Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2010, 11:41   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
Am I getting a decent FE? My ccar is just 500 km old.
Of course. Fiat cars are known to improve with time. It is just 500Km young but already you clocked close to the ARAI figures.

It will go on improving till 5000km as per owners' reviews.

Edit- Yesterday, I was too tired from work and didn't notice.
So you mean that now, what you did was that you brought them in position 0 (most dipped) and then aligned the old headlamp as per the position of new headlamp?

It means that now in position 0, the headlamps are focusing at a height that used to be what we have if we have them at position 3 by default.

Now, you will have a still higher beam when you turn them to position 3?

Your post quoted below:
Quote:
But I found out in the morning today(when it was dark at 5am), that the new headlight was looking far lower than the old one, and both of them had a clear angle difference of 3 positions. Now I realised it should have been the other way round, I should have set the beam settings to 3 and then fit the stock new headlights. As 3 is the most dipped position. Anyways, I realised this and myself tried to rectify this mistake.

What I did is, I put the headlight level to 0, both the headlights.

Now, with headlight switched on, and the lower angled reflector disconnected, I now brought the position of the old one to 3.

And plugged in the new one, now both were at same angle and synced up together. This was very essential as I was going to drive back in dark highways.

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 1st November 2010 at 11:54.
Old 1st November 2010, 12:13   #62
Senior - BHPian

I typed a very long post while editing the above post but 20minutes were already up. I lost all the data I had typed.

@Arpan- Shouldn't you adjust the new headlight with respect to the old one?

Now what I gather from your post is that you adjusted the old one acc. to the new one's position.

This means that now, in position 0 (farthest pointing beam), your headlamps will focus at a point where your default headlamps would have pointed if they were in position 3 (most dipped).

This means that now, the farthermost distance which the low beam can projected in your car has reduced.
Kindly correct me if I'm wrong.

In city driving, low beam is mandatory. I keep low beam in the farthest most position (position 0). Still I find it hard not to use the high beam in certain areas where illumination is not proper or where there are chances of someone appearing in the middle of the road out of nowhere.

Even Fiat gives position 0 as the default. Position 1, 2 and 3 are meant to be used according to the luggage/ weight at the rear of the car.
Old 1st November 2010, 14:12   #63
BHPian

@paddleshifter:
What I meant is, I had positioned the new one(with lower angle) to its highest. Hence the original one also came to its highest position, which is the actual lowest position which should be, on the new one. Now I disconnected the new one, and brought down the original one, to its lowest i.e. 3. Now, both are at same level i.e. 3. Now with both connected and synced, they are levelled. Now, 3 is the most dipped for both headlights, and 0 is the most levelled postion for both of them. Maybe I had written it wrongly on my post previously as I too was tired because of the 350 + kms done. This being the 1st time I drove more than 100 kms in a day.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks