Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2010, 19:00   #31
BHPian

@Chethan B G: Thats very nice of you

As per the Casku HU unit. Well, I can't really afford that much right now, Im looking to sell of the Stock HU unit in my car and replace it with something more economical. If you have researched may I ask if there are any alternatives?
Old 22nd October 2010, 19:28   #32
BHPian

Exceptional photography that.kudos to your camera work.Happy great miles on that Red revolution..
Polo certainly pulls many eyeballs.The eye for detail in this car is certainly up there in the league of Audi's and BMw's.Regarding the price-You get what you pay for-obviously.
Old 22nd October 2010, 20:06   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anubhavarya View Post
@Chethan B G: Thats very nice of you

As per the Casku HU unit. Well, I can't really afford that much right now, Im looking to sell of the Stock HU unit in my car and replace it with something more economical. If you have researched may I ask if there are any alternatives?
Every solution has it's positives & negatives. If you go through my ownership thread from approximately 40th page, you will get some idea on my research on ICE.

My personal suggestion to you, if you don't mind - You have not compromised while buying the car. Please do not do so WRT ICE. If you are short of cash, wait for some time and get the right one. Or do not change the ICE it-self.

You might find a great ICE for 20k. That is fine. But, if you are not satisfied with the ICE in any respect, no point in buying it just to save some money.
Old 23rd October 2010, 21:58   #34
BHPian

Very well written ownership report, enjoyed reading it ! Have you thought of upgrading the ICE ? What you get along is a basic set-up, you would have been threatened by the service advisers on the warranty void if you upgrade.
Old 23rd October 2010, 22:26   #35
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Anubhav. for your report, photos and offcourse the gr8 VW. Buying a car should be their personal decision, but tbhp will definitely guide and help in shortlisting your choices.
This german engineering is going to increase your automobile passion...
Happy motoring and enjoy the best of VW.
Old 25th October 2010, 13:32   #36
BHPian

Superb dude! Really loved the honesty with which you've justified why an enthusiast buys a car! I totally resonate the same, specially 'cause I've been contemplating buying a new hatch and my heart's been beating fast for Polo too :-) Price notwithstanding, a Polo is what'll be parked in my garage too.

I love being here at TBHP.
Old 25th October 2010, 19:22   #37
BHPian

@binu: First of all thanks, and secondly yes. I am looking at my options for ICE and I haven't found anything within my budget. So I'm gonna have to wait it out. And if the wiring is not cut then the warranty stays intact.

@RGK: Thanks a lot

@CareFreeKid: Thank you so much. Save up for the car, you are not going to regret it. You're gonna love team-bhp even more when you go through some of the threads here
Old 28th October 2010, 05:23   #38
BHPian

For the update, just got sun films. Bought the Garware mirror type sun film for 3200 bucks. And a 3M Paint Protection teflon coating (a total of 4 coats) costing 3000 for the whole thing but I think its totally worth it.
Old 28th October 2010, 10:15   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post

Exteriors:
There is some 'magic ingredient' in the paint which makes it really shine so well.

Cons:

2) Rear seat windows don't open fully. Call it 'child-safety' feature, like never heard before.
Maybe when looking at the magic paint, you might also want to look at the shape of a (square) rear window and the curved door cut line, and try figuring out why the window does not go all the way down in this ( and most other) hatches.
Its got nothing to do with safety. Its got everything to do with fitting a square shape into a rounded hole.
Old 28th October 2010, 10:34   #40
BHPian

Quote:
And a 3M Paint Protection teflon coating (a total of 4 coats) costing 3000 for the whole thing but I think its totally worth it.
3M Paint Protection is from the 3M Company. Teflon on the other hand is from Dupont. So which one did you do?
Old 28th October 2010, 13:04   #41
BHPian

Congrats on your new Polo - looks awesome in red or white - somehow other colors simply dont look very appealing to me.

I completely agree with you on the "want" part - not because its exclusive, not because its new, just because it calls out to your heart.
Practical concerns aside - you will simply want to have a Polo. How I wish VW were able to fulfill that "want".

Have you been able to take it upto 100 kmph or beyond ? How is the steering/road feel & NVH level at those speeds?
Old 28th October 2010, 14:56   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackingride View Post
Maybe when looking at the magic paint, you might also want to look at the shape of a (square) rear window and the curved door cut line, and try figuring out why the window does not go all the way down in this ( and most other) hatches.
Its got nothing to do with safety. Its got everything to do with fitting a square shape into a rounded hole.
You are right dude. I called it 'safety feature' because thats what the VW Sales guys call it. But, it is somehow quite silly that the same window opens fully in the Comfortline and the Highline variants. Atleast, thats what the sales guys said. I don't believe this. Its weird. BTW, the same thing is true for Punto. Punto Active variant's rear glass doesn't open completely, and they also call it 'Safety' feature.

All said and done...there is nothing against this car guys. If you read my first comment, I totally love this car. I wished I had known about its launch when I bought my Vista. Anyways...there is always next time (Hint: Vento)
Old 28th October 2010, 16:30   #43
BHPian

@nowwhat : 3M Paint Protection. Im sorry for the goof up, must have been actively thinking about it while typing
Also I got the Jopasu dusters from ebay, pretty handy stuff that !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
But, it is somehow quite silly that the same window opens fully in the Comfortline and the Highline variants. Atleast, thats what the sales guys said.
Umm, what you just said doesn't make any sense.
Old 28th October 2010, 18:11   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@nowwhat : 3M Paint Protection. Im sorry for the goof up, must have been actively thinking about it while typing

@anubhav: Do you mean its real or not? You should be the best person to comment on this.

Leaving this argument aside...since the day you told me on this thread the logic why the glass can not go in fully, I have observed every car on the road. Most of them have a split glass at the rear, and now I know perfectly why that stupid thing doesn't go inside fully or why it doesn't.

Thanks a ton for the insight.

I explained the logic to other dumbos like me and now all of them are observing every car.
Old 28th October 2010, 18:28   #45
BHPian

Quote:

Anubhav: That reminds me, I have to get another Jopasu duster as the one I have lost much of its effectiveness after a single wash. But the thing is a wonder!

Ajay: The rear glass does not open fully in the Polo Highline and as far as I know in all other Polo variants as well.

No, I don't think it is a feature and has anything to do with safety.

It has to do with the dimension and contour of the rear door and the glass.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks