Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2010, 01:57   #1
BHPian

Upgraded myself from Car 1.1 to Car 1.2 ! - Volkswagen Polo 1.2 HL Silver

Friends,

Got my Polo 1.2 Petrol HL Silver delivered on Oct 13, 2010. This was after a long wait of 75 days ( Two and a half months ).
Barely 70 kms has been covered since delivery and am in Love with this car. Not only me, My wife and daughter simply love this car.

The Reason :

Here is my story of how I ended up with a Polo!

My previous car was a WagonR which I had driven to my heart's content.
I loved this car and its a great utility car. One point of time, i even used it to shift half of my home
I moved in with my family to Hyderabad during 2008 and I brought my car along. My car was already 4 years old and I had drove it for over a year in Hyderadbad.

The quest for a new car started just a year after we shifted to hyderabad. I had already decided that I would sell my WagonR before buying a new one. As mine was a TN registered car, I had planned to take (rather drive) it to Chennai to get it sold there. I managed to find a propective buyer in Chennai during june this year and i started planning for my first long road trip to Chennai from Hyderabad to sell if off.

I sold my 5 year old car for Rs.2.05 Lakh and was happy that i got a good deal, but I had to part with it with a heavy heart :(

The Search Begins :

Now, we started searching for a new family member! We were looking for a premium hatchback with a decent boot size and a good fit and finish.

Me and my wife decided not to go in for a Maruti suzuki, as we had already owned one for over 5 years.
Here was the list that we had in mind, In reverse order of preference.

1. Figo
2. Punto
3. i20
4. Fabia
5. Polo 1.2

I didn't want to buy a Hyundai or a Fiat, But, the Hyundai i20 was there on my radar until i decided on the Polo.
We also test drove the Figo when it got launched, but was a big let down in terms of the quality of its interiors and the build quality.

I liked Skoda Fabia a lot as a Car, at the same time, was very much aware of the worthless after sales service and the horror stories of other Skoda owners.
So, Skoda Fabia got unanimously rejected...

The next contestant on the list was the Polo! rather the 'New Polo'.

I took my family in for a test drive and we liked the car a lot!

The main positives that helped us decide the car were :

1. The build quality.
2. The design of the car.
3. The VW brand image. ( My wife like the VW logo a lot! )
4. The interiors fit and finsh of the car. ( It looked a notch above the segment it was in)

The Negatives that we overlooked were :

> The rear leg space - Did'nt really bother for a family of 2+1.
> The After sales sevice which is not known yet.

The Positives overpowered the Negatives, So we finally decided to go in for the Polo and booked the car at the end of July 2010.

The Dealer ( Orion Motors, Hyderabad ) :

The dealership experience was very nice. The sales person Mr.Nagaraj, was very polite and is very knowledable.
At the time of booking itself, I was given a waiting period of 3-4 months and the SP told me that there is no change of an early delivery.
but, I got a call from them, a week after the second month. I got the car delivered a week after that their call, as I had to get my Loan approvals.

Mr. Dhiren Dass, Orion Motors is the Head of Sales for the Hyderabad region. He was very much helpful in resolving some minor issues and getting my Car delivered on the promised time.

Accessories and On-Road :

On-Road, the car costed 7.0 Lakhs and with an extra accessories of Rs.13500/=

Accessories :

1. Mud-flap
2. Rubber floot-mats
3. Car-body Cover
4. Dual-tone ( Black/Beige Seat covers )

The 'D'-Day ie., The Delivery Day!

Went in early to the showroom at 9.40 Am and as I had informed the SP a day earlier about taking the delivery in the morning. All the papers were ready and I had to sign on some papers before taking the delivery. I started the PDI and after which the sales person started explaining the features of the Car. When I saw my car, I was in a state of trance and I was like 'half-listening' to what the SP was explaining...

The Odometer was reading 40 kms. He took about 10-20 minutes explaining and then the car keys was handed over to me.
Everything went on smooth and I was able to take the delivery within an hour.

I take this opportunity to thank the team-bhp forum, which was very helpful in making a decision to buy this car. Am also grateful to all the initial Polo owners who shared their experiences on this forum.

Am enjoying this car to the core and awaiting a long trip on the highway soon.

Last edited by alexkrish : 15th October 2010 at 02:09.
Old 15th October 2010, 02:01   #2
BHPian

Pictures

Here are some initial pics of the car taken during delivery.

The sales person Mr.Nagraj, Orion Motors, Hyderabad.

Last edited by alexkrish : 15th October 2010 at 02:10.
Old 15th October 2010, 07:46   #3
Senior - BHPian

Let me be the first one to congratulate you.
There is a silver Polo in our basement parking and it looks Good.
The description about your decision making process and delivery was brief and crisp. My (and a couple of others) experience with Orion Motors, Hyderabad was pretty bad. As you enjoy more miles with her, put up more details.

Enjoy your car and drive safe.
Old 15th October 2010, 08:12   #4
BHPian

Thanks Adimicra.

The dealer at a point of time convinced us for other colors, but we stuck to the Silver color. I've read your Jazz selection process thread while i was waiting for the Polo and i told my wife that we should also test drive the Jazz once. It was a little over my budget, but sincerely i thought of jumping over from Polo to Jazz. That was mainly because of the long waiting period of the Polo. But my wife was adamant on the Polo and we finally are here. Sorry about your bad experience with Orion Motors, Hyd.

I would definitely update this thread with more details as i clock more miles with this car.

Last edited by alexkrish : 15th October 2010 at 08:14.
Old 15th October 2010, 08:38   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the 1.2 Highline. The silver color looks pretty good. It should not be too difficult to maintain this color compared to white or black.

Do enjoy many more happy miles with the 1.2 Polo
Old 15th October 2010, 10:35   #6
BHPian

CONGRATS Alex!

You better bring the car to chennai once! It looks awesome in silver gray.. :-) My favorite color too. I wrote a review for your old wagonR, and would like to post a review of your Polo too.

Good to see that there was no major hiccups during the booking and delivery. Orion is good in your case. So start driving your polo, take it everywhere. Polo is a very nice car for a family and I always drool whenever I see a Polo on the road. Classy headlights.

(PS : For others - Alex and Me are very good friends.. and we are ex-colleagues)
Old 15th October 2010, 13:34   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hey Alex Congrats!!! post some interior pics as I want to have a look at the seat covers. They look good from outside.Also if possible share the price. Cheers!!!
Old 15th October 2010, 14:01   #8
BHPian

Thanks guys for your wishes.

@nkrishnap, yes, you are right. The Silver on Polo looks bright and reflective ( reflex silver ). In fact, I had to wait for a month for this silver color as it was not available. The dealer said that VW didn't send them even a single Silver highline for the whole of Sep 2010.

@rajeshsundaram, Thanks Rajesh. I am infact enjoying the Polo. The sterring, the gear are very smooth. In fact, when one of my colleague here drove it, he called the gears "Makkan" You are welcome to write a review for Polo too.. btw, i could not find the WagonR review anymore on your website...

@pancham, Thanks. Am also eager to post some pics. Will do it soon after I set my digicam right.

Last edited by alexkrish : 15th October 2010 at 14:06.
Old 15th October 2010, 15:19   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car Alex

Drive safe and happy motoring!!
Old 15th October 2010, 16:58   #10
Senior - BHPian

Congratulation Alex on your VW Polo 1.2.

Please upload more picture - especially the pictures of the interior. And do keep us updated.

I wish you a happy and safe motoring. Always wear your seat-belt.

Amith
Old 15th October 2010, 17:27   #11
BHPian

Congrats, alexkrish!

Both of us have the Polo in the same colour! I think the Reflex Silver looks very well on the Polo and is as understated as the car.

Please get yourself a Jopasu duster from eBay ASAP before you get any swirl marks on the car. I have been using the duster daily and it works great. I only get my car washed once a week.
Old 15th October 2010, 18:01   #12
BHPian

Congratulations Alexkrish! and welcome to Polo club.
Keep sharing your experiences.

@nowwhat?: I will also accept your advice and get a Jopasu duster soon.
Old 15th October 2010, 19:49   #13
Senior - BHPian

Congrats alexkrish! Welcome to the Polo club Drive safe. Do share more pictures and initial experiences.

@nowhat...yes the jopasu duster is an essential thing. I ordered it just yesterday after realizing that cleaning the car with a plain cloth just does not help!
Old 15th October 2010, 20:04   #14
BHPian

Congratulations on the car. Im not sure Im experienced enough to welcome you to the Polo club but welcome

@nowwhat?: you think the electronic dusters are any good?
Old 15th October 2010, 21:05   #15
BHPian

Congratulations!

Hey Alex,

Congrats on finally getting the car. It sure feels great after you have waited to much, adds to the enjoyment levels. Here's wishing you lots of happy miles in your favourite car! :-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks