Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2010, 21:35   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
Congrats on the sparkling Red City.
Enjoy the car and make sure you go slow for the first thousand kilometres.
Drive safe and enjoy the pure bliss of the Honda engine.
Hi ZV,
Thanks for the wishes and advise.
I will try to "remember" the advise, but with VTec under the hood you know the result!!
Hope you are satisfied with the engine shudder while starting and stopping.
Any other comments/suggestions are welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Its kind of built into the software I think and you have to do this to enable it. Its not complicated at all, let me explain again. Why dont you try this, then you can confirm my doubt that it works on the City.

-Get into your car and shut the drivers door.
-Turn on the ignition, to the 2nd step. (position where if you turn any more the car will start)
-Pull the handbrake up.
-The central locking switch on your door, press it to the lock position, the doors will lock and make a clicking noise, keep it pressed for a few more seconds (maybe 5) till you hear another click. (To enable unlock just keep holding the unlock position of the button, but you will have to do all the steps again.)
-Then quickly turn the keys to the off position.

Why not try it and see if it works.
Hi Akshay,
Thanks for the help.
Raghu has tried this trick and found not to work, may be due to the switch that you are referring to is missing.
Any other practical suggestions are welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedub89 View Post
congratulations on your new car! drive safe.
is that a blue micra i see in the second picture ??
Veeddub89
Thanks for the wishes and advise.
Yes it is a blue micra next to ANHC at the RTO for registration, good observation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Congrats on the car, she looks good in red.
Drive safe
Schinj12,
Thanks for the wishes.
There are 6 colors for ANHC and all of them are quite good.
Among my wife, children and myself with 2 best choice of colors, we have covered all of them and so there was a big struggle for the final choice.
Finally it was the red that came out successful.

HC
Old 9th October 2010, 00:50   #17
BHPian

I have no words so say. Absolutely gorgeous. Very stunning. Congrats on your new buy. Happy motoring.
Old 9th October 2010, 09:22   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
I have no words so say. Absolutely gorgeous. Very stunning. Congrats on your new buy. Happy motoring.
Hi rki2007,
Thanks for the wishes.
If you get your hands on an ANHC, you will become a poet and will not run short of words

HC
Old 9th October 2010, 13:13   #19
BHPian

Enthiran/Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
Hi rki2007,
Thanks for the wishes.
If you get your hands on an ANHC, you will become a poet and will not run short of words

HC
You are an enthiran man.
Didn't understand is it. Your car is as beautiful as Aishwarya Rai and your signature is as stunning like Superstar's dailogue.(Offcourse Superstar doesn't say things but he does it. But you don't

Last edited by rki2007 : 9th October 2010 at 13:15.
Old 9th October 2010, 16:15   #20
BHPian

Dear HC,
Congrats for the new car.Nice write up.This is one decision you will not regret.The car looks great in red.

My ANHC (March 2009) has done 24700 km.The experience so far has been wonderful.Latest mileage calculation (tank full to tank full) showed 528 km needed 35.17 liters of petrol =15.01 km/l (60% Highway with 80% AC).In the total 528 km,350 km was run with 5 people onboard.The mileage calculater error is about +1.5 to 2 km/l.Will post more updates as soon as I get time.

Quote:
I agree..Thats how I wrote the thread below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...swift-vdi.html

Please continue to update.
Old 9th October 2010, 18:38   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Regarding the extra large engine bay, I have had similar stories including a possible diesel engine in the future, but still I can't imagine Honda wasting such large premium space on all cars.

HC

Congrats on the city The car looks really good in this shade. You need to take little extra care when you have cars in this shade.

I dont know i missed your thread.

The extra large space in the engine bay is due to the G-CON design, i believe. Can anybody confirm this? well, this is what the engineers at Magnum Honda told me when i enquired.
Old 9th October 2010, 21:20   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
You are an enthiran man.
Didn't understand is it. Your car is as beautiful as Aishwarya Rai and your signature is as stunning like Superstar's dailogue.(Offcourse Superstar doesn't say things but he does it. But you don't
rki2007,
Thanks for the humor, you are the BOSS.
When you come down to Chennai, let us go to see enthiran for the sake of Super Star and Aishwarya Rai sake !!
HC
Old 9th October 2010, 21:53   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mevtec View Post
Dear HC,
Congrats for the new car.Nice write up.This is one decision you will not regret.The car looks great in red.

My ANHC (March 2009) has done 24700 km.The experience so far has been wonderful.Latest mileage calculation (tank full to tank full) showed 528 km needed 35.17 liters of petrol =15.01 km/l (60% Highway with 80% AC).In the total 528 km,350 km was run with 5 people onboard.The mileage calculater error is about +1.5 to 2 km/l.Will post more updates as soon as I get time.

I agree..Thats how I wrote the thread below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...swift-vdi.html

Please continue to update.
Hi Mevtec,
Thanks for the wishes, appreciation and comments.
I did go though your thread as a non-member while I was in the process of purchasing the ANHC and sure it was helpful, especially the comparison between NHC and ANHC and also your experiences in the Highway.
I use the ANHC for the daily city commute and once or twice a year for the outstation trips.
So it is going to be while for me to rip the Ivetc in the highway and sure your experiences will be remembered.
As for FE is concerned, when I buy Honda, I need not be bothered about this, that is the trust and goes without saying.
That's the reason I had complained about the real time FE meter being given such prominence in the dash especially when there is an indicator for average FE.
We pay huge premium to Honda and Toyota for their quality, efficiency, reliability and reputation and we can enjoy these benefits with peace of mind.
Will update more information later.

HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Congrats on the city The car looks really good in this shade. You need to take little extra care when you have cars in this shade.

I dont know i missed your thread.

The extra large space in the engine bay is due to the G-CON design, i believe. Can anybody confirm this? well, this is what the engineers at Magnum Honda told me when i enquired.
Hi Nandan,
Thanks for the wishes.
Could you please elaborate on "take a little extra care for the red shade"?
I am not sure of the G-CON design explanation given to you.
I have heard that this is also could be due to "crumble zone" in a frontal impact, but I am not too sure of all these things.
But finally the extra space does look strange for a Honda car.

HC
Old 10th October 2010, 12:26   #24
BHPian

i meant that one needs to often clean up the car, since dust deposits easily show up in any dark shades. Also one needs to take care to maintain the paint surface, since any scratches show up prominently in darker shades.

G-con has relation with collision safety designing, which is unique to the Honda.I didnt feel anything strange though with the extra space. Each manufacturer has their own unique designs.
Old 10th October 2010, 17:17   #25
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 13th October 2010 at 10:54.
rki2007 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 10th October 2010, 19:34   #26
Senior - BHPian

HC, that looks great! I too have a Habanero red Honda. I think we have quite a few of them in this group. If you notice, my avatar here is actually the Habanero Red Chillies which is one of the hottest variety of chillies in the world!
Old 10th October 2010, 19:42   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
HC, that looks great! I too have a Habanero red Honda. I think we have quite a few of them in this group. If you notice, my avatar here is actually the Habanero Red Chillies which is one of the hottest variety of chillies in the world!
Vasoo,
Thanks for the wishes.
I have read your thread and other comments during my buying experience and did notice your Avatar in Habanero red chillies.
I think someone else had googled and informed the meaning of Habanero as well, which I didn't know.
Yes ANHC seems to be selling well, especially the last month I heard that they sold around 6400 cars.

HC
Old 10th October 2010, 20:15   #28
BHPian

@akshay1234

I just bought a preowned civic V A/T wanted to ask you that will the same autolocking technique you mentioned here will work for the Automatic model too???

cause you have specefically mentioned manual transmission.

@habanerocity

A very heart congrats for your new baby..enjoy it and have a safe motoring and may this Jap babe serve you for years to come and may this put smile onl your face every time you fire her up!
Old 10th October 2010, 20:18   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
@akshay1234

I just bought a preowned civic V A/T wanted to ask you that will the same autolocking technique you mentioned here will work for the Automatic model too???

cause you have specefically mentioned manual transmission.

...!
Jatin, there is a thread on civic tips and tricks here. There is slightly different approach for AT car. But I prefer the default setting where the doors auto lock at 15 kmph speed and unlocks when the lever is shifted to P position. This is also mentioned in the manual.
Old 10th October 2010, 21:00   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Vasoo,
I realized later that your Civic has the same RE35 film that I had used.
How about the front windshield?
My Honda dealer refused to fix the front windshield as he says he has had some bad experience while "heating" the glass and fixing the film.
Hope you have noticed that I have chosen "Habanero" as my ID !!

HC

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks