Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2011, 15:53   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: My F10 BMW 530d - Wise or Blunder? Only time shall tell!

Thanks for the info Dieselite, looks like there are people who know BMW a lot better than me, maybe thats cause I have mostly ignored the Run Flat issue and for reasons I cannot justify I think its a wonderful concept besides the only fact that we don't have places to repair it all over the country and like GTO has spoken often Bombay - Goa and mid-way you have a flat you get stuck?

I've done 9000 Kms until now and 30% has been outstation and touch wood no issues until now, and about taking a BSI like everyone has said depends on how long you keep the car, but one thing do take note if you do not wish to empty your pockets right away you can wait until your first service to plonk down the extras!

Androdev,

I really can never do what you have done, mostly when we travel some tiny bags have to be squeezed in the car itself , so will perhaps look at this space saver option but really BMW India can and should modify the boot for India to integrate a space saver or similar. Or have a lot of authorized type places at various places in the country I'm sure it is do able considering there are about 15K+ and counting BMW's on the roads in India?

noopster,

Am a Mercedes-Benz Boy for life, but do not trust them in India, nor do I have any faith in their after sales for India, and their dealer in Ahmedabad does not add any comfort either and would not buy the E-Class in this generation at all for me the E-Class was a lost case from the day I saw it, infact in many posts I mentioned once the F10 comes in the W212 can say bye bye, and right now they have such a hard time pulling out the E-Classes even with 5 lac off on the E350CDI/350.

And I applaud BMW and it's dealers, touch wood.

Regards,

And about 530d being you dream, let me know if you ever travel to this side of the country we sure could take it for a spin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselite View Post
S350L-E240

The space saver has been quoted for 38000 including the wheel & tools. The clamps etc should be a part of the tool kit hopefully.

The sales rep is saying that a puncture kit is a better buy (includes a compressor and a puncture sealant). Any clue on that ?

cheers
dieselite
Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
No clamps, etc. come as part of the kit. The only option is to tie the stuff with a rope or net. See the pic in the link given below.

You get that same compressor outside for Rs.1200-ish. BMW one costs 10K? I say skip all the duct-tape fixes and go for the spare-tyre option.
Lack of wheel well makes the space saver less attractive. A bit cheaper but still as ugly as a full wheel spare and doesn't allow you to do normal speeds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Lovely thread S350L. I always assumed from your handle that you were a Benz man, so was pleasantly surprised to see that you are in fact a Bimmer-lover

The 530D is my dream car, and maybe someday...! Till then will haunt these forums and live vicariously.

Do post your first service experience when you have the time.
Old 11th September 2011, 17:49   #62
BHPian

S350L-E240,

looking at androdev's pics it doesnt seem like the full size takes up TOOOO much space. With a space saver anyways the speed limits are as much as a blown rft !?

Hmm...worth considering the full size rft over the space saver ?

The service cost for the first two services is 18k and the third one costs around 25k . So around 61k for 3 services excluding any failures / wear replacements. The BSI plus for 3 years 60K is 1,66,540/- which translates to 4 services (61,000 + 20,000 = 81k). Could it really be worth it ?

To be perfectly honest i'm spending an extra 10-12 lakh over the 520 and about 6-7 lakh over the 525 and here i am calculating the worthiness of the BSI for an extra lakh or two.
If i have to be value conscious i should be buying the 520d in the first place !

Maybe i should just get the BSI around the first service 5 years 60k km !

Cheers !
Dieselite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
Thanks for the info Dieselite, looks like there are people who know BMW a lot better than me, maybe thats cause I have mostly ignored the Run Flat issue and for reasons I cannot justify I think its a wonderful concept besides the only fact that we don't have places to repair it all over the country and like GTO has spoken often Bombay - Goa and mid-way you have a flat you get stuck?

I've done 9000 Kms until now and 30% has been outstation and touch wood no issues until now, and about taking a BSI like everyone has said depends on how long you keep the car, but one thing do take note if you do not wish to empty your pockets right away you can wait until your first service to plonk down the extras!

Androdev,

I really can never do what you have done, mostly when we travel some tiny bags have to be squeezed in the car itself , so will perhaps look at this space saver option but really BMW India can and should modify the boot for India to integrate a space saver or similar. Or have a lot of authorized type places at various places in the country I'm sure it is do able considering there are about 15K+ and counting BMW's on the roads in India?

noopster,

Am a Mercedes-Benz Boy for life, but do not trust them in India, nor do I have any faith in their after sales for India, and their dealer in Ahmedabad does not add any comfort either and would not buy the E-Class in this generation at all for me the E-Class was a lost case from the day I saw it, infact in many posts I mentioned once the F10 comes in the W212 can say bye bye, and right now they have such a hard time pulling out the E-Classes even with 5 lac off on the E350CDI/350.

And I applaud BMW and it's dealers, touch wood.

Regards,

And about 530d being you dream, let me know if you ever travel to this side of the country we sure could take it for a spin!

Last edited by Dieselite : 11th September 2011 at 17:51.
Old 11th September 2011, 18:53   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselite View Post

The service cost for the first two services is 18k and the third one costs around 25k . So around 61k for 3 services excluding any failures / wear replacements. The BSI plus for 3 years 60K is 1,66,540/- which translates to 4 services (61,000 + 20,000 = 81k). Could it really be worth it ?

Maybe i should just get the BSI around the first service 5 years 60k km !

Cheers !
Dieselite.
Go with a 3 year 60K BSI Plus. To your calculations of maintenance cost, just consider

You will need 4+1 service over a span a 60 K Kms.

Add to that the cost of replacement of 2 sets of brake pads and at least 1 set of brake disc, you will see that the decision making is much more easy.

Once you near the end of second year, top it up to BSI Ultimate so that you get the warranty benefits at the beginning of the third year.

At the end of 3rd year, decide if you intend to keep the car (I presume you will) top it up to 5 years and whatever Kms you anticipate to cover in the 4th & 5th year. (You never know which beauty you will be eyeing after 3 years any way).
Old 12th September 2011, 14:17   #64
BHPian

Hey Beamerboy,

This is a good strategy....probably the best appproach to the BSI. Dont the 60k km translate into only 4 services? Where did the +1 come in?

cheers
Dieselite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamerBoy View Post
Go with a 3 year 60K BSI Plus. To your calculations of maintenance cost, just consider

You will need 4+1 service over a span a 60 K Kms.

Add to that the cost of replacement of 2 sets of brake pads and at least 1 set of brake disc, you will see that the decision making is much more easy.

Once you near the end of second year, top it up to BSI Ultimate so that you get the warranty benefits at the beginning of the third year.

At the end of 3rd year, decide if you intend to keep the car (I presume you will) top it up to 5 years and whatever Kms you anticipate to cover in the 4th & 5th year. (You never know which beauty you will be eyeing after 3 years any way).
Old 12th September 2011, 15:35   #65
BHPian

A diesel from BMW in India has the SA coding interval of 0984. In english, this implies that the CBS car is set to prompt for service at 15000 kms.

You coordinates read as Pune and with that traffic, I am sure that you will be prompted for service by the car at around 12000 kms. Hence, 60,000 kms BSI plan implies 5 services at 12,000 kms each.
BeamerBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2011, 11:37   #66
BHPian

Finally got the delivery yesterday 520d Havana colour, the car is brilliant.

thanks you S350L-E240 for your help.
Old 13th September 2011, 14:17   #67
BHPian

I have indeed driven the F10 530D and can surely say that it will be the commanding authority 99% of times on Indian roads.
The car i drove was missing the HUD, navigation etc, but still the car seemed a true stunner.
upgrades have come and more upgrades are coming on the way, God really blessed competition.
Old 13th September 2011, 16:27   #68
BHPian

F10 530D is a great car. Just bought one and am loving it. It surely is a head turner.
Old 14th September 2011, 05:48   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manvirr View Post
F10 530D is a great car. Just bought one and am loving it. It surely is a head turner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARSC View Post
Finally got the delivery yesterday 520d Havana colour, the car is brilliant.

thanks you S350L-E240 for your help.
Congratulations to both of you!
Hey guys I hope you will put your ownership reports on Tbhp soon!
Old 15th September 2011, 21:11   #70
BHPian

Thanks Goingout... I tried to write an initial ownership report but ran into some problems. Will try to writ up something again.

Manvir
manvirr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2011, 14:51   #71
BHPian

HI speed diesel or normal diesel for bmw
Old 16th September 2011, 14:53   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARSC View Post
HI speed diesel or normal diesel for bmw
Only normal/sada diesel, never fill in high speed.
Old 23rd September 2011, 12:10   #73
BHPian

BMW says Normal Diesel only...
Old 22nd October 2011, 22:18   #74
BHPian

Hey bro. Beautiful car you've got there. Seems like ur letting go of this beauty. Saw ur car in the Classifieds. So upgrading to a bigger one eh? What plans do u have for ur next car?

Cheers,
Kaushik
Old 25th December 2011, 20:05   #75
Senior - BHPian

Hello,

All that begins must end right? And so ends this wonderful journey with my arch rival since I was a child, As of today the car is officially no more mine and has gone to a wonderful new garage and hopefully the new caretaker keeps her as well as it was or even better, and when I started the topic I said Wise or Blunder?

Well Now with the car gone, I can tell you it was the wisest step, so Wise that a lot thought I've moved my loyalty from Mercedes to BMW, While that is not true, I cannot tell you how much better BMW India manages everything,

Have had the finest time with this car, and after some time will take a new car hunt but until then this topic can be closed.

Regards,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks