Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2010, 18:51   #31
BHPian

First Service Experience and some Pictures.

1st Service @ 800kms:

I got 1st service done at 800kms. Apart from washing there was nothing special to be done at this service. The car was picked up from and delivered to my home.

However when I saw the car after coming back from office, I was horrified to see stains on the driver side door fabric of the car. Clearly some one at the service centre had been careless and put his dirty hands on the door while servicing. I immediately called up the service station informed them about what had happened. They apologized for it and agreed to get it removed next day. I was really not sure whether they will be able to remove the stains because I felt that the stains were of some lubrication material. When I reached the service station next day they readily accepted my car and removed the stains with the help of some stain remover. I was really impressed with their response and prompt action.

Here are some pictures of alloys.
Just Got Jazzed !!-al1.jpg Just Got Jazzed !!-al2.jpg

Just Got Jazzed !!-al3.jpg

Here are some milestones of its running.
Just Got Jazzed !!-ms1.jpg Just Got Jazzed !!-ms2.jpg
Just Got Jazzed !!-ms3.jpg Just Got Jazzed !!-ms4.jpg

Here are some pictures taken on Express Highway.
Just Got Jazzed !!-oh1.jpg
Just Got Jazzed !!-oh2.jpg
Just Got Jazzed !!-oh3.jpg

p.s. Sorry about the poor quality of the pics as these were taken from mobile phone.

Last edited by rutvij : 18th October 2010 at 19:10.
Old 25th October 2010, 11:14   #32
Senior - BHPian

Good to know that it was taken care of!
How was the interior cleaning? Were the tires and wheels cleaned properly and polished?

I am hearing a slight rattle (though inconsistent), probably from the magic seats.
Will need to get it fixed in the 2nd service which is due shortly.
Old 26th October 2010, 10:01   #33
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Rutvij, congrats on the Jazz.

Just a note : The way that you are holding the steering wheel in picture no.10 (two posts above this one) is extremely dangerous. You will not be able to handle an emergency situation at all. Please remember to hold the steering in a 10:10 clock position, as per the picture below:

Just Got Jazzed !!-car_controls_correct_position_of_hands_on_the_steering_wheel_10and2.jpg

Picture source

Wish you a great ownership experience. And do drive safe

Last edited by GTO : 26th October 2010 at 10:02.
Old 26th October 2010, 11:02   #34
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car friend. IIRC you got it from Landmark Honda.

Landmark and Emerald Honda togather sell the highest units of jazz in the country. Go figure.
Old 27th October 2010, 12:17   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Good to know that it was taken care of!
How was the interior cleaning? Were the tires and wheels cleaned properly and polished?

I am hearing a slight rattle (though inconsistent), probably from the magic seats.
Will need to get it fixed in the 2nd service which is due shortly.
Interior was properly cleaned. Plastic surfaces in the interior were properly cleaned and polished. But glass areas of the interior were not cleaned properly. They should have used glass cleaner and seperate cloth to clean the glass area. But I guess they are using same cloth for both plastic and glass areas resulting into some sticky substance being stuck to the glass areas.

Regarding your rattles please check the position of your reflectors and tool kit. I had also an issue there but it got sorted out after I rearranged both reflectors and tool kit in a more tidy manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Rutvij, congrats on the Jazz.

Just a note : The way that you are holding the steering wheel in picture no.10 (two posts above this one) is extremely dangerous. You will not be able to handle an emergency situation at all. Please remember to hold the steering in a 10:10 clock position, as per the picture below:

Attachment 443761

Picture source

Wish you a great ownership experience. And do drive safe
Thanks a lot for your wishes and also thanks for pointing out correct driving position. Surely apart from being safe, driving the car as suggested by you gives more pleasure. I guess I tend to become a bit lazy on expressways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
Congrats on the car friend. IIRC you got it from Landmark Honda.

Landmark and Emerald Honda togather sell the highest units of jazz in the country. Go figure.
Thanks Devarshi.

Tomorrow I will be going for fitting the front grill in the car. That will be the last outstanding accessory that was promised with the car.
Old 27th October 2010, 12:55   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
Regarding your rattles please check the position of your reflectors and tool kit. I had also an issue there but it got sorted out after I rearranged both reflectors and tool kit in a more tidy manner.
I plan to remove all the stuff from the boot etc and check it out. I think the seats is the culprit but need to verify.
Old 27th October 2010, 13:31   #37
Senior - BHPian

That's great. The accessories have started flowing in since the beginning of this month.

I did opt out of the rear parcel tray and got 1800 off. So, effectively I paid 8500 for the alloy wheels. I asked if I could've another pair for 8500 for my lancer. They obviously replied in negative. :P
Old 27th October 2010, 15:31   #38
BHPian

Quote:
That's great. The accessories have started flowing in since the beginning of this month.

I did opt out of the rear parcel tray and got 1800 off. So, effectively I paid 8500 for the alloy wheels. I asked if I could've another pair for 8500 for my lancer. They obviously replied in negative. :P
I would love to get the parcel tray for 1800 bucks. I am quoted Rs. 4500/- for the same as it was not a part of the deal.

If possible I would like to have your help for getting the parcel tray.

Last edited by rutvij : 27th October 2010 at 15:40.
Old 28th October 2010, 16:18   #39
BHPian

I have come to get the front grill fitted and also to buy the parcel tray. Both things got done but unfortunately the grill got damaged while being fitted. They are repaintaing it and it will take an hour or so.

For parcel tray I was under the impression that they just have to put the tray in its place. But then I realised that they have to replace the interior side panel of both the sides in the back and fit a whole new assembly which contains hinges that supports parcel tray. No doubt now that why it costs 4500/-.

I am posting this from the customer lounge which has excellent facilities like TV, Internet and even PS3.

Last edited by rutvij : 28th October 2010 at 16:19.
Old 28th October 2010, 16:42   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have come to get the front grill fitted and also to buy the parcel tray. Both things got done but unfortunately the grill got damaged while being fitted. They are repaintaing it and it will take an hour or so.

For parcel tray I was under the impression that they just have to put the tray in its place. But then I realised that they have to replace the interior side panel of both the sides in the back and fit a whole new assembly which contains hinges that supports parcel tray. No doubt now that why it costs 4500/-.

I am posting this from the customer lounge which has excellent facilities like TV, Internet and even PS3.
I was offered the grill but didn't fit it as IMO it looks horrible, at least for my white car!

All I can say is that I wish I would have been in Ahmedabad, just for the car.
Both Hyderabad dealership suck! No place to sit properly, forget internet and PS3. I almost got my car scratched while entering one service center because of lack of space! High time, Honda opens another dealership here in Hyderabad!

Last edited by adimicra : 28th October 2010 at 16:55.
Old 28th October 2010, 23:40   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Just saw your message now. I do not know how it works but could've definitely tried since I did not get the parcel tray for myself.

PS3? where? Gandhigram or Ambawadi?

Last edited by devarshi84 : 28th October 2010 at 23:41.
Old 29th October 2010, 14:24   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Just saw your message now. I do not know how it works but could've definitely tried since I did not get the parcel tray for myself.

PS3? where? Gandhigram or Ambawadi?
Thanks Devarshi.

I am talking about Landmark and not Emerald. They have this facility at SG Highway premises on the ground floor at Customer Lounge of Service Department.

@Adi
Ahmedabad is the third fastest growing city in the world as per Frobes Magazine and land prices are sky rocketing. So you better plan immediately to come to Ahmedabad .... just for your car or you are going to find Ahmedabad going the Hyderabad way very soon...

Last edited by rutvij : 29th October 2010 at 14:27.
Old 30th October 2010, 09:18   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I plan to remove all the stuff from the boot etc and check it out. I think the seats is the culprit but need to verify.
Hey can you throw some light on the inconsistent rattle from the magic seats? I think I'm having them too. Not entirely sure where, how and when they occur but I have been overly bothered with that noise since its started. And more so, since I can't figure out the solution.
Old 2nd November 2010, 11:58   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Hey can you throw some light on the inconsistent rattle from the magic seats? I think I'm having them too. Not entirely sure where, how and when they occur but I have been overly bothered with that noise since its started. And more so, since I can't figure out the solution.
I would suggest to do following:
1. Check if you have put anything in the storage box of the Magic Seat.
2. Remove reflectors and tool kit &
3. If you are having acrylic number plate then check that it is properly fitted with 3M tape being used as cushion between the plate and the car.

I hope that this will solve your problem and there is nothing wrong with magic seat.
Old 2nd November 2010, 23:56   #45
Senior - BHPian

I do not have a problem with the magic seats but my windows definitely rattle when about an inch down. All four of them.

Most Viewed