Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2010, 09:16   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
But there would be a lot to be desired on the finish front

As much I would love to have the engine roar, I also want a decent FE. To be honest the FE factor is what is standing btw me and a white 1.6S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
Well, i am not really sure if its same as Ikon's. But i understand that travelling long journeys' without head rest is uncomfortable as well as dangerous

But then all Petrol fiesta's are guzzlers (problt 1 km difference between the S and others). Are you by any chance looking at the Tdci ?
Quote:
My First Mileage figures guys;

Its 8.5 kmpl

100% A/C, 100% City
Rear seat: It's the same as in Fiesta EXi variant.

Body Kit: I have seen Pr_007's car and the finish is as good as OE. Infact, tht's the next planned mod for me

FE:
  • A DuraTEC owner shouldn't be questioned about KmpL; a DuraTORQ owner shouldn't be questioned about 0-100 timing
  • From what I have read in the forum, 1.6 P gives anything between 8-11 KmpL in City. I don't think the 1.6S is supposed to give lesser mileage in comparison to the 1.6. It's all about how we drive.
  • Apparently shifting @ 3K RPM is giving good FE In my experience, shifting @ 1.5K RPM didn't improve my FE. So I decided, what the heck and shifting between 2.5 to 3.5K RPM
  • The conservative DTE: The best I've seen for a full tank is 490 something. Usually it's around 380.

Last edited by kiku007 : 14th October 2010 at 09:19.
kiku007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2010, 09:22   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Rear seat: It's the same as in Fiesta EXi variant.

Body Kit: I have seen Pr_007's car and the finish is as good as OE. Infact, tht's the next planned mod for me

FE:
  • A DuraTEC owner shouldn't be questioned about KmpL; a DuraTORQ owner shouldn't be questioned about 0-100 timing
  • From what I have read in the forum, 1.6 P gives anything between 8-11 KmpL in City. I don't think the 1.6S is supposed to give lesser mileage in comparison to the 1.6. It's all about how we drive.
  • Apparently shifting @ 3K RPM is giving good FE In my experience, shifting @ 1.5K RPM didn't improve my FE. So I decided, what the heck and shifting between 2.5 to 3.5K RPM
  • The conservative DTE: The best I've seen for a full tank is 490 something. Usually it's around 380.
Wow many thats very informative and nicely put

I did tank full it last night and got 463 as DTE. So is it good or bad

Yup, when you know that its anyway not going to give more mileage why heck should we restrain by shifting at 2K ??
Old 14th October 2010, 12:24   #48
Senior - BHPian

^^ Dont waste your time looking at the DTE. It tries to give you the best amount of wrong data in the Fiesta.

Tank fill method will give you the exact FE & the FE is going to be less until your first service as well. Dont be worried about the FE, it should settle down somewhere between 10-12KMPL with mileage.

As Kishore mentioned, shifting at higher RPMs (read 3K) gives you a better FE in the 1.6. Once you are done with around 800+ KMs you can start shifting gears at higher RPMs.

Last edited by anachronix : 14th October 2010 at 12:26.
Old 12th May 2012, 20:26   #49
BHPian

Re: Mileage Update

Quote:

Accessories planned for next week;
  1. 3M Sun film Tinting
  2. Rubber Floor Mats from Ford
  3. Seat Covers (will i need them ?)
Hi M10, Sorry for bumping this old thread. Just interested to see and know the current condition of car as I do have the same color and looking for S kit and spoiler. Any updates please?

Interested to know where Pr007 did his kit up too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks