Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2010, 15:51   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
@chet1376
I spoke to my tyre guy today. He also offered me 2k/tyre for the OEM 185/60 R15 (Apollo or JK) but he suggested 195/60 R15 & not 205/55 R15 as it would affect the ride & also the profile is too low for our roads & that 195/60 would sit perfectly in the highline alloys even though the difference in overall diameter is nearly 2% (Diameter change will be 12mm). He was suggesting Primacy or S-drives but will confirm with me later.
2k/tyre for your stock tyres is a gud deal.

I have 205/55 R15 on my car, I dont think the profile is too low for Indian roads. Till date, I have driven about 1200 km and never once has the underchassis made contact with the ground - roadhumps, even going in and out of my basement & in a couple of Apts ( exactly where my Honda City - Anniversary Edition, always manages to scape the bottom ). Not sure about the new City though.

The steering definitely feels a lot heavier & handles better with the upgrade.

I feel, upgrading from 185/60 R15 to 195/60 R15 is not much of a difference visually, can hardly make out the upsize. Not sure about the difference in ride & handling though.
My tyre guy recommended the 205/55 R15, since he had already fitted the same on another Vento & even a Polo a few weeks ago - no probs at all.

Check the link - Yokohama Tire
I dont see 195/60 R15, that your tyre guy has recommended. The only options you have in S drive 195's:
195/45 R15
195/50 R15
195/55 R15
My suggestion - go with 205/55 R15

I would not recommend Michelin. I had the Pilot Preceda on my Ford Ikon 1.6 NXT and they wore out pretty quick. Tread looks very ordinary too.
No idea about the Primacy - dont know anyone who has them. The tread on the Primacy HP looks ok but no options in 15" - the min size is 205/55 R16.
You have more options on the Primacy LC:
195/60 R15
195/65 R15
205/65 R15
Old 22nd November 2010, 17:21   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Chet, I follow Vento threads on the forum actively...disappointingly there are so few. Yours is especially interesting since you have gone the whole hog as far as mods/upgrades are concerned. Do keep updating this thread, esp any service experiences with VW since you have "out-warrantied" yourself.
Old 23rd November 2010, 10:50   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Chet, I follow Vento threads on the forum actively...disappointingly there are so few. Yours is especially interesting since you have gone the whole hog as far as mods/upgrades are concerned. Do keep updating this thread, esp any service experiences with VW since you have "out-warrantied" yourself.
Yeah !! I have totally "out-warrantied" myself with the mods/upgrades on my car, but not done yet.

I have had no service experience till date considering that I have done only 1500 km and less than 2 months - still have a long way to go - 13500 km or another 300 days till my first service.

I have accessorised my car a little more since my last post on this thread.
I will post the actual pics shortly.

Xenos CMD100 (Rear View Camera with CMD Technology)

My Vento 1.6 Highline ( Petrol )-cmd_camera.jpg

High resolution
Water resistant
170 degrees wide angle with wide picture
Supply : 12V DC
Support TV System - PAL / NTSC
Easy to Install

Xenos 7” Monitor with Bluetooth - SR700BT

My Vento 1.6 Highline ( Petrol )-7_inch_rps_blue_tooth.jpg

7 inch Wide Screen Rearview Mirror with TFT Monitor
Built in Blue Tooth
Screen Format : 16:9
Car reversing backsight surveillance
TV System Support - PAL/NTSC
Auto Switching
Feather Touch Button
Remote Control Included

MSW Alloys ( designed by O.Z )
I also plan to change my original VW alloys to MSW 11 ( designed by OZ ). I was unable to get the right size 15" 5 bolt design. I have ordered them - should get them in a couple of months.

My Vento 1.6 Highline ( Petrol )-msw-11-gross-black-full-polished.jpg

Fuel Efficiency:
I did my first FE check - full tank to full tank - city driving with A/C on throughout. I got a reading of 10.88 km/l.
Old 3rd December 2010, 00:25   #34
BHPian

Where did you get the alloys from and the price, if you do not mind telling. What are you planning to do with the stock alloys?
Old 3rd December 2010, 09:26   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
Where did you get the alloys from and the price, if you do not mind telling. What are you planning to do with the stock alloys?
I'm getting them thru Methods Automotive and its around 27K for 4 alloys. I am planning to keep the stock alloys.
Old 10th December 2010, 19:12   #36
mxx
BHPian

Re: My Vento 1.6 Highline ( Petrol )

hey, nice car, specially with the yokos.
BTW, silver vento with yokos, and an alto in the parking, I think we are in the same apartment complex.
Old 13th December 2010, 00:19   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1376 View Post
I'm getting them thru Methods Automotive and its around 27K for 4 alloys. I am planning to keep the stock alloys.
I will be getting my TDI next month and I have plans to change alloys - in fact to 16". But I will not keep the stock alloys. Will give it and tyres if I get a reasonable deal . I have started looking around for accessories - thats all I could do now!!
Old 13th December 2010, 10:10   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Great Mods there. Your car looks too good. Can you share the details of the rear camera? Would like to install that too.
Old 13th December 2010, 10:13   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Great Mods there. Your car looks too good. Can you share the details of the rear camera? Would like to install that too.
Thanks Naveen. I have already posted dtls of the Reverse Cam - check my prev post on 23 Nov.

High resolution
Water resistant
Easy to Install
Old 13th December 2010, 10:43   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Naveen. I have already posted dtls of the Reverse Cam - check my prev post on 23 Nov.

High resolution
Water resistant
Easy to Install
Thanks for the quick reply chet. Can you post the pics of the actual product installed in your car. Like, the cam and the rear view mirror pics.? Would like to know the cost too.

Also, can you post some clear pics of the windshield (both exterior and interior) since am planning for these too.

Thanks
Old 27th February 2011, 23:25   #41
BHPian

Been a few months with the new Vento for you. Hows your experience so far?. I would like to know your feel with the upgraded tires esp. Ride quality, Steering feel, handling, tire noise etc.
Old 10th March 2011, 14:33   #42
Senior - BHPian

Hey chet1376

No updates from you for a very long time. I was looking for some performance numbers of Petrol Vento especially.

Could you please update the thread with your experience so far? When is the car going for its first service?
Old 17th May 2011, 20:20   #43
BHPian

Chet, Can you post your ownership experience - things you have enjoyed and if there are any niggles, perhaps?
Old 22nd May 2011, 04:34   #44
BHPian

Quote:
I have accessorised my car a little more since my last post on this thread.
I will post the actual pics shortly.

MSW Alloys ( designed by O.Z )
I also plan to change my original VW alloys to MSW 11 ( designed by OZ ). I was unable to get the right size 15" 5 bolt design. I have ordered them - should get them in a couple of months.
Hi Chet . No updates since a long time. Did you get your alloys yet?
Do post a few pics of your upgrades and the new alloys
Old 20th September 2011, 11:27   #45

I have booked a VW Vento Highline (P) from KSM Motors in Navi Mumbai. My exprience has been wonderful with the dealer so far. I have been attended to in less than 5 minutes.Offered tea / coffee / soft drinks and offered test drive on both petrol and diesel variants. Considering my daily drive of 50KM, I have opted for the Petrol version. Keeping my fingers crossed for the delivery promised during Dassera 2011.

Most Viewed