Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2010, 17:37   #1
BHPian

Just Got Jazzed !!

Well not “just” literally. I took delivery of Honda Jazz on 2nd September (Janmasthami). After getting delivery of the car, the first thing that I wanted to do was post my first initial review of the car on Team BHP. However onslaught of viral infections in our family and heavy work load in office didn’t permit me to do so.

Details of the deal that I got – already posted by me in I booked my car thread – is as under:

Make :Honda
Model : Jazz
Variant : Basic
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 28/08/2010
Color : Silver
Expected Delivery Date : 02/09/2010
Dealer & City : Landmark Honda, Ahmedabad
Freebies : Alloys, Side protector, Front Grill, Mattings, Door Guard, Perfume, Ganesh Idol, Mud Flap & 3M Ultraviolet Coating with 1 year contract
Others : Got Discount of Rs. 59,000/- + freebies mentioned above. Alloys will come after 1 month.

On road price that I paid is Rs. 7.51 lakhs. I haven’t got alloys, Ganesh Idol, Mud Flap and Teflon coating coupons for the year.

Here are some pics of the car.

Last edited by rutvij : 5th October 2010 at 17:54.
Old 5th October 2010, 18:01   #2
BHPian

I was trying to edit the pics when got the message that 20 minutes that I am allowed for editing are over and pictures got left out. Here are the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Just Got Jazzed !!-img_7269.jpg  

Just Got Jazzed !!-img_7271.jpg  

Just Got Jazzed !!-img_7268.jpg  

Just Got Jazzed !!-img_7272.jpg  

Just Got Jazzed !!-img_7292.jpg  

Just Got Jazzed !!-img_7275.jpg  

Old 5th October 2010, 18:01   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations rutvij on your new car!

Please post the detailed driving impressions before the moderators lock this thread.

Keep us updated. Drive safe.

Amith

Last edited by Klub Class : 5th October 2010 at 18:03.
Old 5th October 2010, 18:08   #4
BHPian

How I zeroed on Honda Jazz:

The thought process of buying a new car started almost a year ago. I was happy driving Wagon R. But launch of new cars in last couple of years such as Punto, Figo, Polo, Beat, Jazz, i20, micra etc. tempted me to move up the ladder. From the beginning I was very sure that I wanted a Hatchback and not a saloon. I was eagerly waiting for launch of each car and still remember being glued to my computer screen – waiting for every tiny bit of update during Auto Expo and also at the time of launch of Polo.

My requirements of new car were very clear.
- Good peppy engine
- Mileage of atleast 11-12 in the city
- Good air conditioning to deal Ahmedabad heat
- Premium hatch with all possible goodies
- Maintenance free except for routine services
- Comfortable seating for 5
- Loads of storage space
- Should be exclusive

Before a year ago I was very much inclined towards Swift ZXi. However it had issues of rattling and wasn’t that exclusive. Moreover I didn’t want to buy a car that was at the end of its life cycle. I didn’t like the looks of Ritz from the back side. Punto was not considered because I didn’t want to make frequent visits to service stations. Figo didn’t look to be premium hatch and I didn’t like -in your face looks of Beat. That left 4 cars in serious contention. Polo, Micra, i20 and Jazz.

I was eagerly waiting for Polo. I was fanatically calling local dealership about when the car would be arriving for test drive. VW had a very good build up before launching the car. When I checked out the car I was impressed with looks, build quality and fit and finish of the car. The front seats were comfortable and driving position was spot on. I was happy. But things started to become bleak when I moved to the back seat. I am 6’ tall and anyone seating behind me would have difficult time. The hump in the back floor of Polo further reduced the available space and that was the deciding factor for not going for Polo.

I very much liked i20 since its launch. It comes with all possible goodies and that too at a very attractive price. My wife was very much interested in this car. It had a good engine too. When I test drove the car, it felt heavy and also I didn’t like the driving position of the car. Further chocolate colour interior and silver inserts really put me off.

In the end Micra and Jazz were in contention. Micra is a very good package. It has powerful engine, decent space, good driving position and also comes with good features at good price.

However Jazz was in a league of its own. It looks great and is having a jem of an engine. It has loads of space and can comfortably seat five persons. AC is powerful too. Though not reach on features, it had decent features too. When I compared Micra and Jazz back to back – except for price on every other parameter Jazz felt better. Further I had owned 1G Honda City before and having experienced blissful 7 years of a Honda, I knew that this is the car for me.

And I followed my heart and went for Jazz.
Old 5th October 2010, 18:15   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car man. Drive safe
Old 5th October 2010, 18:17   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations rutvij! Your baby looks lovely in the rain! I liked your methodical way of downselection and compliment you on going off the beaten path with what is certainly one of the sweetest lookers on Indian roads today.

I am waiting for the Jazz to age a little and start popping up in the pre-worshipped market. That would be a cool second car to have!
Old 5th October 2010, 18:23   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Rutvij. Everyone seems to be getting 'Jazzed' around me these days.I am also looking for a Jazz basic and the price they're quoting me is 7.54 w/o the freebies. Would definitely like to know how you worked out the Freebies for the OTR price! Please let us know.
Old 5th October 2010, 18:36   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Congratulations rutvij on your new car!

Please post the detailed driving impressions before the moderators lock this thread.

Keep us updated. Drive safe.

Amith
Thanks a lot Amith. I am indebted to Team BHP for keeping my passion alive and helping me out in purchasing decision of my cars. I intend to post regular updates of my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Congrats on the car man. Drive safe
Thanks Sachin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Congratulations rutvij! Your baby looks lovely in the rain! I liked your methodical way of downselection and compliment you on going off the beaten path with what is certainly one of the sweetest lookers on Indian roads today.

I am waiting for the Jazz to age a little and start popping up in the pre-worshipped market. That would be a cool second car to have!
Thanks Noopster. Pics were taken almost a month ago when rain god was showering blessings on us. It surely is the best looking hatchback....at least for me in our market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Congrats Rutvij. Everyone seems to be getting 'Jazzed' around me these days.I am also looking for a Jazz basic and the price they're quoting me is 7.54 w/o the freebies. Would definitely like to know how you worked out the Freebies for the OTR price! Please let us know.
Yeah you are right. In Ahmedabad we are seeing many Jazzes around. I was very sure about what I wanted in my new car and I had bargained with both the dealers with my specific requirements and tried bring them down on price and not on freebies. Remember I bought the car almost a month ago but I guess that 55,000/- discount scheme is still on, so you can bargain with them. If need be you can pm me.
Old 5th October 2010, 18:55   #9
BHPian

congrats rutvij,
you got yourself a very good deal and a fantastic car.
even here in ludhiana the number of jazz i see has gone up quite a bit, all thanks to the discount package it now comes with.

guess honda should take a clue to what a success this car could have been if priced correctly.

and i think you also do get to keep the original steel rims the car came when you get the alloys if you paid for the select kit separately.
Old 5th October 2010, 19:06   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboy44 View Post
congrats rutvij,
you got yourself a very good deal and a fantastic car.
even here in ludhiana the number of jazz i see has gone up quite a bit, all thanks to the discount package it now comes with.

guess honda should take a clue to what a success this car could have been if priced correctly.

and i think you also do get to keep the original steel rims the car came when you get the alloys if you paid for the select kit separately.
I completely agree with you about the price. Jazz is a very good product and only because of price it is not picking up in sales.

I have not opted for Select kit. Both the dealers were not sure when the kit will arrive. I have opted for Alloys which are also used for City and the dealer was sure of getting it. And the good news is that I have got my alloys last week !
Old 5th October 2010, 19:10   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
And the good news is that I have got my alloys last week !
If you don't mind can you please share the pictures of your car with the alloys?

PS: I guess your car looks more awesome with those alloys

Amith
Old 5th October 2010, 19:17   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
If you don't mind can you please share the pictures of your car with the alloys?

PS: I guess your car looks more awesome with those alloys

Amith
Sure. I am planning to do that tomorrow.
Old 5th October 2010, 19:55   #13
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your beauty!
Please post more detailed review of your car along with more pics. I also got the same alloys as the City-V. Looks cool.
I hope you will get the sun films done - I think it is the most important accessory for Jazz and will look good too!
I am so happy to see few more Jazz ownership threads coming up or else, I was the lone crusader against an army of Polo's,Punto's and Figo's.

And one more request, update the thread as regularly as possible.
Old 5th October 2010, 22:31   #14
BHPian

congrats RUTVI

happy and safe driving. Do keep us posted about the facts & figures.
Old 5th October 2010, 22:35   #15
BANNED

Congrats rutvij!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
On road price that I paid is Rs. 7.51 lakhs.
The price in Bangalore for Jazz 1.2MT is 8,76,424L.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks