Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2010, 10:43   #16
Senior - BHPian

ICE fitted and accesories details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
That's a typo I'm sure.
Thanks Hari for your wishes. Yes, 4th september is indeed typo, it is actually 4th October.

ICE details

On 27th I went to EVO at Cambridge layout and ICE got installed. Initially I wanted to go on Sunday for ICE job but I got late callback from Satya that EVO is open on Sunday. In evening I had booked movie tickets.

My requirement of ICE were

1. Clarity in sound
2. Reasonable bass
3. Good quality speakers.

I went to Satya and informed him my priorities and budget. He made four configurations for me and asked me to select one of them. I went with his second configuration. I wanted to install DVD player in Safari, but later I backed off with reason for not much good quality sound.

My ICE details are

1. Pioneer 5250 SD Headunit
2. MB-Quart 6X9 speakers at back in custom made box.
3. Hifonics-Zeus components on front door.

Satya arranged beige colored custom box for me as interior of Safari is beige. It is now mixed with interior color.

Installation was neat with all proper cables and harness of Safari. I went to EVO around 7PM after office hours and installation complete by 10:45 PM at night.

Installation was good and 6X9 MB-Quart producing enough bass for my liking. Components has good clarity upto my liking.

I will post pictures of my ICE in a day or two.

Accessories and changes Details

Already installed

1. Garware Sunfilm (freebies from KHT)
2. Mats and Mudflaps (freebies from KHT). I want to change it in near future.
3. Reverse parking sensors. (4 at the back)

Planning to install

1. Front OEM fog lamps
2. Rear fog lamps
3. Front windscreen film
4. Seat covers (As of now fabric one only)
5. Seat organizer
6. Good quality digital clock
7. Good quality perfume (My wife is allergic to wonderful car smell )

Modifications

1. Phillips Extreme Power bulbs.
2. Arctic silver cladding painting. Deal already done. I am planning to give Safari on next Monday - 4/10/2010 (Once paints and required materials available at KHT)

Future plan

1. Stanley leather seat covers
2. Alloys
3. Beige color transparent mats
4. Gear lock (Since no immobilizer present)
5. Keyless entry.

This would be my final configuration of Safari for mile munching. I am eagerly waiting for my first service to complete and then I will be off for long drive.

Last edited by anujmishra : 30th September 2010 at 10:55.
Old 30th September 2010, 11:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

A note of thanks for fellow T-BHPian members

Following members from Team-BHP directly indirectly shape up my decision for Safari LX

1. amitk26: I had almost 1 - 1.5 hour discussion about LX with Amit and he patiently replied all my queries regarding LX. Many thanks to you Amit.

2. adc: His travelogues and Safari LX in Cycus Grey influenced me most.

3. tsk1979: Tanveer relentlessly updating his Safari thread and it is huge informative thread for all Safari buyers.

4. PAVAN KADAM: He is avid supporter of Safari and I like his spirit very much. His thread of Safari Pics is great inspiration. Thanks Pavan keep it up.

5. LukeSkyWalker: He has Optra and other cars still he went to Safari out of his passion.

Many other members with Safari in Team-BHP who relentlessly updates about his Safari details in forum.
Old 1st October 2010, 01:04   #18
BHPian

Anuj,
How many speakers altogether? and what was the total cost for ICE?

and waiting for pics
Old 1st October 2010, 14:22   #19
BHPian

Hi Anuj

Mighty congratulations on the new Safari. Wish you many many pleasant kilometers on the road. Drive safe.

I too booked a Mountain Green LX on Sept 18th, but dealer (Hosur) came back after a week that Mountain Green not available, then I chose Cycus Grey. But looks like the dealer is still having trouble sourcing Cycus Grey also and is yet to get one shipped from pune plant. Keeping my fingers crossed. (This is the trouble with small dealers, they cannot get what you want quickly).

I am very keen to see how the paint job on your LX is going to be completed, based on which I plan to get my upcoming LX cladding painted too. Please keep this thread updated with pics once the paint job is completed.

By the way, are they going to remove the cladding and do paint work, or they are going to cover the main body and paint only the cladding fitted as it is?

Please update cost on ICE too. Did you install seat covers? I have a feeling seat covers are not required...

Good luck and happy driving once again.
Old 1st October 2010, 20:40   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verditer View Post
Hi Anuj

Mighty congratulations on the new Safari. Wish you many many pleasant kilometers on the road. Drive safe.

I too booked a Mountain Green LX on Sept 18th, but dealer (Hosur) came back after a week that Mountain Green not available, then I chose Cycus Grey. But looks like the dealer is still having trouble sourcing Cycus Grey also and is yet to get one shipped from pune plant. Keeping my fingers crossed. (This is the trouble with small dealers, they cannot get what you want quickly).

I am very keen to see how the paint job on your LX is going to be completed, based on which I plan to get my upcoming LX cladding painted too. Please keep this thread updated with pics once the paint job is completed.

By the way, are they going to remove the cladding and do paint work, or they are going to cover the main body and paint only the cladding fitted as it is?

Please update cost on ICE too. Did you install seat covers? I have a feeling seat covers are not required...
Thanks verditer. LX in Mountain Green seems discontinued. They can procure only when 100% payment made in advance. This is as per KHT Motors. I feel Cycus Grey should not be problem for them to source.

I am going to give cladding painting on coming Monday and by Wednesday they fill finish. For painting they have to remove the cladding and bumper and after painting they will re-fit with new clips. I am going for Arctic Silver painting. Please wait till Thursday (07th October, 2010), I will show you Safari personally near Whitefield area.

ICE approximately costed me 20K. It all depends upon you choice of speakers and head-unit.

Tomorrow I will update with pics of my interior and ICE. Today, I was little busy so could not take pics.

I am not going for seat covers as of now but soon I will fit. I am yet not decided whether go for fabric or stanley leather.

HeadLights Upgrade

Today I went to JC road in Bangalore and bought Philips Extreme Power headlight bulb for Safari. I fit it myself and went for short test drive around 8 PM. Illumination improved a lot compared normal PHILIPS stock bulb and now I feel it is enough for night driving too.

I was not interested of 90/100 setup in Safari as it needs to make a hole in backside cap of headlight assembly. However, I have 90/100 setup in my 800 for last 2.5 years.

Total cost of bulb is Rs. 850.00 from AK Traders, JC Road.

One observation: Extra pair of headlight bulb which was given to me at the time of delivery is of AutoPal company. But in headlight there was PHILIPS brand. Why TATA mix and match bulbs too?
Old 1st October 2010, 23:22   #21
BHPian

Were you at EVO today (Fri) at around 7pm?. I saw a safari there - colour same as yours. Btw, I live very near the Evo @ CL
Old 2nd October 2010, 12:37   #22
Senior - BHPian

Some new Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
Were you at EVO today (Fri) at around 7pm?. I saw a safari there - colour same as yours. Btw, I live very near the Evo @ CL
No I wasn't. I was at EVO on Monday last week.

Some new clicks of today.
Attachment 433186

Attachment 433187

Attachment 433188

Attachment 433189

Last edited by anujmishra : 2nd October 2010 at 12:40.
Old 2nd October 2010, 12:43   #23
BHPian

Hi anuj. Congrats on your new buy. Happy motoring.

Last edited by rki2007 : 2nd October 2010 at 12:55. Reason: spelling mistakes
Old 2nd October 2010, 19:25   #24
BHPian

Hah, so you booked after me and got before me!! Congrats and Happy mile munching.

Mine has come to showroom. Did PDI and found it ok. Sounds like yours also went fine.
Old 2nd October 2010, 22:23   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Hi anuj. Congrats on your new buy. Happy motoring.
Thanks rki2007.

Quote:
Originally Posted by druva View Post
Hah, so you booked after me and got before me!! Congrats and Happy mile munching.

Mine has come to showroom. Did PDI and found it ok. Sounds like yours also went fine.
For me it took 13 days to delivery after booking. 10th September I booked got on 23rd September. I have checked car at Service Station for only visual damage to outside and found its OK. I feel it is very difficult to do comprehensive PDI and there is negligible chance to find if there is fault inside. It is better to keep faith in your luck and Best of Luck.
Old 3rd October 2010, 00:13   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Anuj on your Safari ! Safari has been my dream car since it was launched [10 years?]. I am sure to buy one for myself - but only in a couple of years as I settled for my swift 2 years back because of Vit M ! So may be I will own the new gen Safari once it launches. I love the looks of current Safari and I hope the next Gen also will be this appealing or even better ! Yeah, we would like to see some interior pics and also waiting for the new paint on cladding as well.

By the way any particular reason why KHT was preferred over Concorde?
Old 3rd October 2010, 08:26   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
By the way any particular reason why KHT was preferred over Concorde?
Thanks swiftnfurious, KHT is very nearby from my home and it is giving best offer than other two.

I am day by day indulging in Safari and difference with 800 ride quality is very prominent. Now, my wife does not feel tired even after 2 - 3 hours of city ride. Safari rocks.

The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0517-medium.jpg

The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0518-medium.jpg

The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0519-medium.jpg

The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0521-medium.jpg
Old 3rd October 2010, 08:59   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
...I was not interested of 90/100 setup in Safari as it needs to make a hole in backside cap of headlight assembly...
No, you don't have to. You can pass the wiring thru the rubber seal of the parking lamps and pull them into the headlight well. Will take some yoga postures and patience to get it right, but definitely worth it. And you end up cutting only the relay's wiring and absolutely none of the stock wires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
...I am day by day indulging in Safari and difference with 800 ride quality is very prominent...
Having gone thru the same transition (Alto - Safari) I understand how you feel. The best has been the respect from the unruly traffic!
Old 3rd October 2010, 11:05   #29
Senior - BHPian

Some interior pics of my Safari

Interior pics & ICE install pics. I want to get rid of those black rubbery mats asap.

Please check I am using DX PND with Satnav map and it is working fine for normal road travelling. I checked the roads for some 1000 KMs destination and it is showing good high speed roads for navigation.

The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0318-medium.jpg

The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0319-medium.jpg

The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0313-medium.jpg

The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0316-medium.jpg

The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0315-medium.jpg

The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0317-medium.jpg

The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0314-medium.jpg
Old 4th October 2010, 16:22   #30
Senior - BHPian

Given for cladding painting

Today I gave Safari for cladding painting. I am going for arctic silver cladding paining. One more reason going for sliver is it is not very prone for scratches. suman's Safari is living example. I will get back my car on Wednesday.

After finishing painting it should look like below car except alloys. Below photographs are sourced from Team-BHP only.

The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-p1010586.jpg

The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-p1010576.jpg

Most Viewed