Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2011, 15:10   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Small & Tall cutie. My new Honda Jazz.

[quote=anilisanil;2224623]wow! Thats a nice car and a nice 2000km update. Sorry if I have missed it in your posts, did you finally go for the windshield films?

Thanks and No I still haven't decided on going for the windshield film. Maybe the Sun isn't that hot for me as yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Based on the above two, it appears that power or lack of it is relative. What may be underpowered for one, may be enough for the other.
I am considering Jazz as my next car (if I can get a good deal), but if overtaking is difficult, then that could be a deal breaker for me.
I agree with you on the 'relative' part, but most of the Jazz owners on the forum do agree on the underpowered 1.2L engine. Its refined and runs butter smooth but it still lacks power when I compare it to my older 1.3L OHC. In either case, as a spacious, fuel-efficient, snob-valued, premium small car - I am loving the Jazz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
IIRC, your CIVIC runs on CNG. Am I right? Any plans to convert your Jazz to CNG as well?

If you get time, can you post a thread on your CIVIC+CNG experience. Believe it or not, I couldn't find relevant discussion on CNG fitted CIVIC on the wholoe net. I don' t know if other people will benefit by it or not, I an game for it.
Jazz wont go under CNG conversion anytime soon. It's a fairly new car (just under 4 months old) and I'll try not to convert it as long as its under warranty. Matter of fact, I recently just had a tranmission/clutch bearing issue and if the Jazz was already converted to CNG, I am sure Honda had a good excuse to throw back at me. More on that later...

Meanwhile, I'll try to take some pictures of the Civic with the Sequential CNG conversion kit and put it up on a new thread, since none exist as yet.
Old 11th February 2011, 15:48   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Meanwhile, I'll try to take some pictures of the Civic with the Sequential CNG conversion kit and put it up on a new thread, since none exist as yet.
In that case, you'll have atleast one guy waiting for it, ME! CIVIC +CNG is a concept not too many have experimented with (somewhat surprisingly as I have seen many CNG Corollas), but I am ready to take my chances if I like it and you confirm that it goes without any fuss. I am waiting...
Old 11th February 2011, 16:17   #33
Senior - BHPian

On a different note, I'll try and continue the discussion on the Transmission/Clutch Release noise, that I had originally posted in the Honda Jazz:Test Drive and Ownership Report Thread, on this thread instead. Easier to relate, I guess.

I gave my car for the 2nd free service on a Saturday morning (10 am) and I was told that the car will be returned to me in 4-5 hrs time. I had specifically mentioned to check the Transmission/Clutch release (T/CR) noise on the To-Do list that the driver had got along with him who had come to pickup my car.

I get a call from Honda Service @ 6 pm that they have finished on the Service but the T/CR noise was indeed present and had yet not been solved. I was asked to leave the car with them until Tuesday evening and by then the problem, in all likehood, would be solved. So I decide not to take the delivery back from the service and leave the car with them until Tuesday.

I call Honda Service @ 7 pm on Tuesday to find out if the problem had been solved and when would I get expect the car back and I was told that they have changed some Clutch release bearings but the noise has still not been corrected. Also, they had by then figured out what the problem could REALLY be and had to open the tranny to change 'some' parts. For that, they needed permission from the Honda company (since the car was still under warranty) and until they recieve official authorization from Honda they cannot open any machine parts. I was requested time until Friday.

Friday evening @ 7 pm I call up Honda service and I figure they have the authorization and they now have an IDEA as to what could be causing the noise, but unfortunately, they do not have the required parts to fix it. They have sent an official mail to the Honda company requesting parts that are needed to solve this issue, which could take 2-3 weeks depending on how soon they their order is being processed by Honda.
I demand on having the car back on that very evening as it is and have it sent back only after the part arrives.

The Jazz is sent back to me at 9 pm and to my utter disbelief has been heavily scratched and a mild dent on the driver side rear bumper. Also, the Trip meter (DTE) read 0. I remember giving the car with atleast 300-350 Rs worth of petrol in it. This got me furious and I called up the Service exec that I had been dealing with while the car was in service and trash talked him up pretty bad for what they had done to my car. Considering 3 months and not a single scratch on the cutie as opposed to 6 days of agony and a big one in the rear, I had it. Surprisingly the same thing (Car goes to service - No scratch, Car comes back after Free Service - 3 scratches) had happened on the 2nd free service on my Civic. I demanded talking to the authorities at Honda as to how their drivers handle cars at the workshop. I was put to ease only after I was confirmed that the car will be scratch free and returned to me latest by 4 pm the next evening. And that REALLY happened. I got the car back on Saturday @ 5 pm - Scratchless, Dentless and how I wanted it.

I had to send an email to Honda on this particular issue as a Service Feedback and I did it. I got a call from the Honda company after a few days confirming the status of the issue and how the problem was escalted to the proper authorities. As of today, the T/CR noise stands.

Anyways, it's been a week since the Jazz is back from the Service centre now and here's the cost break up of the 2nd 'Free' Service:

1. 10W30 Honda Genuine Engine Oil - 3.4L @ Rs. 918.05
2. 3M Consumables - Rs. 269.08
3. Washer Plug Drain - Rs. 18.98
4. 3M Anti-Corrusion Treatment (I got talked into getting this done) - Rs. 3300.

Total damage including VAT + Parts Cost + Service Tax on Labor - Rs. 4846 + Mental Torture + Tension + Agony + Questionable Honda Reliability!

And then they say, Why so Serious?!
Old 12th February 2011, 15:20   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
On a different note, I'll try and continue the discussion on the Transmission/Clutch Release noise, that I had originally posted in the Honda Jazz:Test Drive and Ownership Report Thread, on this thread instead. Easier to relate, I guess.

I gave my car for the 2nd free service on a Saturday morning (10 am) and I was told that the car will be returned to me in 4-5 hrs time. I had specifically mentioned to check the Transmission/Clutch release (T/CR) noise on the To-Do list that the driver had got along with him who had come to pickup my car.

I get a call from Honda Service @ 6 pm that they have finished on the Service but the T/CR noise was indeed present and had yet not been solved. I was asked to leave the car with them until Tuesday evening and by then the problem, in all likehood, would be solved. So I decide not to take the delivery back from the service and leave the car with them until Tuesday.

I call Honda Service @ 7 pm on Tuesday to find out if the problem had been solved and when would I get expect the car back and I was told that they have changed some Clutch release bearings but the noise has still not been corrected. Also, they had by then figured out what the problem could REALLY be and had to open the tranny to change 'some' parts. For that, they needed permission from the Honda company (since the car was still under warranty) and until they recieve official authorization from Honda they cannot open any machine parts. I was requested time until Friday.

Friday evening @ 7 pm I call up Honda service and I figure they have the authorization and they now have an IDEA as to what could be causing the noise, but unfortunately, they do not have the required parts to fix it. They have sent an official mail to the Honda company requesting parts that are needed to solve this issue, which could take 2-3 weeks depending on how soon they their order is being processed by Honda.
I demand on having the car back on that very evening as it is and have it sent back only after the part arrives.

The Jazz is sent back to me at 9 pm and to my utter disbelief has been heavily scratched and a mild dent on the driver side rear bumper. Also, the Trip meter (DTE) read 0. I remember giving the car with atleast 300-350 Rs worth of petrol in it. This got me furious and I called up the Service exec that I had been dealing with while the car was in service and trash talked him up pretty bad for what they had done to my car. Considering 3 months and not a single scratch on the cutie as opposed to 6 days of agony and a big one in the rear, I had it. Surprisingly the same thing (Car goes to service - No scratch, Car comes back after Free Service - 3 scratches) had happened on the 2nd free service on my Civic. I demanded talking to the authorities at Honda as to how their drivers handle cars at the workshop. I was put to ease only after I was confirmed that the car will be scratch free and returned to me latest by 4 pm the next evening. And that REALLY happened. I got the car back on Saturday @ 5 pm - Scratchless, Dentless and how I wanted it.

I had to send an email to Honda on this particular issue as a Service Feedback and I did it. I got a call from the Honda company after a few days confirming the status of the issue and how the problem was escalted to the proper authorities. As of today, the T/CR noise stands.

Anyways, it's been a week since the Jazz is back from the Service centre now and here's the cost break up of the 2nd 'Free' Service:

1. 10W30 Honda Genuine Engine Oil - 3.4L @ Rs. 918.05
2. 3M Consumables - Rs. 269.08
3. Washer Plug Drain - Rs. 18.98
4. 3M Anti-Corrusion Treatment (I got talked into getting this done) - Rs. 3300.

Total damage including VAT + Parts Cost + Service Tax on Labor - Rs. 4846 + Mental Torture + Tension + Agony + Questionable Honda Reliability!

And then they say, Why so Serious?!
Its really very unfortunate that you have to go through all these. I can understand what one goes through when one realises that something is wrong with the car and you are not able to solve it.

But here, the silver lining is that you got your car back with all the scratches and dents removed and they are acknowledging that there is a problem with Transmission in your car and they are working on it. Imagine a situation where they refuse to own up the responsibility for scratches and don't understand the problem in transmission. Who is the dealer in your case.. Emerald or Landmark?

At what milage did you got the second service done. I got it done @ about 3000kms and I wasn't recommended oil change.
Old 13th February 2011, 09:41   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
Its really very unfortunate that you have to go through all these. I can understand what one goes through when one realises that something is wrong with the car and you are not able to solve it.

But here, the silver lining is that you got your car back with all the scratches and dents removed and they are acknowledging that there is a problem with Transmission in your car and they are working on it. Imagine a situation where they refuse to own up the responsibility for scratches and don't understand the problem in transmission. Who is the dealer in your case.. Emerald or Landmark?

At what milage did you got the second service done. I got it done @ about 3000kms and I wasn't recommended oil change.
Dealer in my case is Emerald. But my Civic was bought from Landmark and the Free-Service-Free-Scratch case happened while the Civic was @ the Landmark Workshop. So obviously, no one dealer is better than the other!

I think the Jazz has done some 4200 odd kms. I didn't request nor did the Service guys recommend an oil change. They just went ahead and changed it either way...
Old 6th April 2012, 19:27   #36
Senior - BHPian

Completed 10,000 last week.

No issues so far except the constant rattling of the backseat which I believe is a manufacturing defect. This problem had been solved - a 'jugaad' solution was to cover the hook where the seat locks in with lots of electric tape and grease. The more you use the magic seats to open, fold, lay flat; the sooner the problem crops back again.

I have also encountered a soft, very silent rattling on the driver side window occasionally without any rhyme or reason. It comes on and goes off on its own. As if it has a mind of it's own. I'm not bothered too much about it since I can hardly hear it when the music is on. Also, I don't want the service center to open up the door panel just to check if there's anything loose, only to unfix something and create other problems.

Now, the good part. Although, the Jazz's engine has been a gem and you hardly hear it in idle, I've replaced the engine online and filter with Mobil 1 Synthetic oil and I believe it will only make the engine more silent. The car is being driven not too often but whenever it has, it has been only in the city and I've been consistently getting an average of 15.2 kmpl with the A/C on intermittently. Ofcourse, with a very light foot and very occasional sprints on open roads when i take it out for a drive during the night.

Now's the time for a mod. I am looking for any modification to increase low-end torque, be it an ECU remap, CAI etc. What are the recommended upgrades?

Putting up a couple pictures with the mileage mark and fuel efficiency.
Attached Thumbnails
The Small & Tall cutie. My new Honda Jazz.-jazz.jpg  

The Small & Tall cutie. My new Honda Jazz.-jazz_1.jpg  

Last edited by 9thsphinx : 6th April 2012 at 19:28.
Old 16th May 2012, 11:26   #37
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Hi,
Sorry if this is off-topic, but, my dad's ritz has recently developed the same noise issue with the clutch you've mentioned here. It produces a soft creek whenever the clutch lever is pedaled. We reported the issue to the workshop during our last service. The SA said it should just be a lubrication issue and assured us it will be taken care of. They sprayed a lubricant and delivered the vehicle. In the city, I was unable to hear the noise but once we hit the highway, we figured out that it is still there.

Can you please share any details you can on what the problem was with your jazz and how it was fixed? Appreciate your help. Thanks.
Old 16th May 2012, 17:50   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Completed 10,000 last week.

Now's the time for a mod. I am looking for any modification to increase low-end torque, be it an ECU remap, CAI etc. What are the recommended upgrades?

Putting up a couple pictures with the mileage mark and fuel efficiency.
Any updates on modification part....?
Old 18th May 2012, 10:54   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamz91 View Post
Hi,
Sorry if this is off-topic, but, my dad's ritz has recently developed the same noise issue with the clutch you've mentioned here. It produces a soft creek whenever the clutch lever is pedaled. We reported the issue to the workshop during our last service. The SA said it should just be a lubrication issue and assured us it will be taken care of. They sprayed a lubricant and delivered the vehicle. In the city, I was unable to hear the noise but once we hit the highway, we figured out that it is still there.

Can you please share any details you can on what the problem was with your jazz and how it was fixed? Appreciate your help. Thanks.
My problem was not a creak, it was like a little drone sitting in there and buzzing whenever the clutch was pressed. Apparently, the only way that problem was fixed and it was told to me was that they had to open the entire tranny and clutch, and replace some bearings, re-lubricate and put it all back. That's how they got rid of the noise. Btw, this took over a week and the car was sitting at the dealership while they were waiting on parts to arrive from Honda India.
9thsphinx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2012, 10:59   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
Any updates on modification part....?
Not yet. I really don't know what can be done in the first place and how to go about it.

I would like a FFE, but I don't want the noise to get any louder - love how silent the Jazz rolls

ECU Remap and CAI can be done too, but I cant decide what comes first and how effective these mods would be. All I want is to increase the low-end torque.

Still looking for suggestions.
Old 18th May 2012, 12:19   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not yet. I really don't know what can be done in the first place and how to go about it.

I would like a FFE, but I don't want the noise to get any louder - love how silent the Jazz rolls
Not sure how I missed this thread, but it seems we are pretty much in the same boat in terms of what mods we intend/ plan.

Here is something I started some time ago but got shelved on the back burner due to some other priorities. Please take it forward, I am sure it will be helpful to me too once I find the time

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...onda-jazz.html
Old 7th June 2012, 17:05   #42
Senior - BHPian

Thanks @ selfdrive.

So, finally, taking the first step. Cold Air Intake. I have two options. I was quoted 349 USD for an Injen CAI for the Honda Jazz 1.2L from the US. I talked with Mr Rajesh Nahar from X-Static Concepts, Bangalore and he has offered me the Cosworth CAI kit for 8850 INR. What does make more sense here? Please help me decide.
Old 7th June 2012, 18:39   #43
BHPian

Quote:
So, finally, taking the first step.
I'm also not sure how I missed this thread. Too late but congrtulations on Cutey Beauty!

Please do upload more images! Has 10K service completed? If possible please share service cost/ experiance as well.
Old 8th June 2012, 01:28   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks @ selfdrive.

So, finally, taking the first step. Cold Air Intake. I have two options. I was quoted 349 USD for an Injen CAI for the Honda Jazz 1.2L from the US. I talked with Mr Rajesh Nahar from X-Static Concepts, Bangalore and he has offered me the Cosworth CAI kit for 8850 INR. What does make more sense here? Please help me decide.
Why aren't you considering Pipercross or K & N or BMC?? I had got a quote of roughly 7k for a Pipercross induction kit with plumbing, piping and all, i.e. ~4.5k for the filter and 2.5k for everything else. Even I am looking to improve the low-end performance on my Ritz 1.2 but am still toying with the idea of the mods.

As far as FFE is concerned I would suggest you to wait and see the results with the filter first and then decide whether it is worth it or not.
Old 5th December 2012, 12:22   #45
Senior - BHPian

A tip of the hat for the Honda Jazz.

I drive my Santro to work everyday and it's only on the weekends that I get to choose between the 2-yr old Jazz or the (rather new) Hyundai i20. I usually take the i20 out since it's newer, but whenever I take the Jazz out it brings a smile to my face! The super smooth, silent and ultra-refined engine is unmatchable by hatch standards. Honda has done a remarkable job with this 1.2L i-Vtec engine - it's just that good!

To whoever still thinks that the Jazz is not a VFM product, I beg to differ. However loaded my i20 Asta is with features and gizmos that appeal to my techie brain, the Jazz takes the cake away by winning the heart! The sheer awesomeness of this engine is worth every penny that Honda charges for it. Bring home this little Honda and you won't regret it, is all I got to say.

Small update:

The Jazz has covered a little over 20,000 kms and is running just fine. I had the engine oil replaced to Mobil 1 synthetic oil during the last service. There are no issues except the transmission has got a little hard and it doesn't really slot smoothly in the first and fourth gears - have to get this issue checked out at the next service. Got a couple scratches on the front bumper because a helmet-less cop decided to swerve his bike at the last moment to avoid crashing into an Optra guy who was reversing without looking while talking on his cellphone. Very uncool. FFE mod planned for the first quarter of 2013 - watch this space.
9thsphinx is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks