Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2010, 18:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

congrats rocky very good find. she is a beauty. welcome to the 1.6 club.

13K Kms is unbelievable. drive safe. enjoy the beast
Old 7th October 2010, 18:18   #17
BHPian

Dude,
Lucky you!!!! Rock on!! I was searching for one a couple of years back and settled for a Stile 1.6. Jealous, Jealous. I heard the gearing in S10 is even more agressive than the other Palio 1.6's. Enjoy your ride and drive safe!

Regards,
Kaustubh
Old 7th October 2010, 19:04   #18
BHPian

I can't believe my eyes. You got s10 which is run 13k while others are all over the country looking for one which has done under 60k. I can't stop envying you. Love that colour and what a clean piece of machine.CONGRATULATIONS

That said, Can you please list down differences between stile 1.6 and the s10. What makes s10 driving so very special.
Old 7th October 2010, 21:46   #19
BHPian

Congrats Rock18, the S10 simply rocks. The Stock machine

To be frank, I'm not congratulating you from the bottom of my heart, because I am envying you just like other fellow members.

Great car - Great Buy - Great Engine - Cheers FIAT.
Old 8th October 2010, 15:26   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast View Post
I can't believe my eyes. You got s10 which is run 13k while others are all over the country looking for one which has done under 60k. I can't stop envying you. Love that colour and what a clean piece of machine.CONGRATULATIONS

That said, Can you please list down differences between stile 1.6 and the s10. What makes s10 driving so very special.
Thanks all.
I have not driven the Stile 1.6. This is the first time i am driving a Fiat car. I am slowly learning things like Steering feedback,build quality from FIAT.
Btw: Can somebody advise on whether to change all the rubber parts and tyres?
Electra automotive (advised by many in Team-bhp) supervisor prasanth did not change anything apart from engine coolant and regular service.
And also he suggested that tyres are still good enough for another 10k kms.
Please do advise.
Old 8th October 2010, 16:24   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock18 View Post
On sunday morning,i was going through classifieds section in Hindu and found this:
"2002 Fiat palio S10,run 13k kms,showroom condition" I called up the owner immediately.He said 2lakhs and i said what the #@#@#? and
disconnected the call.
I was also checking for good used cars deals. Saw this ad (and most probably before you as well), and immediatly dismissed it thinking- must be a dealer playing tricks. Sounded too too good to be true!

You can imagine how hard i am banging my head against the computer screen. Truly jawdropping car. Congrats bro!

Lesson learned: Never dismiss anything outright without checking it out properly.
Quote:
Can somebody advise on whether to change all the rubber parts and tyres?
Tyres- DEFINITE YES.

Rubber degenerate over time, and 6 years is considered the average shelf life. Please change it immediatly.
Old 8th October 2010, 18:39   #22
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Btw: Can somebody advise on whether to change all the rubber parts and tyres?
Electra automotive (advised by many in Team-bhp) supervisor prasanth .
I think this has been advised to you by many in this thread as well as your other thread when you were about to buy it.

Please DO!
Old 21st October 2010, 09:08   #23

Congratulations on your buy! I myself got a GTX a year ago. I sure you will have an amazing time with S10. Not only others and I are jealous, I'm sure even your girlfriend will be jealous when you start spending more time with the Beast than her.
Old 15th June 2011, 20:32   #24
BHPian

Advise needed for FFE/Endcan in Palio S10?

My palio S10 silencer has broken and car now roars when you rip but it clatters like a diesel auto when idle.
Roaring while ripping is quite addictive.I just want to make this roar permanent but without the clatter like sound during idle.
Just browsed through some forums and came to know that either FFE or endcan is the solution for increasing the sound and performance.

I am not very much interested in increasing the performance or mileage,(it will be welcome if it can be done) but main criteria is the sound.
Should i go for FFE just for the sound or any other cheaper alternatives available?
i checked with Ignite garage,They quoted 15.5k for FFE and HKS endcan for 21k.
All i need is a good roar at mid to higher rpms,Is there any other alternative available apart from FFE and ENDCAN.
Please help.
Old 15th June 2011, 21:21   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Advise needed for FFE/Endcan in Palio S10?

For your mainly acoustic requirements, just an end-can is enough, rather than an entire FFE. Various options in end cans to chose from- custom made to Indian/foreign branded.
theMAG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2011, 21:34   #26
BHPian

Quote:
i checked with Ignite garage,They quoted 15.5k for FFE and HKS endcan for 21k.
I am not sure about the HKS stuff and its price. I had got a complete FFE on my Palio from Raj Hingorani here in Bangalore for way less price that you have been quoted. Ofcourse, this was some 3 years back. I had got it tuned street spec and it worked like a charm.
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2011, 06:45   #27
Senior - BHPian

If it's only the deep sound that you are looking for, splurge on a good end can.Quite a few choices available in the market. FFE is the way to go if you are looking at performance.

Quote:
All i need is a good roar at mid to higher rpms,Is there any other alternative available apart from FFE and ENDCAN.
This is unlikely, if you only change the end can. The exhaust note will be the same across all rpms unless you revv to higher rpms. With a FFE installed the exhaust note can be controlled in such a way that the engine roar can be heard from a specific rpm upwards.
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2011, 07:08   #28

Yes. Quite right there. That is why most of us get away with driving a FFE'd car in the city especially when cops trouble us. That is also another reason for not having an Endcan. Cops see it and they will catch you. Its easy money for them.
Cyrus43 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2011, 15:07   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
If it's only the deep sound that you are looking for, splurge on a good end can.Quite a few choices available in the market. FFE is the way to go if you are looking at performance.

This is unlikely, if you only change the end can. The exhaust note will be the same across all rpms unless you revv to higher rpms. With a FFE installed the exhaust note can be controlled in such a way that the engine roar can be heard from a specific rpm upwards.
So should i just go for FFE?
Any recomennded installers in Chennai?
And how much will be the cost?
Old 16th June 2011, 16:40   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So should i just go for FFE?Any recomennded installers in Chennai?And how much will be the cost?
From what I know the Palio's engine bay is too cramped.However quite a lot of them have gotten the work done. In chennai I can only think of Electra Performance for a complete FFE job.
Else you always have the option of calling up Automech and asking them as to who their authorized dealer is in chennai.

The prices vary and in bangalore an FFE with a customer end can can you set you back by about 8/9k. Automech should cost you a tad bit more.
Electra is always around, check this thread for some of work done of fellow bhp'ains cars.
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks