Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2011, 17:27   #31
BHPian

Re: Advise needed for FFE/Endcan in Palio S10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
From what I know the Palio's engine bay is too cramped.However quite a lot of them have gotten the work done. In chennai I can only think of Electra Performance for a complete FFE job.
Else you always have the option of calling up Automech and asking them as to who their authorized dealer is in chennai.

The prices vary and in bangalore an FFE with a customer end can can you set you back by about 8/9k. Automech should cost you a tad bit more.
Electra is always around, check this thread for some of work done of fellow bhp'ains cars.
Thanks mate.
I guess Electra is not the same now.Krupesh has left electra long time ago so i am not sure if they are still competent enough.

I will check with Automech..
Old 16th June 2011, 17:30   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
From what I know the Palio's engine bay is too cramped.However quite a lot of them have gotten the work done. In chennai I can only think of Electra Performance for a complete FFE job.
Else you always have the option of calling up Automech and asking them as to who their authorized dealer is in chennai.

The prices vary and in bangalore an FFE with a customer end can can you set you back by about 8/9k. Automech should cost you a tad bit more.
Electra is always around, check this thread for some of work done of fellow bhp'ains cars.
IIRC the issue is that the exhaust pipes face the firewall and not towards the front which makes it tough to work on.
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2011, 19:19   #33
BHPian

I went for an FFE 2.5 yrs back from Viper(Mumbai) and I'm very happy with it. Yes, the exhaust from the engine is on the other side in Palios, but the tuners have headers for that. When you go FFE, you can customize it according to your need, not sure that can be done with an endcan. Also FFE on the 1.6 engine gives out a deeper note than other hatchbacks around, not sure you'll get the same note with an endcan(please correct me if I'm wrong as I haven't seen a car with an aftermarket endcan, just assuming).
nim_peter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2011, 21:22   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
IIRC the issue is that the exhaust pipes face the firewall and not towards the front which makes it tough to work on.
Well its just not that jk , one of my friend had a real tough time trying to install a CAI. The engine bay was cramped to get a conical intake with piping fitted too.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 16th June 2011 at 21:23.
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2011, 09:29   #35
BHPian

@Rock18: I would suggest you to go for a good FFE as an end can will
give you a deep exhaust note irrespective of the RPM as
Rjstyles commented.

As far as i know electra
performance is known for FFE's in Chennai. You can try sourcing
through Automech but they might be a bit expensive. {Not
sure about the cost as i got my FFE done by Raj for my OHC cos
even i had the same problem as yours, i believe it is called
silencer leakage if i am not wrong (Please correct me)}

Never knew that Palio might be so hard to work on but i reckon
you will have FFE for the Palio as there are many Tbhpians who
have modded their Palios. In the worst case, Raj Hingorani from
BLR can surely help you.
Honda_Power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2011, 20:40   #36
BHPian

Re: Beauty and the Beast...My pre-owned Palio S10

Thanks for replying guys.
For the time being, My mechanic has done some welding work and it sounds very smooth now. Will try hunting for some good FFE installers in chennai.
Old 22nd June 2011, 11:00   #37
BHPian

Hey rock

Congrats on the yellow handsome. I still remember the day when we were on a hunt for a new car and saw the palio S10 in showrooms. My dad almost got sold to it but again its the head which wins and we went for Santro. Wish you happy and safe driving
autofreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2011, 15:57   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autofreak View Post
Hey rock

Congrats on the yellow handsome. I still remember the day when we were on a hunt for a new car and saw the palio S10 in showrooms. My dad almost got sold to it but again its the head which wins and we went for Santro. Wish you happy and safe driving
Thanks mate.
S10 is such a pleasure to drive.It still drives and feels like a new one .
Wish you the same.
Old 22nd June 2011, 22:26   #39
BHPian

Though I barged a bit late on this thread, yet could not help congratulating you. Immaculate condition, love those alloys.
Happy mile crunching with the Italian damsel.
Utopian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2011, 12:06   #40
BHPian

Stumbled upon this thread in office! Couldn't stop reading. What a fantastic story. I can almost relate to my own love at first sight with my palio stile MJD. These palio's really know how to floor a guy huh!

Looks like you're having lots of fun with the car, good luck in all your endeavors with her in the future. Did the home minister madam approve of this one?
ByDesign is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2011, 15:12   #41
BHPian

A little bit late but enjoy the S10, Rock. Its an awesome piece of machine. Nothing beats it on the highway especially curvy ones.

I have one since last 3 years (I think 2003 model) and enjoy driving it. Haven't been able to move to an another car since then although I am gonna again try in a month or so.

Cheers
sahakar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2011, 19:48   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign View Post
Stumbled upon this thread in office! Couldn't stop reading. What a fantastic story. I can almost relate to my own love at first sight with my palio stile MJD. These palio's really know how to floor a guy huh!

Looks like you're having lots of fun with the car, good luck in all your endeavors with her in the future. Did the home minister madam approve of this one?
Thanks mate. Yup very true.
oh yes she is definitely happy.We recently did a trip to her hometown which is 540kms from Chennai.It took us just 7hrs to reach that place and in almost supreme comfort and at our own convenience.
Thanks to the superly laid out Chennai-Madurai highway.
Wish you the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
A little bit late but enjoy the S10, Rock. Its an awesome piece of machine. Nothing beats it on the highway especially curvy ones.

I have one since last 3 years (I think 2003 model) and enjoy driving it. Haven't been able to move to an another car since then although I am gonna again try in a month or so.

Cheers
Yeah its an awesome machine.
Are you going to sell it soon? Is it because of the petrol price?
That is the only major grouse i have in this car.My usage does not do justification to a LPG sequential kit. Fitting ordinary LPG kit is not advisable.

Please do post an ownership if you have time.
Old 24th June 2011, 10:03   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock18 View Post

Yeah its an awesome machine.
Are you going to sell it soon? Is it because of the petrol price?
That is the only major grouse i have in this car.My usage does not do justification to a LPG sequential kit. Fitting ordinary LPG kit is not advisable.

Please do post an ownership if you have time.
I do have an orphaned thread where you can read a little bit about my S10. Just do a search on my screen name and you should find it. I really haven't kept it updated much.

If you have any questions after you read the thread, then feel free to ask.

No I really don't care about the petrol price. I was indeed initially planning a CNG kit for it but then decided against it as it didn't justify all the tampering that needed to be done.

I just need a couple of new automatics now, one for me and one for wifey. Hence, doing the need for change. Heck I may even keep my S10 as my third car

Also, as for FE I get around 10 in city and around 15 on the highways and am more than happy with it. When I really let it rip then I get around 8. The engine is so torquey that I can do a gear shift from 1 to 4 even with out touching the accelerator.

I am sure you will find ways to increase your FE with your driving style once you spend more time with it.

Cheers
sahakar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2011, 15:04   #44
BHPian

Hey Rock18 how's it going with your S10. Any new upgrades / repairs etc.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks