Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2011, 15:15   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: My F10 BMW 530d - Wise or Blunder? Only time shall tell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Next car, eh?
I'm sure you could replace the laura with the new 3 towards the end of the year / Early next year

Coming back to the reverse issue, was even worst today when I had to back up for about 45 meters and the car was hesitating a lot to back up, I hope this isn't a sign of workshop visit, will observe a little more and then decide. Also what thread are you referring to? I don't see any link to the thread you are talking about?

And about your dad finding the car Jerky it could have two issues,

1. Either some bad fuel,

Or the driver was trying to push with little space ahead for which he probably had to keep braking quickly?

But am not sure do give more details.

Regards,
Old 24th April 2011, 19:26   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
I'm sure you could replace the laura with the new 3 towards the end of the year / Early next year
You are a good man, God bless you!

Quote:
Coming back to the reverse issue, was even worst today when I had to back up for about 45 meters and the car was hesitating a lot to back up, I hope this isn't a sign of workshop visit, will observe a little more and then decide. Also what thread are you referring to? I don't see any link to the thread you are talking about?
Sorry forgot to paste (#35 post)
F10 Owners, does your car hesitate or jerk at 0-10 mph?? - 2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10

Quote:
Or the driver was trying to push with little space ahead for which he probably had to keep braking quickly?
Could be the driver being too cautious in the unruly traffic. Will test it out and post more details.
Old 5th September 2011, 19:34   #48
BHPian

S350L-E240 !!

Its been a while since i wrote here. But i'm almost closing my deal on the 530d here in Pune. The updated 530 is really really awesome !

Its missing the analogue TV function though ! Not that its a deal breaker but was hoping that it might be useful at the time of a cricket match at least once

The additions are real sweet ! Navigation and HUD are bang on !

Does your car's LCD display light up with a lined pattern all over below the speedo and tacho ? I found the whole fascia of the speedo and tacho quite jazzed up as compared to what you have put up in your review. Does your car have an on-board Hard drive too ?

well i'm extremely keyed up to buy this one...what discounts did you get on it when you bought yours? Did you go for BSI or just BMW Secure ? Did you think of a spare wheel ful sied or space saver ??

I'm sorry for the deluge of questions again...but you know how exciting this time can be !!

Thanks again !
Cheers !
Old 5th September 2011, 20:25   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselite View Post
S350L-E240 !!

Its been a while since i wrote here. But i'm almost closing my deal on the 530d here in Pune. The updated 530 is really really awesome !

Its missing the analogue TV function though ! Not that its a deal breaker but was hoping that it might be useful at the time of a cricket match at least once

Does your car's LCD display light up with a lined pattern all over below the speedo and tacho ? I found the whole fascia of the speedo and tacho quite jazzed up as compared to what you have put up in your review. Does your car have an on-board Hard drive too ?

well i'm extremely keyed up to buy this one...what discounts did you get on it when you bought yours? Did you go for BSI or just BMW Secure ? Did you think of a spare wheel ful sied or space saver ??

I'm sorry for the deluge of questions again...but you know how exciting this time can be !!

Thanks again !
Cheers !
Hey!!

i am also closing my deal on the 5 series. I am telling you just press the dealer hard here in Delhi i m getting a great discount. I know the owner so that can be a advantage

Let me know what are you getting ?
Bsi package for 5 years with 60,000km = 2,11,000/- and secure for 68000/-
Old 5th September 2011, 20:37   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARSC View Post
Hey!!

i am also closing my deal on the 5 series. I am telling you just press the dealer hard here in Delhi i m getting a great discount. I know the owner so that can be a advantage

Let me know what are you getting ?
Bsi package for 5 years with 60,000km = 2,11,000/- and secure for 68000/-
hey ARSC,

BMW secure is 58491 and BSI depends on whether its ultimate or plus.

What is a good discount on this car ? (530d)

waiting to hear from you too S350-E240.

cheers
Dieselite
Old 10th September 2011, 00:09   #51
Senior - BHPian

Dieselite,

Deepest apologies for not being able to reply, do PM me or quote me next time as this completely went un noticed and which also reminds me now that my car is over 9000 Kms I could post a report as the first service is due.

Coming to your questions, Yes 530d is really wonderful, and no you do not need to wait for the enhanced engine, and on a side note why dont you consider the X3 Xdrive30d? Will offer you the new engine with a lot more practicality and a wonderful panorama sun roof!

And for live cricket updates you can always use Idea 3G? (kidding)

And Stop making me feel so bad, no my car does not have the wonderful new black panel instrument cluster, nor do I have HUD, which is something I seriously miss, but yes I do have a tiny hard disc I think 20GB lol,

No I did not buy BSI, and the dealer gave me Insurance + Secure free. Nor have I thought of a spare wheel as there is no space in the boot not even for a space saver so every time I go out of town I just keep my fingers crossed!

And this is exciting, a great moment let me know if there is anything else I can help with PM me, I officially could be the after sales support for the F10 at this rate!

Have a wonderful drive, this car will not disappoint in any manner,

Regards,

Quote:
S350L-E240 !!

Thanks again !
Cheers !
Old 10th September 2011, 00:23   #52
BHPian

S350L-E240....you are a LIFE saver !

When someone makes these auto buying decisions easy, that is what they should be called !

no intentions to make you feel bad dude ! (even though i'm sure that was a bit of humor !)

You just closed a 530d deal for BMW ! sans the BSI and any kind of spare wheel !

i'm following your suggestions blindly then !

cheers !
dieselite

Quote:
Dieselite,

Deepest apologies for not being able to reply, do PM me or quote me next time as this completely went un noticed and which also reminds me now that my car is over 9000 Kms I could post a report as the first service is due.

Coming to your questions, Yes 530d is really wonderful, and no you do not need to wait for the enhanced engine, and on a side note why dont you consider the X3 Xdrive30d? Will offer you the new engine with a lot more practicality and a wonderful panorama sun roof!

And for live cricket updates you can always use Idea 3G? (kidding)

And Stop making me feel so bad, no my car does not have the wonderful new black panel instrument cluster, nor do I have HUD, which is something I seriously miss, but yes I do have a tiny hard disc I think 20GB lol,

No I did not buy BSI, and the dealer gave me Insurance + Secure free. Nor have I thought of a spare wheel as there is no space in the boot not even for a space saver so every time I go out of town I just keep my fingers crossed!

And this is exciting, a great moment let me know if there is anything else I can help with PM me, I officially could be the after sales support for the F10 at this rate!

Have a wonderful drive, this car will not disappoint in any manner,

Regards,

Last edited by Dieselite : 10th September 2011 at 00:47.
Dieselite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2011, 11:57   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, I strongly suggest on getting the BSI pack. It has been worth every penny for me. Unless ofcourse your running is low then avoid it.
Old 10th September 2011, 12:51   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

I took the BSI. Just one bad glitch can recover the entire cost of BSI esp if you plan to keep the car for 5 yrs.

I also bought a full spare wheel and jack. Cost me 60K-ish I think (details on my 520D thread) - I am not happy about it because I need to load/unload the big fat tyre for each long drive but small price to pay for the peace of mind (family man with kids on board). Maybe I should keep the tyre permanently in the boot, but its OK as my long drives are just 20% or less.

If I were in the market now, would have gone for 530D because of more gadgets When I bought 520D, the feature gap was primarily the engine block.
Old 10th September 2011, 23:47   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Guys, I strongly suggest on getting the BSI pack. It has been worth every penny for me. Unless ofcourse your running is low then avoid it.
Sahil! When was the last time I read you praising the BSI pack? You are one mighty positive word of mouth campaigner. For me, I am mighty satisfied customer as well.Androdev: There is a space saver available as well now. It is available since June. Less than half the price if you are wary of carrying the full size wheel.
Old 11th September 2011, 00:34   #56
Senior - BHPian

BeamerBoy,

Thanks a lot for this information, is this space saver available from BMW itself? Also does it come with any kind of clamps etc. to keep it stable as I do not see any space in the boot to ever fit one?

Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamerBoy View Post
Sahil! When was the last time I read you praising the BSI pack? You are one mighty positive word of mouth campaigner. For me, I am mighty satisfied customer as well.Androdev: There is a space saver available as well now. It is available since June. Less than half the price if you are wary of carrying the full size wheel.
Old 11th September 2011, 07:54   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamerBoy View Post
Good to know that the space saver is made available now. I had thought of waiting for it when I bought the full wheel, but since there is no wheel well in F10, there is no huge advantage of a space saver because it is still going to look as silly sitting in the boot.

Quote:
BeamerBoy,

Thanks a lot for this information, is this space saver available from BMW itself? Also does it come with any kind of clamps etc. to keep it stable as I do not see any space in the boot to ever fit one?

Regards,
You have to buy some "S" hooks and bungee chord :( The boot has just two hooks on the floor one on each side. I haven't yet done that because the full wheel is pretty heavy and usually on long drivers, the boot is stuffed with bags so there is no play.
Old 11th September 2011, 14:06   #58
BHPian

S350L-E240

The space saver has been quoted for 38000 including the wheel & tools. The clamps etc should be a part of the tool kit hopefully.

The sales rep is saying that a puncture kit is a better buy (includes a compressor and a puncture sealant). Any clue on that ?

androdev

When you lug the full size spare in the boot does it fit snugly in the width of the boot closer to the rear seat ? (the boot gets narrower towards the rear seats). How much space is left on top of the spare wheel ?

Also i will be using the car approx 15000 km maximum in the year. Realistically it should be around 10k to 12k. Is it worth to go for any BSI. The standard warranty runs off at 2 years (unlimited mileage)

cheers
dieselite

Quote:
BeamerBoy,

Regards,

Last edited by Dieselite : 11th September 2011 at 14:18.
Old 11th September 2011, 14:35   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
S350L-E240

The space saver has been quoted for 38000 including the wheel & tools. The clamps etc should be a part of the tool kit hopefully.
No clamps, etc. come as part of the kit. The only option is to tie the stuff with a rope or net. See the pic in the link given below.

Quote:
The sales rep is saying that a puncture kit is a better buy (includes a compressor and a puncture sealant). Any clue on that ?
You get that same compressor outside for Rs.1200-ish. BMW one costs 10K? I say skip all the duct-tape fixes and go for the spare-tyre option. There is no 2nd guessing whether a spare tyre will do its job or not :-) I bought such a compressor - very noisy, slow to fill up.

Quote:
androdev

When you lug the full size spare in the boot does it fit snugly in the width of the boot closer to the rear seat ? (the boot gets narrower towards the rear seats). How much space is left on top of the spare wheel ?

cheers
dieselite
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2348658

E39 M5 Spare Wheel & Tire Package on eBay - The Unofficial BMW M5 Messageboard (m5board.com)

This is exactly how it fits. I haven't done the rope thingy, but gives you an idea about the space. In my car, I can fit a standard airport checkin bag on top of this wheel. I guess if you go for space-saver, you get some extra luggage space on top of the wheel. I did not find this as a huge penalty to boot space, just looks ugly.

Lack of wheel well makes the space saver less attractive. A bit cheaper but still as ugly as a full wheel spare and doesn't allow you to do normal speeds.

Last edited by androdev : 11th September 2011 at 14:46.
Old 11th September 2011, 14:55   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Lovely thread S350L. I always assumed from your handle that you were a Benz man, so was pleasantly surprised to see that you are in fact a Bimmer-lover

The 530D is my dream car, and maybe someday...! Till then will haunt these forums and live vicariously.

Do post your first service experience when you have the time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks