Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2010, 15:47   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Anywhere it is written in the manual so that I can paste it on his face?
SA at a dealership in our city refused to agree that there are Rear AC vents in Punto at all.
Trust me, they work in both model (hot and cool air).
Manual says, "They are more effective in heater mode" because hot air rises upwards.
Old 10th November 2010, 17:17   #92
BHPian

Recently I have noticed that the rubber beading of the side windows causing problem. If I keep the car in rain and then let it dry some kind of black coating is found on body.(Ash like)I thought it is due to some dust and when I rubbed the rubber part with I white cloth I found dark stains which is not happening in my Alto which is also parked along side. Does any one observed this?. Also I have a query regarding the front wind screen. I found there is a gap between glass and metal body. But in other cars there is a rubber beading to cover it.
Old 10th November 2010, 17:41   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk2009 View Post
Also I have a query regarding the front wind screen. I found there is a gap between glass and metal body. But in other cars there is a rubber beading to cover it.
It is because of the design. Even the rear windscreen is the same. They wanted to give more emphasis to the design (Italian genes after all).
But do not worry. As water etc will not enter through it.

Regarding the rubber beading on the side, I guess it is not of good quality. Typical TATA quality rubber. Fiat had to cut cost in a few areas to keep this car prices under check despite the features offered and good quality sheet metal used for the bodyshell.

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 10th November 2010 at 17:42. Reason: typo
Old 12th November 2010, 14:46   #94
BHPian

Price reduced!!!!

Guys Fiat has started reducing accessory prices and it starts with Punto alloys, in the website now its priced at 9900/per wheel which was 13540/- a week back when I last checked
Old 12th November 2010, 15:17   #95
BHPian

Add to that Central locking price which was 9985/- for Active is now 8490/-.
Old 12th November 2010, 19:05   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Guys Fiat has started reducing accessory prices and it starts with Punto alloys, in the website now its priced at 9900/per wheel which was 13540/- a week back when I last checked

Yipeee! That is great news. I ve always wanted a R15 alloy 195 tyres. So what will be the amount for 5 wheels with the tyres? And are the tyres good enough?
Old 12th November 2010, 21:50   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks!. Great news. Is it the same one that comes with E pack?
Old 12th November 2010, 21:54   #98
BHPian

yes, even you can fit the one which comes with Linea that also is priced at 9900/-. Tyre Config - 195/60/R15, if some one is looking for T-jet alloys then tyre - 205/55/R16.
Old 12th November 2010, 22:22   #99
BHPian

Quote:
My FE figures are improving with every drive these days. Today I went to Banaswadi then CV Raman Nagar, then Hoskote and come back to Whitefield, total 83km, with 40% bumper to bumper traffic, 30% highway construction diverted traffic, and 30% highway, I got FE 22.3 KMPL with no AC on, odo 1730km. What is expected after 1st servicing is done or odo crosses 5K mark? I think Fiat can start the Tag "We make India's most fuel efficient Diesel Hatch".
Excellent fuel economy!! Which pump do you fill up diesel from? No matter how I drive I only get a maximum of 18 kmpl
Old 12th November 2010, 22:27   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pri2 View Post
Excellent fuel economy!! Which pump do you fill up diesel from? No matter how I drive I only get a maximum of 18 kmpl
I fill at BPCL Electronic City, Normal Diesel. 22+ numbers are only when the speed between 75 to 90kmph with constant 5th gear.AC does not effect anything in this case.
Old 13th November 2010, 16:55   #101
Senior - BHPian

hey asdon,

wonderful post and a gr8 car. I am on the verge of buying a diesel hatch. I have shortlisted punto 1.3 active , polo trendline, i20 or swift. i20 era is slightly out of my budget. Swift looks dated. Polo long waiting list. So that leaves me with punto actice 1.3 MJD. My personal favorite. I am glad that the other cars have some or the other issues and getting my hands on punto.

What my doubts are ,

1. How would you rate the breaking?
2. How effective is the AC?
3. What are the look outs for the punto? As in maintainanace points, rattles? Etc.
4. What sort of deal should i expect on the punto?

Can you please post some day light pics of your punto just to get an idea of the dash board lay out.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Old 13th November 2010, 19:45   #102
BHPian

Well talk about milage, today I got a real shocker from Punto

1st image when I was driving, I was not carrying my camera, so taken from cell phone
2nd one when I reached home, the traffic became heavy I had to slow down so milage went down

What say guys?

Points - I was driving @60kmph constantly, @1500rpm at 5th gear.

h@r$h@l - your answers

1. How would you rate the breaking? I will rate 9 out of 10, only because I will miss ABS in Active, else it is perfect, till now I have driven the car at max speed of 140kmph, and no issues with breaking.

2. How effective is the AC? Super cool, in morning and evening you don't need to going beyond speed 1, in sunny afternoon 2 or 3(if more than 2 passengers)
3. What are the look outs for the punto? As in maintainanace points, rattles? Etc. look at the car at dealers yard before he takes it to registration, there might be scratches, look for rusts in breaks(disc), and under body if possible. Do a complete PDI before hand over.
4. What sort of deal should i expect on the punto? Get your headlight changed to Phillips extremepower, make it compulsory for the dealer as part of free items, I also got mats, mud flaps, body cover free, 3M sunfilm at 50% rate - this is part of the deal. insurance will be free for 1st year, 50 months warranty and Road side assistance will be free.

Will post daylight pictures tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
My Punto 1.3 Active has arrived-punto_milage_2.jpg  

My Punto 1.3 Active has arrived-punto_milage.jpg  

Last edited by asdon : 13th November 2010 at 20:03.
Old 14th November 2010, 06:04   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
hey asdon,

I have shortlisted punto 1.3 active , polo trendline, i20 or swift. i20 era is slightly out of my budget. Swift looks dated. Polo long waiting list. So that leaves me with punto actice 1.3 MJD. My personal favorite. I am glad that the other cars have some or the other issues and getting my hands on punto.
My advice will be Punto.MJD is a wonderful engine. I had gone for a test drive of Punto active(Electric blue) for my friend. Immedietly after that we had a test drive of i20 Asta. Punto impressed us(Base Vs Top) and i20 was not able to overtake the kind of driving pleasure that we got from Punto. Here I am talking about the first impression which is coming from heart.

Adson, wonderful FE figures!
Old 14th November 2010, 09:15   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbertramps View Post
Yipeee! That is great news. I ve always wanted a R15 alloy 195 tyres. So what will be the amount for 5 wheels with the tyres? And are the tyres good enough?
It'd be still be quite an expensive prospect:
~ 50k for the OEM alloys
~ 25k for the Michelin rubber (last I checked, they cost about 5k apiece!)
~ 1k for fitting, balancing, alignment and nitrogen
Old 14th November 2010, 10:35   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Guys Fiat has started reducing accessory prices
Great news!!

Quote:
Well talk about milage, today I got a real shocker from Punto.
Amazing figures there Asdon.
Are the MID figures matching with your manual calculations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
I am on the verge of buying a diesel hatch. I have shortlisted punto 1.3 active , polo trendline, i20 or swift.
@harshal,
On a lighter note, that is actually not a 'short'list. It's the whole list of all diesel hatches available (except Figo!!!).
I agree with your other points though. I would anytime choose Punto in this list.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks