Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2010, 21:06   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
@akshay1234

I just bought a preowned civic V A/T wanted to ask you that will the same autolocking technique you mentioned here will work for the Automatic model too???

cause you have specifically mentioned manual transmission.

@habanerocity

A very hearty congrats for your new baby..enjoy it and have a safe motoring and may this Jap babe serve you for years to come and may this put smile onl your face every time you fire her up!
Jatin,
Thanks for the wishes
Old 14th October 2010, 13:07   #32
BHPian

Congrats on the ANHC. It's an amazing car. I've had it for a year and its been fantastic. Have clocked over 180 on it with ease on NH-4. 2nd gear 4k rpm to 6800 rpm is just phenomenal!!

A question though

If you did actually pay for the alloys which cost about 50k INR, why did you not go for the V which cost roughly 55k more than the S but gives you much more

1) Alloys
2) Fog lamps
3) Tweeters (which make the music system sound simply outstanding)
4) Chrome finish exhaust tip
5) A little more garnishing on the interiors.

I had booked the S but then changed to a V. I know that apart from the tweeters nothing really adds to the performance of either the car or the gadgets but i would still think that the V is better VFM (if you can even call something worth 10L VFM )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
Hello Fellow BHPians,
Last month, I bought an ANHC and would like to share my initial use experience.
---------------------------
Hope this information would be useful to fellow BHPians and wait to answer your questions.
Old 14th October 2010, 19:37   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKap View Post
Congrats on the ANHC. It's an amazing car. I've had it for a year and its been fantastic. Have clocked over 180 on it with ease on NH-4. 2nd gear 4k rpm to 6800 rpm is just phenomenal!!

A question though

If you did actually pay for the alloys which cost about 50k INR, why did you not go for the V which cost roughly 55k more than the S but gives you much more

1) Alloys
2) Fog lamps
3) Tweeters (which make the music system sound simply outstanding)
4) Chrome finish exhaust tip
5) A little more garnishing on the interiors.

I had booked the S but then changed to a V. I know that apart from the tweeters nothing really adds to the performance of either the car or the gadgets but i would still think that the V is better VFM (if you can even call something worth 10L VFM )
Hi Hcap,
Thanks for the wishes.
I probably will never do what you have written, tough I have no doubts about the capabilities of IVTec.
Your question is a very valid one and good too.
Yes I did compare S-MT and V-MT and found that only the alloys and fog lamps were interesting to me in the V-MT model
At the time of finalizing the deal, the dealer informed me that Honda has an "offer" on alloy wheels.
Though I am gagged by the dealer not to disclose the value, if there are anyone negotiating with Olympia Chennai, please ask for this "offer" and let me know if you need any help.
This "offer" was very much comparable with the aftermarket alloys and I insisted for set of 5 wheels and could get it from the dealer.
With original Honda alloys with 1 year warranty, my S-MT looks like V-MT except for fog lamps that I can live without.
Other cosmetics like chrome door handle, superior beige interiors and other chrome finishing did not interest me.
Though more than alloys, I wanted to upgrade the tyres to 195/60/15, but Honda's intimidation of voiding the warranty deterred me from going for this.
Besides I could get Michelin XM1+ for my car and so I am happy with it.
I don't remember reading your thread on ANHC buying and initial use experience, could you please direct me.
I have fitted 3M RE35 for the windows and rear wind shield.
Yesterday while driving at night and looking at the rear view mirror, I could see the lights of the vehicles behind me with a blur exactly at the lines where the dofogger lines are located on the rear wind shield.
It seems that the light from the vehicles get polarized at this point.
Is this normal?
ANHC users, especially the ANHC club at Bangalore may please share their experience

HC
Old 14th October 2010, 20:45   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
@akshay1234

I just bought a preowned civic V A/T wanted to ask you that will the same autolocking technique you mentioned here will work for the Automatic model too???

cause you have specefically mentioned manual transmission.
Really sorry I missed your question. But vasoo has answered it. Check out that thread. Though it might not work if yours is a pre facelifted Civic. It didnt work on GTOs Civic.

Door Lock Tricks (Auto Lock, Auto Open) - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum

Heres the link anyway. Please reply if it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Jatin, there is a thread on civic tips and tricks here. There is slightly different approach for AT car. But I prefer the default setting where the doors auto lock at 15 kmph speed and unlocks when the lever is shifted to P position. This is also mentioned in the manual.
Old 15th October 2010, 09:31   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Congrats on the car. The city looks really good in red.

You should post driving impressions ASAP otherwise the mods will lock the thread till you do so.

BTW about auto locking. It can be enabled and disabled on the Civic and the present Accord so I think it should be possible on this too.
My ANHC is just about 6 months old, i was wondering if the Auto locking has been tried by someone on the ANHC ?

Last edited by EasyR1der : 15th October 2010 at 09:41.
Old 15th October 2010, 09:42   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday while driving at night and looking at the rear view mirror, I could see the lights of the vehicles behind me with a blur exactly at the lines where the dofogger lines are located on the rear wind shield.
Is this normal?
ANHC users, especially the ANHC club at Bangalore may please share their experience

HC
This is normal, even I felt the same initially but not anymore as you get used to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyR1der View Post
My ANHC is not going six months i was wondering if the Auto locking has been tried by someone on the ANHC ?
I tried it once, and it doesn't work. Need to give another try as I hear another cling sound few seconds later when ever we lock the doors.
Old 15th October 2010, 11:22   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Hcap,

I probably will never do what you have written, tough I have no doubts about the capabilities of IVTec.
Your question is a very valid one and good too.
Yes I did compare S-MT and V-MT and found that only the alloys and fog lamps were interesting to me in the V-MT model

I don't remember reading your thread on ANHC buying and initial use experience, could you please direct me.
Is this normal?

HC
Hi HC,
Well my buying experience was nothing short of a nightmare.
you can read about it here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-dealer-2.html

Apart from the Alloys what really made me buy the V MT were the tweeters. I can infact live without the alloys but the tweeters take the music system to another level. You should get them installed. As far as the headlights go, I've never really paid attention to that. In any case I use the wing mirrors more than the internal rear view mirror.
Old 16th October 2010, 15:10   #38
BHPian

[quote=raghu230506;2106424]This is normal, even I felt the same initially but not anymore as you get used to.

Raghu,
Thanks for the response and you sure are a good buddy to share your experience quickly.
My WagonR does not have a rear defogger (2002 VXI model) and so this is kind of new to me.
Seems like I have lot of "things that I have to get used to".
Have you put on leather seat covers yet?
Heard that Stanley and Karlssons in Bangalore are quite good for this work.
May be I can consider making a trip for this and meeting you and the ANHC club at Bangalore

HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKap View Post
Hi HC,
Well my buying experience was nothing short of a nightmare.
you can read about it here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-dealer-2.html

Apart from the Alloys what really made me buy the V MT were the tweeters. I can infact live without the alloys but the tweeters take the music system to another level. You should get them installed. As far as the headlights go, I've never really paid attention to that. In any case I use the wing mirrors more than the internal rear view mirror.
HKap,
Looks like you had a bad buying experience there.
Handling car dealers is quite a trick and I always do my home work and go prepared with all items to be checked, discussed and finalized in a check list.
Even then I was not perfect !
Yes I agree with you and I do miss the tweeters in S-MT, but as I am not an audiophile, I can live without it.
I understood that the aftermarket tweeters would be simply placed on the dashboard and there is no internal provision for it, so I dropped the idea.
I cannot believe that you use more of ORVM than the IRVM.
It is always better to place the "objects" in the rear in all the 3 mirrors (if possible) or at least in 2 mirrors with 1 being the IRVM.
This is one of the safety feature that I learnt when I started to drive.

HC
Old 18th October 2010, 11:44   #39
BHPian

[quote=Habanero City;2107668]
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
HKap,
Looks like you had a bad buying experience there.
Handling car dealers is quite a trick and I always do my home work and go prepared with all items to be checked, discussed and finalized in a check list.
Even then I was not perfect !
Yes I agree with you and I do miss the tweeters in S-MT, but as I am not an audiophile, I can live without it.
I understood that the aftermarket tweeters would be simply placed on the dashboard and there is no internal provision for it, so I dropped the idea.
I cannot believe that you use more of ORVM than the IRVM.
It is always better to place the "objects" in the rear in all the 3 mirrors (if possible) or at least in 2 mirrors with 1 being the IRVM.
This is one of the safety feature that I learnt when I started to drive.

HC
Hi HC,
I do use the IRVM but its just every now and then. I rely more on the OVRM. For some reason I prefer to use the OVRM and just glance to check the blind spots. I use the IVRM if I really want to block someone and annoy him/her
Old 18th October 2010, 12:52   #40
BHPian

[quote=Habanero City;2107668]
Quote:
This is normal, even I felt the same initially but not anymore as you get used to.

Raghu,
Thanks for the response and you sure are a good buddy to share your experience quickly.
My WagonR does not have a rear defogger (2002 VXI model) and so this is kind of new to me.
Seems like I have lot of "things that I have to get used to".
Have you put on leather seat covers yet?
Heard that Stanley and Karlssons in Bangalore are quite good for this work.
May be I can consider making a trip for this and meeting you and the ANHC club at Bangalore

HC
Hi HC,

For sure, we can meet. Plan a trip to Bangalore.

I have put leather seat covers, they are pull-on's, with kids it get's tough. I was not in town when they were added, it's from AUTOFORM (U Cheer) I guess. It solves the purpose, Iam ok with the fitting but not completely satisfied. Would change it once needed.

Stanley and Karlssons are pretty good, I was as well considering Gsport, MAVIN, but my brother didn't leave me a choice as of now. But for sure would in near future.

Enjoy the ride.

Cheers
Raghu
Old 18th October 2010, 16:37   #41
BHPian

[quote=raghu230506;2109114]
Quote:

Hi HC,

For sure, we can meet. Plan a trip to Bangalore.

Cheers
Raghu
Raghu,

Atleast you take the initiative to gather all the ANHCs of Bangalore.

Lets see how it works out.
Old 18th October 2010, 16:57   #42
BHPian

[quote=nandans2005;2109463]
Quote:

Raghu,

Atleast you take the initiative to gather all the ANHCs of Bangalore.

Lets see how it works out.
Hi Nandan,

In the past we made a plan and only three of us turned up.

Starvegabond, B103 (Biju) and myself.

I would trigger it again, let's see.

Cheers
Raghu
Old 19th October 2010, 09:44   #43
BHPian

Raghu,

When was this ? I am not aware of this though.

Try this time around, we will try and get together.

lets see how it works out.
Old 19th October 2010, 14:07   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Raghu,

When was this ? I am not aware of this though.

Try this time around, we will try and get together.

lets see how it works out.
It was you who initiated it , and we three made it finally

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...es-home-5.html

HC sorry for hijacking your post.
Old 19th October 2010, 18:17   #45
BHPian

HC sorry for hijacking your post.[/quote]

Raghu,
No problem, I watching the proceedings and who knows might turn up to meet all of you

HC

Most Viewed