Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2015, 00:29   #151
BHPian

re: 2010 Ford Endeavour AT: Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillBilly View Post
Engine braking happens down until 60 kmph if the OD is switched off. I use the Overdrive on/off switch a lot on highways. I feel its the best way to slow down a little bit under engine control.

Coming downhill I shift between 3 and 2. This reduces the work the brakes have to keep doing if I were to stay in (D)rive

And for a total OT, the wooden interiors on the Endeavour are a problem to maintain. The veneer peels off after a while and it costs Rs. 25K to replace the veneer window switches!!

I'm looking for ways to get them re-veneered. Any ideas lads?
Just go to your ford showroom and ask for goodwill warranty on them. According to the ford showroom i visit they say almost every endeavour including mine has the wooden panel problem, Getting them all replaced under goodwill warranty.
V12Doc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2016, 14:05   #152
BHPian

Re: 2010 Ford Endeavour AT: Test Drive & Review

Hi All, i am planning to buy a used Endeavour 2010 MT model, will it be a good decision? I mean in terms of reliability and cost of ownership. I want to use this vehicle for long road trips and trips to mountains.
Old 15th February 2016, 14:06   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillBilly View Post
And for a total OT, the wooden interiors on the Endeavour are a problem to maintain. The veneer peels off after a while and it costs Rs. 25K to replace the veneer window switches!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by V12Doc View Post
According to the ford showroom i visit they say almost every endeavour including mine has the wooden panel problem, Getting them all replaced under goodwill warranty.
Every older endevour has this problem, including mine. They quoted a bomb at the dealer so I removed all the bits, unscrewed the power window switches off them and got it painted in wood finish. You can also get 3M to apply carbon fibre stickering, if you don't want wood finish.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2016, 01:23   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Every older endevour has this problem, including mine. They quoted a bomb at the dealer so I removed all the bits, unscrewed the power window switches off them and got it painted in wood finish. You can also get 3M to apply carbon fibre stickering, if you don't want wood finish.
Hey! I actually have this done on my car as well!
Old 25th February 2016, 09:20   #155
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by StallionAmit View Post
I mean in terms of reliability and cost of ownership. I want to use this vehicle for long road trips and trips to mountains.
The Endy has always been a reliable SUV but maintenance has been and will be on the higher side. However, if you get a very good deal, it will make up for the costs.

However, it is not the best vehicle for long trips due to its bouncy suspension and low set seats and is not the best vehicle for the mountains due to its high turning radius and a long bonnet that restricts visibility, even with a driver of average height behind the wheel.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 19:58   #156
BHPian

I'm planning to get a 2010 Endy and this thread has been really helpful in educating me. Going for test drive tomorrow, apparently the car comes "loaded with features". I now know they are a part of standard accessories.

Thanks a ton for the write up !
deepcdc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 16:33   #157
BHPian

Months after when we booked a AT for my friend, we finally got tried of not receiving a firm date for delivery of the vehicle. We cancelled the booking couple of weeks back. After owning the first and second generation Endeavour, my friend finally bought the new Innova.

Sad, Ford lost a loyal customer by not responding to his needs and queries. Someone should explain to them "All customers are not equal", a repeat customer is more valuable then a first time one.

The experience of buying the Innova was painless and straight forward. Paid in full and took delivery in a week. That too because my friend wanted the car on a particular date, else it would have been 3 working days! Quite a contrast from Ford's way of doing things. Pains me as I am a Ford fan.
Old 18th December 2017, 21:57   #158
BHPian

Hi can anyone help me figure out where is the OBD port for a 2011 ford endeavour AT? Pictures would be great.
Old 12th April 2022, 13:53   #159
Senior - BHPian

I am getting a 2010 Ford Endeavour 4x4 AT at quite a lucrative price from Chandigarh. I live in Manali, and was looking for a capable 4x4 vehicle that can also seat 7 medium sized adults.

My current nearest Ford Service Centre is at Mandi, about 120Kms away. Apart from that, Chandigarh and Dehradun (my native) are other big places with Ford service centre for me.

So, does it make sense to invest money in an Endeavour in today's date and time, or should I look elsewhere? It has done close to a 100K kilometres, and is a 3L engine.

What is the kind of mileage I should expect of this behemoth? Usually I don't go off roading, but may use 4x4 during Snow season and also on our trips to Spiti and probably Ladakh in the coming months. Do advise...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks