Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2010, 15:51   #1
BHPian

Our Ritz VDi : The Fill It, Shut It & Forget It Car !

Much troubled by maintenance issues with my previous car, I began searching for its replacement. My search started by last week of July 2010, yes much before my Fiesta was sold. I wanted to finalize on my next car before my car is sold; As the day Fiesta leaves my garage, None of Us will be in a mental state of taking a reasonable decision. I had to decide beforehand..

Our requirements:
Reliability is of most importance, when we choose a car; It should serve it’s basic purpose well & without fail. We don’t know when we need it. We are not specifically inclined towards hi end features, but basics should be in place. We don’t mind climate control failing, but cannot pardon if AC doesn’t work. We don’t mind ABS not kicking off but cannot pardon a clutch or Break failures. No maintenance issues please..

Decision Process:
1. Hatch Vs Compact Sedan: Mostly Hatch as it is going to be driven 60% in the City, with small family. I rarely used the boot in my Fiesta fully.
2. Petrol Vs Diesel: Our driving of around 20k kms annually, which was bound to increase in coming days , expecting to keep for at least 5years, petrol prices spiralling every now & then, I was clearly more inclined towards a Diesel. Newer Diesels being equally driver friendly, economical, though not better but comparable to theirpetrol counterparts when comes to ride, handling etc. the choice was much easier. Though I did checkout petrol options of few individual cars as well.
3. Finance: between 6 to 6.5 lakhs OTR, lesser the better. Nearly 50% was going to be financed.
4. Resale: Better resale value would be preferred; I don’t intend to keep the car too long also.
5. Looks, Styling: Should be Contemporary, Not looking for cars more than 6 years old, Good drivability is a priority as it is going to be self-driven mostly.
6. Other Considerations: A.S.S. My 12 lessons helped me very well as, the car with good service reach was necessity. Mileage:Not much of an issue, but a fuel guzzler is a definite No. Maintenance:The car with least maintenance hassles would be preferred

The Hyderabad traffic
No car buying experiance can be complete without explaining the unique nature of traffic conditions over here. This being my fourth state in last 8 years, my observations.
1. Flyovers are used for taking U turns, no wonder you have jam over the Flyovers.
2. Every pedestrian thinks of himself as traffic police, No matter whatever speed you are travelling they will just show a hand and cross the road anytime. Mostly irritating but some time feels scary as well. You need to decelerate very quickly without a warning. You need to see this to believe this! I don’t blame the pedestrians either; as there are hardly any foot over bridges and disciplined Zebra crossings.
3. People who want take a right turn cover the road so much that, people going straight are strangulated till they take the right turn.
4. Monster speed breakers & Covered and Uncovered Manholes even on Major roads.
5. There are good things as well, Cops are very friendly, and they usually don’t catch you for these things. Roads are otherwise okay, No much vehicle load , but man made menace.

The Test Drives:

Ford Figo:
Ford again! I loved the way fiesta handles; as this inherits the same DNA naturally this was the first choice. The space, great AC, Mileage, VFM tag and complete package under 6.30L OTR, too good to resist.

The Petrol: has a smooth acceleration, very reliable power delivery with good drivability too. But it started feeling underpowered as soon as it entered slope. You need to downshift a lot. With my home near Banjara hills, it is clearly underpowered vehicle.

The Diesel: Very comfortable to drive adequately powered too & almost no turbo lag. It also has some peppy nature to it which makes you feel like driving it again & again. Five people in the car while test driving it, It handled the load & curves very nicely.

Conclusion: The ground clearance is not that great, it scraped Four out of five speed breakers every time. I had to drive it across to avoid being hit under the belly, with my place full of monster speed breakers at ever 100m (literally!) I could imagine my troubles later. Absence of powerwindows at rear weren’t a great problem for me. The ground clearance can be improved by opting for a larger Rubber, but again the drivability will suffer. The A. S. S. issues with my previous car, I could not substantiate myself for buying a Ford again at home. So, Figo was dropped.

Finally it is great car for anyone& everyone, with few issues (which car has no issues?) mentioned above. The design, the engine, pricing,everything;Ford is bang on target this time with this all-rounder hatch. Though It has Nothing in particular which is outstanding (except its overall appeal),yet It can eat the pie of every other hatch available in the country from i10 to Honda Jazz!

Hyundai i20:
I had seen a lot of them on the roads; I was a strong admirer of the car. The looks, the proportionate body, the safety features, beautiful colour options, A.S.S. reach at my home town; I had almost made up my mind even before driving it once. I promptly headed to the Hyundai Showroom Parked my Fiesta and asked for the test drive. While the salesman was busy arranging a test drive for me I sat in the car on Display. The Space, beautifully crafted interiors, the driver oriented cabin, very comfortable driving seat with back support, The Sports version with 1.2 petrol (Diesel was out of my budget) at 6.25L OTR (with electronically adjustable ORVMs !!) the decision was just a formality.

The salesman took me to the cellar parking; there came a gorgeous silver colour i20 Asta version. I quickly occupied the driver seat just to complete the formality. I had to take a complete Right Turn first to drive out of the Parking to the Main road, & the unthinkable happened…

I turned the steering wheel to the Right once & twice completely, oh but, I am unable to understand whether the wheel is turning or not? Salesman replied “Sir wheel poora ghoom chukka hai, ab Hallu clutch chodiye “(wheel has completely turned, please release the clutch !). I soon made out that, the steering is almost dead, no feel of the road at all! My whole Fizz was lost in no time. Everything in the car is so driver friendly and you end up having such a steering feel? Other than that the car was ok to drive, but it is way too underpowered engine (1.2L) for its body.

The salesman explained that it is, electronically assisted (motor driven) power steering to give you extra comfort! My first query, can we disable this? Is there a lower end variant which comes without this extra comfort? Unfortunately No…

Then, I took some time to think about myself & can I live with this? The biker in me told; a strict no, no (It is like a Prabhudeva movie without a dance number! Logitech steering wheel for Need for Speed has a lot better feedback).

But a doctor in me told, not to over react, I can get used to this soon. People might have reacted the same way when they upgraded from Manual to Power steering. This might be the thing of future & all future cars may have this unstoppable extra comfort!

With minimal enthusiasm left, I sat for discussing finance & buying options. With 6.25L OTR, absolutely no discount at all, Take it or Leave it! I took the right decision & left It! Told him I will come back.

Conclusion: If the steering feel & power is okay for you, don’t think twice, this is worth the buck. I wish Hyundai should consider releasing a version without this extra comfort.
I drove back in my fiesta; within first 100mtrs of driving my decision was clear.

3.Tata Vista (No the name Indica doesn’t suit this car):

Somehow it happened that the test drive was postponed thrice. Finally I got the car at home for a test drive. It is a well-built car with nice proportions and very good overall feel. Very spacious from the inside.

The Interior Plastic finishing was too bad, there were many gaps at the joints. The power window switch was not working. Salesman replied quickly, sir this is a demo car, much abused. You come to showroom.The overall interior space was extraordinary. The backseat was very comfortable, at 6.25L OTR AURA version made a lot of sense.

The drivability was equally good, though not very enjoyable but manages to drive very well. Far better than the previous Indica. Steering is kind of neutral & handles the curves lot better too. The front visibility I felt , compromised. The decision about the left edge of the car was quite complicated. I felt I might brush a pedestrian once a while. But this I think will improve over a time and not great problem at all. The ground clearance was very good, well matched gear ratios and reliable power delivery.

I visited the Showroom with My Wife, unfortunately the showroom cars also had the poor finishing of the interior plastic. Unlike the old Indica the plastic quality is not that bad but the commitment for finer details is lacking. Wife was offset by the kind of people buying the car at the showroom, and there behavior etc. It was strict no from her side as she felt like a Taxi.

To be fair (as previous indica owner)Tata has done a great job as far as vista is concerned, it is too good a VFM at the price point. This Vista is quite refined in its overall appeal, rock solid feel and handling. I don’t see any practical problems with the car other than interior finishing. So Vista was dropped when came for a collective decision making.

The Cars I did not consider:

Honda Jazz: I would’ve loved to own this one , but was too pricey for my requirements.

Polo: Just launched & pricey, A.S.S. at my hometown.. 3 cyllinder engine.

Punto: Somehow it did not appeal much, large turning radius, some A.S.S. stories kept me away. Too stylish for my taste. Diesel was out of budget.

Beat: Space at the rear & the claustrophobia. Too stylish for my taste. Very powerful car for city. Otherwise okay for a small family.

Swift: I have one at home, plus the waiting period, has become too common.

Ritz Vdi:
To be frank I was a strong critic of its poorly designed rear looks. The car looses the great deal of its aggressive styling in the front by the time you reach the back. But it is a second ugliest back created by Maruti , First prize goes to Swift Dezire !

I sat in the car, It feels so spacious from inside & the driver’s seat makes you feel that you are in fact sitting in a SUV ! Very practically designed interiors with lot of thinking behind each and everything in the dashboard. The placement of controls, knobs bang on target.

As I took control of driving, initial impression was average handler, Nothing great about this car attitude. It had just appropriate power delivery in first and second gears with the fun to drive quotient of Swift missing altogether.
As I got a clear stretch of road, I pressed the pedal & to my surprise as soon as I touched 2000 RPM the car roared like a lion from hiding and the monster torque was unleashed. The sudden power delivery bowled me all over and It was riding like a dream. I could not control my excitement & kept on driving her . Once it touches RPM of 2k it feels like sitting on a Spanish Bull!! (Albeit a very controlled one). I had covered almost 5kms within no time, the salesman just kept quite seeing myself enjoying the ride. I could do all sort of things at a higher RPM. The car has a very good ground clearance I need not bother about any speed breakers of Hyderabad henceforth. Quick Acceleration & deceleration is not a problem as 2k RPM can come to your rescue in any situation. It suited my conditions very well. After handing over the keys of the demo car I did not feel the rear looked very Ugly…

I sat for discussing the buying options, costed 6.09L OTR and I was getting a 20k dealer discount plus useful accessories. The car had a waiting period of 1-2weeks & Varamahalkshmi Puja(Goddess of Wealth) being two days later, I was told that most of the cars will be delivered on that day & I will get the car only a week after that…

The same answer from every other Maruthi dealer in Hyderabad, I was also in No Hurry as My Fiesta was yet to be sold !

The Buying Experience (booked & bought on the same day !)

Luckily a buyer for fiesta appeared a day later and agreed for the deal. I decided to hand over the keys on Varamahalaksmi Puja Day as it was auspicious. He appeared at 10 am sharp in the morning, I checked the documents, cash and handed over the keys. Me and my wife were feeling very bad about Fiesta, by 11am the car went out of my Gate.

By 11.30, Junior of mine called, I told him the fiesta story and my decision to replace it with Ritz VDi. He immediately reminded me of one of our patients whose son is senior manager in Maruti Suzuki, He will talk to Him regarding Ritz.

By 2pm a salesperson from Maruti Secunderabad called me ‘’ saab mereko senior manager se phona aa rahey hai, doctor saab ko car hona kathe, kaise bhi arrange karo bole, aaj hi delivery denaa kathe, saab konsa Colour honaa?”

I told fire brick Red,(though Ritz looks awesome in White & Silver, I know AP is going to be full of these two colors) I asked do you have it ? he told no , but will arrange it somehow! An hour later he called to confirm the car & I can have the delivery of the car by 5 pm!!

I told my wife that we are going to Secbad for Buying Ritz.. I cannot describe the expression on her face.

I went at 5 pm , finished the finance formalities, and saw my car in the PDI section. It had 11kms reading on the ODO.I had taken my own check list of PDI, finished it carefully and then added some accessories..

The Teflon coating & underbody coating was free, so was mud flaps etc. I bought four Rockford fosgate speakers at 7k and remote locking by Autocop.
By 9pm car was delivered, as there was a long wait for many people taking the delivery on that day my overall buying experience was very satisfying. I was totally preoccupied with my fiesta so much that I asked the salesman to give a driver to drop us home.

There was no much celebration for the new car as we were actually feeling sad, I took the car to my friends place at 10pm and drove around for 75kms

Initial Driving Experience:

I was still preoccupied with fiesta so I could not observe her well for a week or so. I drove carefully till the first 1000kms without accelerating or decelerating much, kept RPM below 2.5k.

The car has minimal turbolag below 1.8k RPM(especially if you are coming from petrol cars) but after 2k RPM nothing can beat the monster. You may appreciate a ‘driver lag’ (if you happen to be a sedate driver)after 2k RPM.

Understanding The Third Gear and Turbo Surge takes some time as well, Once you get used to these things you can appreciate how mature this car handles itself.

There is a slight body roll as well, it is not scary though; not even at speeds above 110kmph.

AC is a chiller, never needed to push it above 2. Chills the cabin very fast.

Rear visibility is poor, You will get used to this. The overall front and side visibility from drivers position is very good.

The vehicles especially 2wheelers very near to the side are often fall in the blind spot. You need to be careful in quick turnings, sudden lane changes etc. I got used to this by carefully adjusting the ORVMs

The leg space at the back is adequate, better than Swift, no claustrophobia.

The back seat ride quality , I feel is slightly bumpy, is it the same With ZXi owners, with wider Rubber?

Last Sunday Morning, I touched 162kmph without much effort( My highest with Fiesta was 170kmph), absolutely no issues at all, Car is very well planted, and gives a safe feel to press the pedal further ! Came back, gave this car a proper wash & I knew My new love has begun..
Changed the seat covers , put sunfilms, and gear knob (I felt the round knob to be uncomfortable).

Driver’s seat is comfortable, not great but adequate lumbar support.

I used to use clutch a lot initially, but now I understand her better, clutch use is limited to gear changes only. FE around 13kmpl in city with AC all the time. which is going to improve from now on.

I feel the headlight is weak, especially on a highway, should I change it? Which company & model?

Wife feels that I have become a very Rash driver after buying Ritz. I can understand her observation, the turbo surge at 2k makes you feel like that !

The Horn is very high frequency and irritating to hear. Luckily you don’t hear it inside the cabin. Traffic especially pedestrians, just give a way. I’m lovin it !!

No rattles so far, spent Rs 650 first Service, No problems so far. I am very satisfied with the overall performance.. I feel..
"If ever there is going to be a Fill it , Shut it & Forget it car” I think it is going to be Ritz.

All comments and suggestions, for modifications & frank critics are Most welcome
Attached Thumbnails
Our Ritz VDi : The Fill It, Shut It  & Forget It Car !-dscn3014.jpg  

Our Ritz VDi : The Fill It, Shut It  & Forget It Car !-dscn3013.jpg  

Our Ritz VDi : The Fill It, Shut It  & Forget It Car !-dscn3015.jpg  

Our Ritz VDi : The Fill It, Shut It  & Forget It Car !-dscn3017.jpg  

Our Ritz VDi : The Fill It, Shut It  & Forget It Car !-dscn3018.jpg  

Our Ritz VDi : The Fill It, Shut It  & Forget It Car !-dscn3049.jpg  

Our Ritz VDi : The Fill It, Shut It  & Forget It Car !-dscn3051.jpg  

Old 10th October 2010, 16:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is a slight body roll as well, it is not scary though; not even at speeds above 110kmph.

I feel the headlight is weak, especially on a highway, should I change it? Which company & model?
1) Its actually a surprise that a Fiesta owner is comfortable with Ritz. I admire old school cars like Fiesta, Baleno, Ikon, Esteem, G1HC, etc. They are the cars with real feel. I know Fiesta is not that old, but when compared with most modern sedans, it feels old school due to its good nature.

2) We recently settled in for Wagon R CNG, i.e. the K10 CNG Wagon R. At that time, I did a TD of ritz and to my surprise I found out that the car is more practical than even the Wagon R. Ritz was not available with CNG option and hence my father was not eager on it. But the impression it left was really nice. There was one particularly bad stretch of road, I had never driven ritz on such bad road, but came to know that suspension is quite good. An achievement when we consider the relatively small wheelbase of the car.

3) I had a long chat with sales guys before deciding on the Wagon R CNG. During that time, I asked if we can give our KRC-489 HU of Baleno to them to be installed in Waggie. But they simply said no and further added that if we did that, the warranty would go void. I told them its original Maruti unit that came in Baleno, but they were not ready to listen.

The second thing I asked was about headlights ( I have not that great eyes and even avoid driving at night unless its express highway ). The clear reply was that if we did anything with them outside the service center and over 6X W, the warranty would go void. This actually made me angry, but did not vent my feelings there.

I am posting this incidence just to illustrate that before you do anything or add anything to your car, make sure your warranty is not affected. I was told that if HU is installed from outside, again the warranty would go void. So do consult your dealer first before making any change.

Last but not the least, Congrats on the car.
Old 10th October 2010, 17:07   #3
Team-BHP Support

Congrats! It does show when you get a phone from the "manager"!
My dad has the exact same colour LXI and it looks awesome.

Although I had gone to test a petrol, but they had a diesel and I was tempted. That was the first diesel which I drove in my life and boy I was impressed!

Its an awesome performer! Congrats on the purchase.
Old 10th October 2010, 21:42   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car Doc.

A very well written and comprehensive review. As for the headlights, opt for 100/90 from either Phillips rally series or Hella bulbs, you will also need relays, get a relay from Hella/Bosch brand. The whole setup will cost 1000-1100/-
Old 10th October 2010, 21:51   #5
Senior - BHPian

drkritik, Congratulations on your new buy.

Doctor, I'm finding it very hard to believe the fact that you sold off your Ford Fiesta 1.6 and settled for a Maruti Ritz!! Meanwhile do you plan to go for any accessories? Say, alloy wheels.

I've been following your ownership thread on Ford Fiesta. Needless to say that I really enjoyed it. And yes, I was eagerly waiting to read your inputs on your new Maruti Ritz.

Please do keep us updated. Do upload more pictures of your new car.

Drive safe. Happy Motoring.

Amith

Last edited by Klub Class : 10th October 2010 at 21:52.
Old 10th October 2010, 22:02   #6
BHPian

Hi i am one of the first owner of the ritz in this forum and i agree with each and every observation of yours about the car. It's one of the most under rated cars in india all because of its rear end design. Man people don't even test drive or short list it when looking for a small diesel/petrol hatch because of that.
Be carefull when you give it for servicing, make sure that the idiots at the service centre don't overfill the engine oil.It has to be in exact volume as mentioned in the manual. Otherwise you will find the turbo zing missing afterwards. Also a minimum two minute idiling is recommended after a high speed run. Congrats on buying the ritz!

Last edited by damodar : 10th October 2010 at 22:09.
Old 10th October 2010, 22:09   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
It's one of the most under rated cars in India. Man people don't even test drive or short list it when looking for a small diesel/petrol hatch because of that.
I disagree with you brother.I don't feel that Maruti Ritz is an under rated car. Personally, I know many people who have booked Maruti Ritz because of the endless waiting period of Maruti Swift.

Btw, I agree on the rear end design part!

Sorry for the off-topic post.

Amith
Old 10th October 2010, 22:22   #8
BHPian

Congratulations Doctorsaab. I also drive Ritz vdi, same colours as your's. Enjoy the car and drive safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkritik View Post
Absolutely agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Congrats on the car Doc.

A very well written and comprehensive review. As for the headlights, opt for 100/90 from either Phillips rally series or Hella bulbs, you will also need relays, get a relay from Hella/Bosch brand. The whole setup will cost 1000-1100/-
+1 to this the solution. I have installed Phillips Rally 100/90 bulbs with Hella relay. Awesome result, you will love to drive at night. Last week I was driving down from Pune to Mumbai at night, believe me, night driving become ease for me because of this bulbs. Go for it.

Last edited by gaddiwale : 10th October 2010 at 22:23.
Old 10th October 2010, 22:48   #9
BHPian

Hi Ritz owners..!

I would suggest Phillips Xtreme power bulbs instead of going for a 100/90s.
It costs abt 1200 bucks but is pretty good compared to the stock. And of course you still have the peace of mind of sticking to 60/55.

Vinayak
Old 10th October 2010, 23:25   #10
BHPian

Congrats, drkritik on your purchase. The Ritz looks nice in this shade.
Regarding the headlights, I agree with Vinayak . I am using the Philips xtreme power ones on my M800 since the last nearly one year, and have found them to be better than the stock ones. However, the low beam has a short range. The high beam has a nice spread along with a sufficient range.

Last edited by auto-one : 10th October 2010 at 23:29.
Old 11th October 2010, 00:09   #11
BHPian

Congratulations sir. Happy motoring. Ritz in fire brick color looks ossim
Old 11th October 2010, 09:36   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the Ritz. The red looks nice and the seat covers compliment the same.

I found both the Ritz and Swift have headlights just about sufficient for the city and highways, you definitely need to look at an upgrade.

Enjoy many more happy miles with the Ritz.
Old 11th October 2010, 19:26   #13
Senior - BHPian

Dr Sahaab.
At last you got the thread on air.
The seat cover looks kool, how much did u pay for it ?
Let us know some more about the ICE setup you have along with any other modification planned like alloys or better tyre etc.

Keep us all posted .

Cheers
Old 11th October 2010, 22:07   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) Its actually a surprise that a Fiesta owner is comfortable with Ritz. There was one particularly bad stretch of road, I had never driven ritz on such bad road, but came to know that suspension is quite good.
3) But they simply said no and further added that if we did that, the warranty would go void. I told them its original Maruti unit that came in Baleno, but they were not ready to listen.

Last but not the least, Congrats on the car.
You will not be satisfied ; if you keep on comparing both (Fiesta & Ritz). Both are of a different league altogether, will have to be realistic.

The head unit I put on the day of delivery was my own Pioneer. I got it removed from Fiesta, nobody talked about voiding of warranty.. Probably the senior manger effect was working !!

The perfect suspension is a thing I missed; It is definitely worth a mention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Congrats on the car Doc.

I will consider the same setup, Thanks for the Info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
drkritik, Congratulations on your new buy.

Doctor, I'm finding it very hard to believe the fact that you sold off your Ford Fiesta 1.6 and settled for a Maruti Ritz!! Meanwhile do you plan to go for any accessories? Say, alloy wheels.

I've been following your ownership thread on Ford Fiesta. Needless to say that I really enjoyed it. And yes, I was eagerly waiting to read your inputs on your new Maruti Ritz.

Please do keep us updated. Do upload more pictures of your new car.

Drive safe. Happy Motoring.

Amith
I wrote the whole thread (12 lessons) on the day of selling Fiesta, The emotions on that day are clearly evident in that article.

I even considered buying a brand new Fiesta 1.6 ! but anything above this Budget, I had to tax my parents. You will understand this happiness of buying a car on your own very soon..

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Hi i am one of the first owner of the ritz in this forum and i agree with each and every observation of yours about the car. It's one of the most under rated cars in india all because of its rear end design. Man people don't even test drive or short list it when looking for a small diesel/petrol hatch because of that.
Be carefull when you give it for servicing, make sure that the idiots at the service centre don't overfill the engine oil.It has to be in exact volume as mentioned in the manual. Otherwise you will find the turbo zing missing afterwards. Also a minimum two minute idiling is recommended after a high speed run. Congrats on buying the ritz!
rear issue was annoying, Even I was half hearted when going for test drive, the drive changed everything.

Thanks for those tips, I will be careful with servicing. Do you have any better suggestions (MASS) for servicing in Hyderabad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
Congratulations Doctorsaab. I also drive Ritz vdi, same colours as your's. Enjoy the car and drive safe.

+1 to this the solution. I have installed Phillips Rally 100/90 bulbs with Hella relay. Awesome result, you will love to drive at night. Last week I was driving down from Pune to Mumbai at night, believe me, night driving become ease for me because of this bulbs. Go for it.
I read your review, It is a very nice writeup. I must admit, I don't observe as much as you do..

I am yet to take it for a long drive, How do you feel the stability on the highways, especially overtaking ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayak007 View Post
Hi Ritz owners..!

I would suggest Phillips Xtreme power bulbs instead of going for a 100/90s.
It costs abt 1200 bucks but is pretty good compared to the stock. And of course you still have the peace of mind of sticking to 60/55.

Vinayak
Thanks for the info, I could not make out the difference, I am not from the technical side. can you elaborate a bit ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto-one View Post
Congrats, drkritik on your purchase. The Ritz looks nice in this shade.
Regarding the headlights, I agree with Vinayak . I am using the Philips xtreme power ones on my M800 since the last nearly one year, and have found them to be better than the stock ones. However, the low beam has a short range. The high beam has a nice spread along with a sufficient range.
thanks, while choosing the color an old fashion tip helped me. "if your figure is bad (out of shape) wear dark colored clothes" Black, chocolate and grey I did not like, so brick red was the darkest shade available.

what about adding neon headlights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Congrats on the Ritz. The red looks nice and the seat covers compliment the same.

I found both the Ritz and Swift have headlights just about sufficient for the city and highways, you definitely need to look at an upgrade.

Enjoy many more happy miles with the Ritz.
Thanks I will surely consider the headlight upgrades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Dr Sahaab.
At last you got the thread on air.
The seat cover looks kool, how much did u pay for it ?
Let us know some more about the ICE setup you have along with any other modification planned like alloys or better tyre etc.

Keep us all posted .

Cheers
a great deal of motivation for completing the article was from your side sir.
thanks a lot.
This is the list of Accessories..

Ganapathi Idol: carried from my previous vehicle (god comes first)

Leather steering cover, mud flaps, floor mats complimentary

Autocop Remote locking: @ 5.3k

Head Unit : Pioneer 2190, earlier (was a pioneer fan earlier)
Now Alpine CDE100-EUB with mp3 and USB, at 7k ! awesome audio quality, I recommend it to everyone considering a basic Head Unit. The SQ of Alpine is far better than Pioneer

Rockford Fosgate Speakers x4 R163 at 7k, threeway speakers, only in the doors, I have not kept any speakers at back. These speakers have a great sound output . no amp or SW.

Seat Covers U-Style; so called Buff leather, Soft leather, china leather (why can't we call it REXINE & save everybody's time? ) at 3.5 k only

Sun films 2k LLumar

gear Knob : Wood Rs 610/-

Plan to add alloys and Larger tyres later, I got Bridgestones so happy with them.

Car Cover Polco B++ Rs 720/-

Do you think adding alloys will give extra advantage while driving??
Old 12th October 2010, 14:12   #15
BHPian

rear issue was annoying, Even I was half hearted when going for test drive, the drive changed everything.

Thanks for those tips, I will be careful with servicing. Do you have any better suggestions (MASS) for servicing in Hyderabad?

My experience was with a Alto 800 in hyderabad and Saboo somajiguda are good, but they take limited number of cars for servicing.They start taking cars for servicing at 8:30 and close when they reach 25 or 30 cars.With the less numbers you can atleast follow up on who is doing the job on your car.

Last edited by damodar : 12th October 2010 at 14:15.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks