Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2010, 17:19   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
First service is more of a formality. So don't worry about it. They will check the fluid levels and wash the car - that's it!
I agree more or less with your observations.
Though you are in the running-in period, 2K rpm is way too low I feel. Anyway, you have completed the first 1000 kms, so start revving your engine harder. I have posted my recommendations in my ownership thread.
I have scrapped a speed-breaker once - I heard from different car owners that they too have scrapped it.So, I would say GC is not great but par for the course.
Regarding the incline thing - when you stopped, did you downshift to 1st? Or you tried to move in 2nd? You should always downshift to 1st if you are stopping in an incline. I have faced this sort of situation several times and didn't face any issues. You might have to press the throttle little hard
You know what - another person in facebook contacted me (new driver, 1st car) with the same issue only to find out later that he was being too gentle with his new car and it was just a matter of using a heavier foot
Whenever i had to stop on incline always shifted to 1st gear. You are right about the being gentle with the new car. Once the 1st service is complete will start to press the throttle a little hard and see what the response is.
Old 1st November 2010, 17:58   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrooze View Post
FE for the 1st 400 odd kms was app 13km/pl (100% A/c) this is based on tank full to tank full method. This is respectable according to me.

Will this figure go up after the 1st service or will it remain the same, other Jazz owners please provide your feedback?
That's a pretty good figure, considering the fact that your A/C was on 100% of the time. You shouldn't be complaining! Our initial FE figures were disappointing. We managed just about 10 km to the litre on a few occasions and a little more than that later on. Our A/C is always on as well and these figures represent city driving only!

Quote:
Had done a trip of about 430 km this weekend with 5 adults and one child. Below are some of the observations:
Quote:
4) Power: Due to break in period made sure was running about 2k rpm. But must say it is very difficult to maintain. I has some issues when car had to come to halt on a incline it would start to move only after 2.5k rpm and not below it.
As this is my 1st car this can be due to my inexperience or is it the issue with car engine as low end does not have much of a juice. other owners who are experts will be able to through light on this.
Quote:
Whenever i had to stop on incline always shifted to 1st gear. You are right about the being gentle with the new car. Once the 1st service is complete will start to press the throttle a little hard and see what the response is.
You're in for a royal treat, Scrooze! Once you're done with your running-in period, and once you free her up, you'll realize that the Jazz's power comes later in the rev-range. You're going to have a field day with her once you figure out her sweet-spots. Power comes in dollops once you cross 3k RPM. She absolutely flies, it's phenomenal!

When you are crawling over an incline, make sure that you're slotted into first, release the clutch enough and to the extent where it begins to bite and at this point, give it some throttle. You have to throttle this car to get it over an incline. It's sad that there isn't enough bottom-end but it more than compensates for the lack of power once you get it beyond 3k RPM.

Quote:
7) Low Ground clearance : During the trip did scrap the underbody of Jazz at one of the speed breakers and heart stopped for a moment. But the manner in which speed breaker was laid down was not proper.
This is a problem. Our Jazz hasn't really scraped its underbelly that often. If I can recall correctly, our Jazz hit its under-carriage once inside our area and that's because we didn't take proper care while negotiating the speed-breaker.

You can tackle any speed-breaker within the city by just negotiating it smoothly. If you're unsure and if you feel that it's too high, go over the speed-breaker diagonally - in such a way that each wheel goes over it one at a time.

As Admicra had mentioned, don't worry about the first service. It's just a formality.
Old 3rd November 2010, 15:11   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
That's a pretty good figure, considering the fact that your A/C was on 100% of the time. You shouldn't be complaining! Our initial FE figures were disappointing. We managed just about 10 km to the litre on a few occasions and a little more than that later on. Our A/C is always on as well and these figures represent city driving only!

10km/pl is a bit on the lower side. But to my surprise there was not much difference in FE for the long drive. We got FE of 13.5 again with 100% A/c. But this can also be due to the fact there were some ghat section and some bad roads.

Quote:
You're in for a royal treat, Scrooze! Once you're done with your running-in period, and once you free her up, you'll realize that the Jazz's power comes later in the rev-range. You're going to have a field day with her once you figure out her sweet-spots. Power comes in dollops once you cross 3k RPM. She absolutely flies, it's phenomenal!
After the 1st service was done i am now pushing the car and now i understand what you and Adi are talking about. But i think 1st time car owners like me need to be more careful as car ZOOMS afters 3K rpm.

Quote:
You can tackle any speed-breaker within the city by just negotiating it smoothly. If you're unsure and if you feel that it's too high, go over the speed-breaker diagonally - in such a way that each wheel goes over it one at a time.
Point noted will take care of the same in future

Quote:
As Admicra had mentioned, don't worry about the first service. It's just a formality.
Ya as mentioned by you and Adi 1st service was just a formality. It took 3hrs and car was delivered to me.
Old 3rd November 2010, 20:04   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Bottom or up? I think in my case as well the sound is coming from the seats only, most probably from the top.
What is the fix? Can you please post a pic of the same?
Same problem on my end. All I know is that its the Magic Seat rattle. Can you post up some pictures and how-to for the fix please for us all who're having this issue?
Old 3rd November 2010, 20:13   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
10km/pl is a bit on the lower side. But to my surprise there was not much difference in FE for the long drive. We got FE of 13.5 again with 100% A/c. But this can also be due to the fact there were some ghat section and some bad roads.
It's actually not that bad. Although it is on the lower side, yes. But when my father visited Srirangpatna recently, we recorded an astonishing 19.5 km/l! We were seriously stunned! 5th gear doing 80-90 gives you the best mileage! And despite mileage being its strong point, it can keep up with more powerful and larger cars as well! I love our Jazz more and more everyday!
Old 4th November 2010, 12:32   #36
BHPian

Quote:
You are spot on. You gotta rev it hard and see the fun of Honda engines. I am rediscovering this fun after almost 3 years with my new Jazz.
Old 8th November 2010, 20:55   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
You are spot on. You gotta rev it hard and see the fun of Honda engines. I am rediscovering this fun after almost 3 years with my new Jazz.
Yup Car is lot more fun to drive now.

Time for the 1st upgrade. Initally was thinking for Sun films 1st and then for seat covers but as it should not be that hot for next 2 months, so now thinking of 1st getting seat covers.

Any suggestions will be helpful????
Old 8th November 2010, 21:05   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yup Car is lot more fun to drive now.

Time for the 1st upgrade. Initally was thinking for Sun films 1st and then for seat covers but as it should not be that hot for next 2 months, so now thinking of 1st getting seat covers.

Any suggestions will be helpful????
Interested in faux leather or genuine? Or just a different fabric? It all depends on your budget, my friend. The Stanley leather seat-covers in our Jazz set us back by a cool 35k-40k I think. Although they were expensive, they were totally worth it, IMO!
Old 9th November 2010, 12:38   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Interested in faux leather or genuine? Or just a different fabric? It all depends on your budget, my friend. The Stanley leather seat-covers in our Jazz set us back by a cool 35k-40k I think. Although they were expensive, they were totally worth it, IMO!
Saw your Car with Seat covers and it looks great.
Currently thinking of getting Art Leather as Budget is around 10K. Thinking for Gsports need to check if i can get door trims also as was done in your car. Have checked with some local delaers and was advised that for Jazz seat covers do not come with door trims. Door trims are already getting dirty.
Old 15th November 2010, 17:09   #40
BHPian

1st In perfection to my Jewel!!!!!!!

It was a two lane busy street with no divider in between. Had just started to move, the car must have been around 20 kmph then suddenly auto person decides he needs to go to the other side of the road. So he just takes a U turn from the left side without checking if there are oncoming vehicles. Had seen him so moved car to left of it but could not avoid Car Right front bumper from having a French Kiss with auto and heart stooped . This resulted in scratches on the front right side of the bumper. As speed was slow no one was hurt but car had a major burse and a small part of the bumper has a dent (Not a major one thought)

Still to come out of it completely but again if you own a car these incidents are due to happen especially in cities with lot of Auto and Bikes. Went today morning to Honda Showroom to get the car checked and it was confirmed nothing else has been damaged and It will require front bumper painting. I was given a quotation of 5K + Tax for getting front bumper repainted. Also the head of denting and painting shop told that it was better to get the bumper replaced as the portion where there was crack paint my come out again in Future. Cost of front Bumper was 2.5K including taxes. So total cost may go up to 5K + Taxes + 2.5K

Then went to a local paint shop which I know does a good Job and he told should cost about 1.5K for the touch up Job.

So now this is where I require help:

1)Whether to getting it done from dealer or local paint shop?
2) If need to get it done from dealer should I also get the front bumper replaced?

No pictures were taken as did not wanted to see Jewel having some imperfections in future.
Old 15th November 2010, 17:36   #41
BHPian

Quote:
It was a two lane busy street with no divider in between. Had just started to move, the car must have been around 20 kmph then suddenly auto person decides he needs to go to the other side of the road. So he just takes a U turn from the left side without checking if there are oncoming vehicles. Had seen him so moved car to left of it but could not avoid Car Right front bumper from having a French Kiss with auto and heart stooped . This resulted in scratches on the front right side of the bumper. As speed was slow no one was hurt but car had a major burse and a small part of the bumper has a dent (Not a major one thought)

Still to come out of it completely but again if you own a car these incidents are due to happen especially in cities with lot of Auto and Bikes. Went today morning to Honda Showroom to get the car checked and it was confirmed nothing else has been damaged and It will require front bumper painting. I was given a quotation of 5K + Tax for getting front bumper repainted. Also the head of denting and painting shop told that it was better to get the bumper replaced as the portion where there was crack paint my come out again in Future. Cost of front Bumper was 2.5K including taxes. So total cost may go up to 5K + Taxes + 2.5K

Then went to a local paint shop which I know does a good Job and he told should cost about 1.5K for the touch up Job.

2) If need to get it done from dealer should I also get the front bumper replaced?

No pictures were taken as did not wanted to see Jewel having some imperfections in future.
Sorry to hear about the incident. My experience of local paint shops is a mixed bag. If the local paint shop is good then there is no harm in going to them. In your case paint job is for bumper therefore there is a risk of only about 1.5k. So you may try out the local paint shop.
Old 15th November 2010, 17:48   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Saw your Car with Seat covers and it looks great.
Currently thinking of getting Art Leather as Budget is around 10K. Thinking for Gsports need to check if i can get door trims also as was done in your car. Have checked with some local delaers and was advised that for Jazz seat covers do not come with door trims. Door trims are already getting dirty.
Thank you Scrooze!

It is a pain maintaning them though. We've made it quite strict, no eatables and beverages allowed inside! So we've kept the dirt to a minimum. It isn't hard to clean either so that's a bonus!

Quote:
It was a two lane busy street with no divider in between...

...for the touch up Job.

I'm sorry about the incident.

Well, we prefer taking ours to the service station and getting it done there. But if it's a very minor thing, then we leave it as it is or just get a touch-up outside i.e. locally. If it's a major thing though, we get it done immediately. We hate dents on our cars, heck no one would like 'em!
Old 15th November 2010, 22:27   #43
BHPian

@scrooze
sorry to hear about the shunt, good thing is that it is as you say nothing too major.
in that case it is better to get it done outside the dealership which works out to be pretty cheap in comparison to the dealership.
drive safe

@suhaas
wish i could apply that policy of no eatables or beverages in the car to my family but they just don't listen to me as moms parantha's are too tasty to resist on a long drive
so its a good thing i have black seat covers.
Old 16th November 2010, 19:12   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
Sorry to hear about the incident. My experience of local paint shops is a mixed bag. If the local paint shop is good then there is no harm in going to them. In your case paint job is for bumper therefore there is a risk of only about 1.5k. So you may try out the local paint shop.

Quote:
I'm sorry about the incident.

Well, we prefer taking ours to the service station and getting it done there. But if it's a very minor thing, then we leave it as it is or just get a touch-up outside i.e. locally. If it's a major thing though, we get it done immediately. We hate dents on our cars, heck no one would like 'em!
Quote:
Originally Posted by superboy44 View Post
@scrooze
sorry to hear about the shunt, good thing is that it is as you say nothing too major.
in that case it is better to get it done outside the dealership which works out to be pretty cheap in comparison to the dealership.
drive safe

@suhaas
wish i could apply that policy of no eatables or beverages in the car to my family but they just don't listen to me as moms parantha's are too tasty to resist on a long drive
so its a good thing i have black seat covers.
Taking the car to a local paint shop this Saturday to get the touch up job will inform about the outcome.

Sushass after reading about moms parantha's there is water in my mouth somthing like the old Dhara add where little boy say "Jelabiii"
Old 4th December 2010, 18:25   #45
BHPian

congratulations!! i took delivery of my new Jazz last week from Apex as well. Same sapphire Blue colour too! So far the family and i are loving it!

What fuel are you using in it? The dealer told me not to use Speed or Power.....i thought that was required for all new cars?!

Most Viewed