Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2010, 21:24   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Doesn't look much clean and BTW, how are we going to take out the spare,guessing that it's under the 3rd row.
Old 1st November 2010, 22:28   #47
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
Venture with middle row and rear row folded:

Wow, There seems to be a lot more Head and Leg room in this van than any in the segment.

Certainly well put together than its Maruti Siblings.

Guys, its time, we need a comprehensive TD report of this exciting package from TATA.
Old 1st November 2010, 23:05   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I think it would do well in most markets.
My thoughts exactly. It would find a place in every business. People mover, cattle mover, fodder mover. Don't about people but it would turn out to be a pickup rather than a car/van.
Old 2nd November 2010, 20:44   #49
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
Why does TML design department have an obsession with chrome? Venture will look a lot better without those chrome stripes.
Simply because research has proven that Indians love chrome . Apparently, the masses associate chrome with "premium" and "good looking"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
A 8 Seater with an A/C and a diesel
And unfortunately, no disc brakes! This could be a potentially dangerous vehicle with a full load of passengers.

Nevertheless, a good attempt by Tata at the sub 4 lakh utility segment.

Quote:
Versa will soon be a history .
Actually, it already is . The Versa is now the Eeco which is doing respectably well.
Old 3rd November 2010, 20:54   #50
BHPian

Thanks for the update Akhilesh.

GTO / SidIndica, where is the Pricelist scoop :-)

I think they should provide Zeta or Fiat 1.2 engine with Petrol option. As there are people buying Petrol innova and their immediate competitor EECO is petrol, there will be takers for it.

They can even plan a sports version with 1.3 Quadrajet (90BHP), 4 wheel disk brake, ABS / EBD, TC and DC designed Macho Sports Van for enthusiasts.
Old 4th November 2010, 21:55   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
A 8 Seater with an A/C and a diesel too
Versa will soon be a history .
Versa now is Eeco. It is true that venture is a better vehicle than Eeco. But the pricing of venture will decide its success. Kindly refer a recent news about the pricing of venture :
Tata Venture to launch in Nov at price Rs. 4.5-6.5 lac (appr.)|Newz24x7

As the reports says, if venture is priced from 4.5 lakhs to 6 lakhs, who will buy it ? Maruti Eeco price starts below 3 lakhs for the base version. Venture can become a success only if the basic version comes below 3 lakhs. Otherwise, the same story of winger will repeat.

The above news is not likely to be true, since tata venture is going to be positioned below winger and tata want to compete with maruti omni and maruti Eeco.

I am waiting for the launch of tata venture. If the full option venture is above 4 lakhs, I will opt maruti Eeco since diesel and petrol costs are very near. Only 10 rupees difference approx in kerala. Added to this, the reputation of maruti also I get.

Last edited by KMohanan : 4th November 2010 at 21:58.
Old 4th November 2010, 22:36   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMohanan View Post
Maruti Eeco price starts below 3 lakhs for the base version. Venture can become a success only if the basic version comes below 3 lakhs.
Eeco is selling because of its price point. But there will be customers who are willing to pay more for a better vehicle. In that scenario, Venture may not kill the Eeco, but both will sell in considerable numbers. I personally do not see Venture and Winger co-exist after an year from the lauch of Venture. But i guess current Winger owners dont need to worry as it is nothing but a 407.
Old 4th November 2010, 23:09   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
But i guess current Winger owners dont need to worry as it is nothing but a 407.
I thought winger is originally a renault product.

I don't think tata will price venture at eeco levels.
Old 7th November 2010, 15:11   #54
BHPian

I think that the vehicle would sell well if priced in the 4-5 lakhs price range. The 475DI is a very frugal and reliable diesel mill, and you can't expect not to pay a premium for diesel. That said, a petrol/LPG/CNG version with the 1.2L Safire would be a good option too.

The fact is, there is simply no other diesel vehicle in this price range that can transport 8 people. (There's the Premier Sigma, but I've seen exactly one of them on road and that one is the dealer's demo car) And a price difference of even 10/L would mean a lot for high mileage users like taxis. I wouldn't consider the Venture as a personal vehicle until I see the quality of a regular production vehicle, but it makes sense as a people mover.
Old 8th November 2010, 17:19   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But i guess current Winger owners dont need to worry as it is nothing but a 407.
It has nothing in common with 407.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbender View Post
I thought winger is originally a renault product.
True. It's a phased-out model of Renault panel van. Tata got the dies and fixtures at cheap rates since the model had been phased out by Renault.
Old 8th November 2010, 23:42   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
It has nothing in common with 407.

True. It's a phased-out model of Renault panel van. Tata got the dies and fixtures at cheap rates since the model had been phased out by Renault.
I meant the engine and the underpinnings are that of 407. Only the body shell is that of Renaults. I always thought this is a stop gap arrangement till TM come up with a genuine 8-12 seater passenger version to compete againt Tempo Traveler. I am not sure venture is the new vehicle or something else is in the pipe line.
Old 8th November 2010, 23:49   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Don't think so @teamveevee, the only thing Tata bits in the winger is the Sumo TCIC engine and the badging. Reast all,straight lift from the Renault.
Nothing to do with the 407.
Yes, am too looking forward to a van from Tata competing with the Tempo Traveller,one indigenously developed for our conditions,rather than one plucked from european streets.
Old 10th November 2010, 12:09   #58
Senior - BHPian

I saw the venture today. Only a quick glimpse, as it zoomed passed me on the other side of the road. It reminded me of the VW Minibus.
Old 10th November 2010, 15:16   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Don't think so @teamveevee, the only thing Tata bits in the winger is the Sumo TCIC engine and the badging. Reast all,straight lift from the Renault. Nothing to do with the 407. Yes, am too looking forward to a van from Tata competing with the Tempo Traveller,one indigenously developed for our conditions,rather than one plucked from european streets.
Quote:
I meant the engine and the underpinnings are that of 407. Only the body shell is that of Renaults. I always thought this is a stop gap arrangement till TM come up with a genuine 8-12 seater passenger version to compete againt Tempo Traveler. I am not sure venture is the new vehicle or something else is in the pipe line.
Tata had designed a monocoque van based on 207 Tatamobile platform in early 1990s. However, for some reason, it was never launched. It was called CALYPSO. It had the same engine as the Winger.
Old 10th November 2010, 17:16   #60
Senior - BHPian

Guys, lets not go OT. Let's stick to the topic of Venture only. Discussion about winger can be done in the Winger thread.

Topic related: Can we please have some more pictures of the top end model of Venture? Not the expo model, but the one which is launched.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks