Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2010, 13:11   #16
BHPian

Congrats and have a safe and happy Motoring.
Can you provide the cost details of Parrot Bluetooth CK 3100 Handsfree system & the Philips Xtreme Power H4 60/55W head lamps (Any alteration done to the circuits?).
Also what is that instrument, saying "Ok to Disconnect"?
Old 13th October 2010, 15:01   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicselva View Post
Can you provide the cost details of Parrot Bluetooth CK 3100 Handsfree system & the Philips Xtreme Power H4 60/55W head lamps (Any alteration done to the circuits?).
Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Hi Sandeep,

nice pics. Can you please share the OTR details and more on your delivery experience. Did you get the i20 Auto test drive?

Also what i am most interested to know is how have you managed to connect the ipod to your music system? my cousin owns i20 Asta and has been trying to do but he can only connect using AUX and that doesn't show song details on the display.

Thanks.
Hi,
You need to buy the Hyundai OEM Ipod cable for the same.
HYUNDAI KIA AUX INPUT CABLE FOR IPOD IPHONE NANO ITOUCH on eBay!

I could not test drive the automatic but booked it after going through some reviews.The Dealers only order the Autos on demand hence no test car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicselva View Post
The Parrot CK 3100 costed me around 80 GBP,got it from UK & the Philips were for INR 1000.No alteration done to the circuits.

That instrument is an IPOD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
" It contains a thermistor which measures the temperature of the inside. The signal,decided by the resistance value which changes in accordance with perceived inside temperature, is delivered to heater control unit. According to this signal, the control unit regulates incar temperature to intended value. "

So basically it cannot measure the temperature inside the cabin, the cooling is ineffective.

Read from here
Hi Wildon,
Your posts have been really informative,thanks for the same.
I got the aircon checked at the dealership & the interior temperature sensor was disconnected,all they had to do it was reconnect it & voila the aircon was cooling efficiently.I guess it must have got disconnected when the head unit was removed to install the bluetooth.
I also got the auto door lock programmed which is quite neat.
Once again thanks to your inputs.
Cheers.

Hi,
A lot of you want to know how the Auto drives,well here are my two bits,
You need to be gentle on the accelerator & it doesn't dissapoint.Being a new car i am running it in so i am rather gentle but if you attempt a kickdown it does take a moment.The engine is refined & the autobox is also smooth.Doing 100 KMPH will correspond to about 2500 RPM & noise levels are good,the Michelins are certainly helping.The horn is a weak point but I'm not too fond of noise pollution in any case,will keep the oem.The sound system is very decent for a stock system & I plan to leave it untouched.
I can blast off in my BMW 530d Highline when I feel the need.

I would definitely reccomend this car to anyone who needs to commute in rush hour traffic as the autobox is a no brainer,takes off the stress from driving.For me,I mostly drive for fun & for that the BMW plays its role & the i20 is for my wife & for daily runs to the market.

The Climate control is quite ok.I have been informed that Hyundai has a service bulletin to take care of cooling issues for earlier variants & after my visit to the workshop it is doing its job,best to use it manually as auto sometimes takes it own sweet time to cool up the cabin.I am seriously considering the VKOOL premium sunfilm for the front windscreen only,looking for reviews & opinions.

The dreaded steering rattle has not surfaced as yet,keeping my fingers crossed.

The OTR worked close to 8 Lakhs for those of you who wanted to know,freebies were rubber floor & boot mats which are good & mudflaps which I did'nt want.

Happy Motoring.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by .anshuman : 13th October 2010 at 16:54. Reason: Please take a look at the mod note that has been added to the end of your post.
Old 13th October 2010, 16:27   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats sandeep. The car you bought has got almost everything: Looks good, Classy interiors, excellent engine performance + great comfort + easy to drive + Safer and list goes on..
The main disappointment is its price. 8 lacs is a decent price. OTR here in karnataka is over 9 lacs

Last edited by djay99 : 13th October 2010 at 16:29.
Old 29th January 2011, 23:08   #19

Re: i20 1.4 Automatic delivered

Hello,
I was looking for an auto hatch and i20 /10 were the only option, have almost decided on buying the i20... the dealer has no test drive vehicle for auto version.
How's the ride comfort and airconditioning have read several posts pertaining to inadequate cooling in i20. Has this been solved in the 1.4l asta AT.
Old 31st January 2011, 06:54   #20
BHPian

Re: i20 1.4 Automatic delivered

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenangels View Post
Hello,
I was looking for an auto hatch and i20 /10 were the only option, have almost decided on buying the i20... the dealer has no test drive vehicle for auto version.
How's the ride comfort and airconditioning have read several posts pertaining to inadequate cooling in i20. Has this been solved in the 1.4l asta AT.
I don't have any issue on ride comfort, i can comfortably sit and drive for hours (I have driven roughly 6 hours to and fro after a break of 3 hours). Air condition cooling inadequate is still there, alternate option is to don't recycle the air from outside and dont use AC in auto mode. But if the temperature goes above 32c then nothing helps. I complained two times and they said they did something, waiting for hot summer to see it again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks