latter gave a great service and also better offer. Finally we settled for a Silver Altis. Since the car was in stock, I didn't have to pay any booking ammount and decided to take delivery as soon as my loan was approved.

My kids were the most excited of all. Finally the D day arrived and I booked a cab to arrive at 17:00 hrs. Murphy's suddenly raised his ugly head as an urgent meeting cropped up at the last moment. Meanwhile the cab driver called up that he has arrived.

In a casual conversation at the end of meeting (@17:00) I mentioned that I am going to pick up my new car now. My boss sized me up and cooly mentioned "Can you postpone your purchase for a few weeks as a car policy (for lease) is on anvil and you can have substantial tax savings!"

I just went into a tailspin. Immediate gratification vs long term benefits? Amongst all, kids were the most difficult to be convinced about the delay! And what a delay it turned out to be: Sep'09 to Aug'10!
Old 22nd September 2010, 08:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi Sailor,

Welcome to world of eternal confusion. Even I have been interacting with Mr Murphy and his laws seem to apply everytime whenever I didn't need him.

Your title says Civic, your post says Altis. Gosh are we confused? You man to say you postponed the idea of getting a car for one year for the lease scheme from your office. Would it not have been possible to get the benefits later. Keep it coming, this is going to be one hell of interesting thread.
Old 22nd September 2010, 11:35   #3
Senior - BHPian

Whoa there sailor! Got a out of sea sickness?

Where's the Civic? Your message just talks about the Altis, perhaps this is the prelude to the main article. Picture abhi baaki hai dost ...

Cheers and congrats for yet another preowned Civic here on T-BHP.
Old 22nd September 2010, 12:15   #4
Senior - BHPian

Come on Sailor, tell us the whole story without interruption :-). New Altis to perworshipped Civic!! So we expect lots of twists and turns in the story!!
Old 22nd September 2010, 14:50   #5
BHPian

Thanks @ghodlur, @Hiren and @Latheesh!

I had a very fuzzy feeling for next few days! Surprisingly,a sense of emptiness along with a sense of relief prevailed. Looking back it seemed our decision was very hasty and it seems as if we were like a person on rebound... will fall for anything. Subconsciously we had anchored our purchase to our upcoming trip to Ooty. Despite the setback, we went on our planned road trip to Ooty
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ble-india.html

Once back I came to know of Team-bhp and started to devour all the amazing information here. I could see the power of "wisdom of crowds". However during this period, after the vacation, got very busy with office and come December we were in Lucknow due some tragedy. By this time, though Altis is a very very competent car, it just lost our attention

Meanwhile car policy remained on the anvil and some thing or the other kept me occupied. Positive feedback on Cedia and the new diesel rocket excited me. Test drove both. Cedia was the most amazing testdrive. Was able to take her to 180 quite easily on the ORR. GPS, Momo steering wheel and lots of bells and whistle quite tempted me. Then came an offer of 10.9 L from Raima motors with a tight deadline of 3 days. However somewhere I was not so convinced, I guess we did not liked rear of the car! So I turned down the offer.

NOTE FROM TEAM-BHP SUPPORT
TEAM-BHP TAKES A VERY STRONG STAND AGAINST SPEEDING.
PLEASE TAKE CARE AND ALWAYS DRIVE SAFE.

Last edited by bblost : 22nd September 2010 at 16:37. Reason: check the post. Thanks.
Old 22nd September 2010, 15:06   #6
BHPian

Congratulations for your pre-worshipped Civic
The story is nicely put up Keep it coming Sailor I am definitely loving it. I wonder if sales person himself had driven it with 210 on speedo.
Old 22nd September 2010, 15:20   #7
Senior - BHPian

One more pre-worshipped Civic! Congrats Sailor. Why do u want us to wait, please give us the entire story and pics.
Old 22nd September 2010, 15:24   #8
BHPian

can't wait for the civic part to come in
Nicely put up story
Old 23rd September 2010, 11:08   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations on the car! Please note that Team-BHP does not permit booking / buying experience threads in the Test-Drives section anymore. For the benefit of members & guests alike, it is now imperative to include a complete report on the car (the driving experience / comfort / features, what you like, what you don't like etc.).

This thread is temporarily closed. Please PM me or report this post once you are ready to update with a complete driving report; that's when it shall be re-opened. Thanks for your support.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed