Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2010, 17:54   #16
Senior - BHPian

Nice writeup !!

Seems like a nice overall package. Though I thought TC'd cars would give better fuel averages. But then even the claimed 14.6 kmpl is not bad at all considering that this is slated / intended to be a "performance sedan"

Overall - I think it could take a piece of the pie from the ANHC & the petrol Vento. IF & ONLY IF the service standards are improved.

Seems like a TD would be in order !!

Cheers
Old 11th October 2010, 17:59   #17
BHPian

This is one detailed review and this time from none other than Sid. All bias, QA and A$$ worries are taking a back seat for sure.

The next in wait is GTO's legendary TD and detailed comparison with competition.

aaal is well so far
Old 11th October 2010, 18:00   #18
BHPian

Very good first impression. It seems like this is the car to get in this side of 10 Lakhs. About the interior, I don't know why i feel the leather seat design looks corny. But I do hope it feels very comfortable.

Is there any improvement in the back seat space?
Old 11th October 2010, 18:06   #19
BHPian

The TD report I have been waiting for. Well written Sid!! Finally Fiat got it right. I hope this one sells like hot cakes!! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Regards,
Kaustubh
Old 11th October 2010, 18:17   #20
Senior - BHPian

Good stuff. Thanks for the quick review Sid.

Will try and check it out asap.
Old 11th October 2010, 18:19   #21
Senior - BHPian

Miscellaneous

Quick First Drive: Fiat Linea 1.4 T-JET-untitled2.jpg
specifications

Quick First Drive: Fiat Linea 1.4 T-JET-untitled1.jpg
equipment

Quick First Drive: Fiat Linea 1.4 T-JET-untitled3.jpg
fuel economy information

Quick First Drive: Fiat Linea 1.4 T-JET-untitled4.jpg
colours

Quick First Drive: Fiat Linea 1.4 T-JET-dsc00057.jpg
rear end of white T-jet

Quick First Drive: Fiat Linea 1.4 T-JET-dsc00040.jpg
Top half of improved soft touch dashboard

Quick First Drive: Fiat Linea 1.4 T-JET-dsc00035.jpg
Another angle.
Old 11th October 2010, 18:24   #22
Team-BHP Support

Great review Sid. Looks like Fiat has upped their game here. I hope this car does well, I really do.

Is the pedal placement the same in the Punto and the Linea? What about the clutch travel?
Old 11th October 2010, 18:30   #23
Senior - BHPian

Good review. They really should be focusing on ride quality and not handling for a entry luxury sedan. Hows the turbo lag?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
The motor may be sharing the same block and displacement, but the top half is completely different. new cylinder heads, direct injection tech and the use of IHI branded turbo placed close to the cylinder head (IIRC) give the motor tremendous power and insane torque.
AFAIK, the T-jet uses MPFI and not direct injection.
Old 11th October 2010, 18:31   #24
Senior - BHPian

Good car. Sid - so we have a new drivers car in the 10L segment? How would you compare this to Cedia?
Old 11th October 2010, 18:38   #25
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful car and looks very promising. My only concern is tha twill the mechs at the Tata A.S.C. be qualified enough to handle such a hi tech engine?
Old 11th October 2010, 18:41   #26
J.Ravi

The ash-tray is not found both in the photographs and the features list. I don't know, why it is removed for a car costing Rs 1 million. Perhaps, some cost-cutting, which even Linea T-Jet+ could not escape from!

Old 11th October 2010, 18:51   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Good review. They really should be focusing on ride quality and not handling for a entry luxury sedan. Hows the turbo lag?

AFAIK, the T-jet uses MPFI and not direct injection.
DI tech was mentioned on the training handout that I saw. Will talk to a fiat technician later to confirm.

Turbo lag is almost negligible. Just a mere drab of the throttle pulls this car forward. The response to the accelerator has significantly improved with this motor. The regular 1.4 ought to go now. How about a cheaper dynamic variant with ABS at 7,50,000 fiat?

Its been ages since I have driven the cedia. So cannot comment.

The legspace is same. Comfort has improved with the leather option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Great review Sid. Looks like Fiat has upped their game here. I hope this car does well, I really do.

Is the pedal placement the same in the Punto and the Linea? What about the clutch travel?

Thanks! the clutch placement is same as the linea diesel, but the travel is a bit shorter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Beautiful car and looks very promising. My only concern is tha twill the mechs at the Tata A.S.C. be qualified enough to handle such a hi tech engine?
The single biggest concern-handling of this engine by mechanics and technicians.

Last edited by Dippy : 11th October 2010 at 18:56. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 11th October 2010, 18:55   #28
BHPian

Sid,
Is the higher torque figure attributed to the DI petrol engine as well (apart from the Turbo)? DI has shown improvement in the diesels. So if used in Petrols, the engine should have much more pulling power (which it has).

Regards,
Kaustubh
Old 11th October 2010, 19:03   #29
BHPian

Excellent pics and great review Sid. My fiesta's loan is nearing its end (dec 10) and I was actually looking to buy a city 6 months down the line. But now will look at T-jet also. Hopefully, knowing that most people would still be apprehensive about putting 10L on a fiat, I might also get a decent discount on the T-jet which would make it almost perfect.
One question for you Sid. Is the engine imported? If yes, how are the spare parts priced?
Old 11th October 2010, 19:05   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Excellent pics and great review Sid. My fiesta's loan is nearing its end (dec 10) and I was actually looking to buy a city 6 months down the line. But now will look at T-jet also. Hopefully, knowing that most people would still be apprehensive about putting 10L on a fiat, I might also get a decent discount on the T-jet which would make it almost perfect.
One question for you Sid. Is the engine imported? If yes, how are the spare parts priced?
No idea about parts prices but are said to be "competitive". The engine is imported. From where, I don't know, but I think from turkey maybe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks