Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2010, 20:45   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the Bug.
Your car looks drop dead gorgeous man. It sure does grab one's attention. Also post some interior pictures. And yes, detailed review awaited.
Old 4th October 2010, 20:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. I was wondering what kind of person buys a Beetle in India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tushar_lalsan View Post
Thanks buddy, Its got a 4 cylinder 2.0L Petrol 116ps, 172Nm @ 3200rpm , drinks 91/95 ron petrol, 6 speed automatic with triptronic read "languid".
IIRC the first batch of Octavias were offered with this engines in India.

Last edited by Mpower : 4th October 2010 at 20:51.
Old 4th October 2010, 21:07   #18
BHPian

Congrats

Hey Tushar,

Great choice , IMO it has loads of exclusivity and surely attracts attention. Let us know how is the drive quality compared to the other cars you have and pics of interiors. I saw one in Salsa red in the VW showroom and it looked quite good from inside too.
Old 4th October 2010, 21:34   #19
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the Beetle, and thanks for putting up the review here.

Now, let me ask you the essential question posed by an Indian auto customer : Whats the FE?
Old 4th October 2010, 22:24   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Congrats Tushar. Finally a Beetle review. We deserve at least a 100 pics buddy. Wishing you a very happy ownership journey ahead. Looks great in white as well as blue.

Reminds me of my Yellow Karizma motorcycle I bought back in 2004. We were followed by two persons for at least 2kms after we were driving home from the showroom till the next traffic lights. We were getting suspicious but they turned out to be admirers of my beauty.

Lol, tell me about it. few school buses have even re-routed their daily routes from the road in front of the house to get a glimpse of the car, which has never happened earlier with our other cars. and the kids scream outta sheer excitement, its truly priceless wish the car had come with herbie stickers too

FE? wow, honestly i didnt even bother to check. but i assure its not earth shattering as 500. the bug spends more time at the porch than on the road, i'll be able to tell you d figures once i'm regular with it.

Last edited by Amartya : 5th October 2010 at 00:08. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 4th October 2010, 22:44   #21
BHPian

@ Tushar:

Beautiful car. Congrats and best wishes from me.
Is this car in Bhilai? If that is the case, is this the only Bug in Bhilai? I will be visiting Bhilai in a few weeks time. I hope we can meet and I can admire your beauty?
I have bought a new BNWhite Punto, whenever u come down to Kol, I promise to give u my ride for a days's drive in return for an hour's drive on ur BUG. That's all I can offer :(

So, shall I start planning my Bhilai trip?
Old 4th October 2010, 22:57   #22
BHPian

Thanks buddy, surely the first in Bhilai and I'm told its the first one to be sold in the state as well. I totally reject your offer, but you are most welcome to come down and be driven. lol

Congrats on your new Italian, IMO Punto looks great in white it can also do well with some Abarth decals and matt black alloys by the way.
Old 4th October 2010, 23:10   #23
Senior - BHPian

Super duper cool choice dude. First bug on team bhp! 25Lakhs on this bug sounds expensive but kind of admiration you get on road will be worth for sure.
Which other car you have in collection? how does it feels when you are inside beetle. Please tell us about head turns you are getting
Old 4th October 2010, 23:14   #24
Senior - BHPian

what a surprise !

I thought you bought it over here in thrissur , any way congrats up on the new buy. Hope that your wife will really enjoy it.

Its for the first time I am noticing the lack of the fog lamps in a buggy !

Then about the snaps , Tushar these photos will not do justice to your car , as a lens head we need more photos from you , but the first one in the teaser was simply awsome.

Also post a detailed TD , The twin exhaust is that a VW standard fitment ?
Old 4th October 2010, 23:32   #25
BHPian

@recshenoy: head turns: So much that I've stopped driving to save others' lives, Lol. once, I noticed an old man the other day, overtaking his car from the left, driving with his left hand , right hand is busy a taking a video on the phone, that too out of the the window. God, i prayed for not ending up as a protagonist of his last video.
Beetle is very plush for an outsider, but as per me, when I step in, my first thoughts are usually uncomfortable : Where did all the money go? Is the moolah well spent or well wasted? Lol. just kidding. No other car has ever made me so happy, it like being perpetually "happy-high".. if you know what i mean

Jokes aside, Texture of every material used from rear parcel tray to gear knob, from door panels to engine cover, everything that's gone into making this car feels super special. May be I'm thinking that way to convince myself about the 25L.

@Foby, long time. I know my phone cam ain't doing justice to this car. but I've tried my best. Sad part is, I've left my entire lens and camera body at Mumbai apartment, read "20kg limit" on flights these days. But i'll be getting them soon.

VW Beetle comes with a discreet twin exhaust but without chrome fittings. I checked at the pete's kochi for a miltek cat-back exhaust which is working out to 68k but yet discreet. Which made me settle for VW genuine twin sports chrome exhaust, which is half decent but a looker.

Last edited by Amartya : 5th October 2010 at 00:12. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 5th October 2010, 22:36   #26
BHPian

@ tushar:

Thanks for the offer friend. I will surely get in touch with you when I go to bhilai. I shall mail you or PM you......but I gotta meet you and your bug

Thanks for your wishes for my Italian beauty, your German cutie deserves lots of praises too. And ya, great house too Tushar. I just cant resist the temptation to go to Bhilai at the earliest. Let's see, I shall keep you informed.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

Last edited by Amartya : 6th October 2010 at 00:45. Reason: SMSey language. Too many 'u's and 'ur's
Old 6th October 2010, 02:30   #27
Senior - BHPian

Congrats for your new buy ! Your Beetle looks as fresh as a DAISY ! May be you should name it Daisy .
Old 6th October 2010, 07:09   #28
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Tushar for the Beetle. Finally a review of the very iconic Bug. Great pics but keep a lot of them coming. And the initial ownership report too. The Beetle looks so good in any color and its quite obvious why the school children scream on seeing the beauty. Great choice mate !!
Old 6th October 2010, 09:04   #29
BHPian

Few pics after an early morning drive

Just half decent pics for now. Daisy lol, that reminds me, vase is missing from my car, VW missed out on the flower vase, how could they. Not a big fan of it but still Beetle is incomplete sans Vase.
I've been thinking about customizing beetle's interior (fabrics gotta go) Any suggestions on leather interior lads? What color/shade should I go for and which is the best place to get them done & how long does it take for the custom stitched? I don't mind driving cross country.

PS: Sorry for bad quality pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Initial Review: VW New Beetle 2009-06102010212.jpg  

Initial Review: VW New Beetle 2009-06102010214.jpg  

Initial Review: VW New Beetle 2009-06102010216.jpg  

Initial Review: VW New Beetle 2009-06102010217.jpg  

Initial Review: VW New Beetle 2009-06102010218.jpg  

Initial Review: VW New Beetle 2009-06102010219.jpg  

Initial Review: VW New Beetle 2009-06102010220.jpg  

Initial Review: VW New Beetle 2009-06102010221.jpg  

Initial Review: VW New Beetle 2009-06102010223.jpg  

Initial Review: VW New Beetle 2009-06102010225.jpg  

Initial Review: VW New Beetle 2009-06102010224.jpg  

Old 6th October 2010, 10:05   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Whoa! super cutie.
Keep her away from the male pulsars

Congrats tushar.
The interiors are so very German
I was always a fan of this bug. Just like the people who tapped your window and asked questions, I want to know the exact cost and more importantly the import duties and taxes on this girl

the first picture on the first page is just too good

As far the interiors, i agree with you that the present beige should go.
For me dark brown shades or sporty black and red combinations suit very well.
and one more good modification would be sporty footpedals.

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 6th October 2010 at 10:14. Reason: to add more info and to avoid another post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks