Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2012, 21:38   #46
BHPian

Re: The Small & Tall cutie. My new Honda Jazz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
A tip of the hat for the Honda Jazz.
To whoever still thinks that the Jazz is not a VFM product, I beg to differ. However loaded my i20 Asta is with features and gizmos that appeal to my techie brain, the Jazz takes the cake away by winning the heart! The sheer awesomeness of this engine is worth every penny that Honda charges for it. Bring home this little Honda and you won't regret it, is all I got to say.

For someone who has zeroed in on the Jazz for a new car, that's VERY satisfying to hear. But have you driven the new Chevy Sail U-VA ? The reviews say it hits Jazz's ride quality out of the ground, its feature loaded and comes cheaper than the Jazz. Our very own tBHP reviewer who himself owns a Jazz has claimed the same. What do you think ?
Old 6th December 2012, 00:15   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
For someone who has zeroed in on the Jazz for a new car, that's VERY satisfying to hear. But have you driven the new Chevy Sail U-VA ? The reviews say it hits Jazz's ride quality out of the ground, its feature loaded and comes cheaper than the Jazz. Our very own tBHP reviewer who himself owns a Jazz has claimed the same. What do you think ?
Slightly OT:

That is true tjacob. While the Jazz is an awesome package overall, there is a steady rise in fan following of the Chevy Sail. Even our T-BHP review has gone on record stating about its excellent ride quality and neutral characteristics.

A friend of mine who TD'd the car recently couldn't stop raving about the engine and the gearbox too. I think you should give it a serious dekko before pulling out your checkbook for the Jazz.
Old 6th December 2012, 00:32   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hasn't the Sail got some pretty awful handling though? And would one ever be able to live with those interiors let alone the slightly bland exterior? IMHO the only thing that looks nice are the dials :P Jazz is a brilliant all round package and at its current price it really is hard to beat I am surprised that few are disappointed by fuel efficiency figures that seem to 17 and above.
Old 6th December 2012, 15:06   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
Slightly OT:

That is true tjacob. While the Jazz is an awesome package overall, there is a steady rise in fan following of the Chevy Sail. Even our T-BHP review has gone on record stating about its excellent ride quality and neutral characteristics.

A friend of mine who TD'd the car recently couldn't stop raving about the engine and the gearbox too. I think you should give it a serious dekko before pulling out your checkbook for the Jazz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Hasn't the Sail got some pretty awful handling though? And would one ever be able to live with those interiors let alone the slightly bland exterior? IMHO the only thing that looks nice are the dials :P Jazz is a brilliant all round package and at its current price it really is hard to beat I am surprised that few are disappointed by fuel efficiency figures that seem to 17 and above.
I for one, swear by TBhp reviews, but since I haven't personally driven the Sail, I cant comment on it much. Although, as a current Jazz owner, I stand by three qualities that are still top notch, in my books, for the Jazz - engine refinement, cabin space and looks. For anything else, you should be looking elsewhere and trying out different options, but if these three are your deciding factors, you cant go wrong with this Honda!

I'd go on to say that the Honda brand carries good badge and resale value too that you probably wouldn't get with a Chevrolet, but that could be debatable. Everyone is making good cars these days
Old 6th December 2012, 15:43   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
I for one, swear by TBhp reviews, but since I haven't personally driven the Sail, I cant comment on it much. Although, as a current Jazz owner, I stand by three qualities that are still top notch, in my books, for the Jazz - engine refinement, cabin space and looks. For anything else, you should be looking elsewhere and trying out different options, but if these three are your deciding factors, you cant go wrong with this Honda!

I'd go on to say that the Honda brand carries good badge and resale value too that you probably wouldn't get with a Chevrolet, but that could be debatable. Everyone is making good cars these days
Totally take your point there Sphinx! No debates. Not many cars come close to the Jazz in those aspects. And I'm not exactly defending the Sail either, especially since I haven't driven it myself yet. However all I'm trying to say is that the same things in cars appeal differently to different individuals. So no harm checking the Chevy out as well before closing your decision, is there? Especially since the car has been garnering accolades from a lot of quarters since its launch.
Old 30th July 2013, 16:40   #51
Senior - BHPian

Just a small heads up for Jazz owners and specifically ones looking to install a CAI on their cars. I've done close to 5k after the CAI installation and I can safely say the average has gone down a bit. When I was on the stock filter the onboard FE reading was hovering around the 15 mark. This was while it was driven 100% in the city.

Post installation it has come down to 12.9 and seems to have settled there. Once again this is with 100% city driving with 100% AC. Highway figures go all the way up to 19!

Reasons could be technical or purely because of the fact that I tend to drive more spiritedly post the CAI installation. I've always tried to fill her up at a Shell pump. So I know it's not the quality of fuel.

No other problems till date. Just some battle scars as shown below.
Attached Thumbnails
The Small & Tall cutie. My new Honda Jazz.-img_20130720_174325.jpg  

The Small & Tall cutie. My new Honda Jazz.-img_20130720_174320.jpg  

The Small & Tall cutie. My new Honda Jazz.-img_20130720_174335.jpg  

The Small & Tall cutie. My new Honda Jazz.-img_20130720_174346.jpg  

The Small & Tall cutie. My new Honda Jazz.-img_20130720_174420.jpg  

The Small & Tall cutie. My new Honda Jazz.-img_20130720_174428.jpg  

The Small & Tall cutie. My new Honda Jazz.-img_20130720_174440.jpg  

The Small & Tall cutie. My new Honda Jazz.-img_20130720_174451.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks