Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2011, 11:25   #16
BHPian

Re: Fifth Fiat, Second Linea, First TJet

hey vinay_ss
9300 in 4 months is a lot.
i agree with you that the T-Jet logo makes one feel very privileged ;-)

BTW - i did not know that one has to keep the engine idle before switch off. i normally keep it idle during start-up.

The mileage exactly matches the mileage i am getting too.

Earthed - the meeting & photo shoot of the t-jet is still pending.
Old 15th March 2011, 14:03   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukar_n View Post
hey vinay_ss
9300 in 4 months is a lot.
i agree with you that the T-Jet logo makes one feel very privileged ;-)

BTW - i did not know that one has to keep the engine idle before switch off. i normally keep it idle during start-up.

The mileage exactly matches the mileage i am getting too.

Earthed - the meeting & photo shoot of the t-jet is still pending.
madhukar_n, i think you can idle it till the rpm falls below 10, i.e after the end of the drive. Or if it is already below 10, no need to idle it. I usually do the return final lap with a very light foot and the rpm always falls to below 10.

My MID is showing a mileage of 12.2 kmpl, 700 km@ 26kmph. Have to do a Tank to Tank to crosscheck.

Absolutely cold turkey driving till 3K. Right now i am calling it the T Dakota.
Old 15th March 2011, 15:34   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the Linea T-Jet. Once you set your heart on it, I think the mind follows meekly. Enjoy your drive.
Old 17th March 2011, 09:12   #19
BHPian

After repeated attempts to resize the pictures shot in HD (file sizes more than 2MB) i am finally forced to upload a single picture shot on my handphone. My apologies, but would try to upload some pics along with that of my Adventure over the weekend.

Till then, bear with this lonesome picture - but which captures the proud LTD on my Jet

cheers
Vinay
Attached Thumbnails
Fifth Fiat, Second Linea, First TJet-tjet05.jpg  

vinay_ss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2011, 09:26   #20
BHPian

Managed to locate another picture on my handphone, which i am uploading for now.
Attached Thumbnails
Fifth Fiat, Second Linea, First TJet-img2010112500063.jpg  

Old 17th March 2011, 09:38   #21
BHPian

Beautiful Car and very well maintained. I like the shine on your car man you must be in real love with your car. Congrats on your 5th Fiat - seems you are a true FIATIAN - driven by passion for FIAT cars.

Any mods planned for the car ?? Tjet is one hell of a car and with its beautifully laid suspension and driving pleasure is in abundance.

Kailash

Last edited by kailashnj : 17th March 2011 at 09:39.
Old 17th March 2011, 10:56   #22
BHPian

Ah finally some more pictures to share
Attached Thumbnails
Fifth Fiat, Second Linea, First TJet-tjet_eyes.jpg  

Fifth Fiat, Second Linea, First TJet-tjet_leds.jpg  

Fifth Fiat, Second Linea, First TJet-tjet-_dandeli01.jpg  

Fifth Fiat, Second Linea, First TJet-tjet_bw.jpg  

Fifth Fiat, Second Linea, First TJet-tjet_dandeli02.jpg  

vinay_ss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2011, 17:31   #23
BHPian

Amazing shots bro, the BW is a knockout, this is the kind of shot that models should have in their Pfolios. You have got a looker!
Old 30th March 2011, 15:43   #24
BANNED

Hi Vinay! It was great Meeting you last Sunday. Loved your Jet! But felt sad for the scratch!

Anyways, here are some pics of your JET!
Attached Thumbnails
Fifth Fiat, Second Linea, First TJet-281129.jpg  

Fifth Fiat, Second Linea, First TJet-281329.jpg  

EARTHed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 14:01   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHed View Post
Hi Vinay! It was great Meeting you last Sunday. Loved your Jet! But felt sad for the scratch!

Anyways, here are some pics of your JET!
What was this? some kind of FIAT meet or something? Include me next time guys. There's another black jet in this forum now
Old 13th July 2011, 14:24   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
What was this? some kind of FIAT meet or something? Include me next time guys. There's another black jet in this forum now
Yep, it was a Team FCI meet which i too attended the first time ! It was nice to see a lof of Puntos and Lineas together. We met up over lunch somewhere beyond the International airport. I am not too active on FCI, but was good fun to spend a day with all of them.

Cheers
Vinay
Old 13th July 2011, 14:26   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay_ss View Post
Yep, it was a Team FCI meet
It was a TFI meet. Nothing official. Just a bunch of Fiat owners met up.

@Karthik: Post a thread of your JET buddy!
Old 13th July 2011, 14:29   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHed View Post
It was a TFI meet. Nothing official. Just a bunch of Fiat owners met up.

@Karthik: Post a thread of your JET buddy!
Already posted EarthEd, with special acknowledgements to you Sorry, I thought you'd seen it

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-review.html

Last edited by KarthikK : 13th July 2011 at 14:33.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2011, 08:16   #29
BHPian

As an update, my tjet has now been with me for a little more than 9 months and i have done 19,000 kilometers with a fair share of highway driving. My experience so far has been really good with the car and the following have been some of the notable points.

The great things

1. The car has completed its 15k service. Although engine oil is required to be changed only at this point, i had already changed the oil once at 3k service (since i just wanted my car to indulge in some good oil after the first oil had done its duty for 3k kms) and hence the car had its second oil change at 15k.

2. I have done a fair share of highway runs. Most of my trips have been 1000+ kms driving (back and forth) and the joy of the car can be truly experienced on these runs. Handling is exceptional and the steering feedback in truly enjoyable. The car begs to be pushed and you need a lot of self restraint to let go of the accelerator

3. The average fuel consumption has a unique story to tell. In my 8 odd years of driving Fiats and 13+ years of driving, i have never experienced the range of average that i have got in the tjet. In Bangalore city driving, with my airconditioning on, the worst i have got on a tankful is 9 km/liter (based on the car's MID). However, my car returns a normal average of between 9.6 to 10 km/liter on a running average over the last 9 months. Now comes the fun part. On highways, the best average i have got over a 300kms stretch with an average driving speed of 90/kmph has been a phenomenal 17. And the worst i have got on a Hyderabad -Bangalore run has been 9.5. This was with driving speeds of 120-140 kmph and i did the trip in about 5.5 hours. So i think the moral of the story is the car is capable of handling any speeds with aplomb and without a complain and can give you averages that you want it to give. You get her to indulge, and she indulges on your wallet. You let her laze and she forgets to drink the juices as well.

4. I have enjoyed the spaciousness of the car. I am 5.11" and heavy built. I drive with the seat fully pushed back and the seat at its lowest driving position (height adjustable seats). The space you get in the front is to my mind more than most would ever need. Of course with this kind of seat travel, the rear can get cramped, if there is another adult. However, if an adult is seated behind, i dont push the seat completely to the back, and let it go 3/4th of the way, and both me and the rear passenger have adequate space (not luxurious).

5. The airconditioning is nice. No complaints. The driving position is to my liking. The seats offer good support. My longest non stop one stretch drive (other than nature breaks and a couple of chai breaks) has been 14 hours, and my back didnt complain.

6. The car does not have a "boaty" ride and thats what i like most of the ride quality. i dont understand the "hard suspension" and "soft suspension" part, but i like whatever the tjet gives me.

7. The other smaller things - i love the wipers sweep, headlamps, blue-n-me enabled ability to sync my blackberry, rear curtains, the acceleration you get when the turbo kicks in is phenomenal and needless to say the looks of my car.

8. Car has been serviced at Prerna Silk Board and i am happy with Prerna service.

The not so good things

1. I get the sound of wind only at speeds between 80-100, which i find very strange. Sometimes i wonder if this is actually the sound of wind or its the tyre, but strangely after i cross 100 it again becomes silent. Not sure if other tjet owners have experienced a similar issue.

2. The turbo lag is sometime annoying, although if you engage the proper gears, this issue is sorted out. While the creeping speeds are fine and it doesnt bother, what bothers is accelaration is slow speeds before the turbo kicks in - say in city overtaking manouveres.

3. I have not used the voice activated function of the blue-n-me, so i dont know how good or bad it is.

4. I hate the way the ipod syncs with the Blue-n-me. I loose controlling capability on the ipod. Also on the car MID screen, the ability to choose songs, albums etc is very very painful and i just dont like it. May be i havent tried it out in an optimal manner.

5. The carpets given by the dealer (the linea carpets, and not the rubber mats) are terrible. The driver side carpet has a rubber portion in the centre, which has come off in about 4 months and is of very poor quality.

In summary, i think i have had the good fortune of getting the right brand for me at the right price with all the right features i need, a rarity in today's choices we have as car buyers.

Cheers
Vinay Sambaragimath
vinay_ss is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2011, 08:18   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Beautiful Car and very well maintained. I like the shine on your car man you must be in real love with your car. Congrats on your 5th Fiat - seems you are a true FIATIAN - driven by passion for FIAT cars.

Any mods planned for the car ?? Tjet is one hell of a car and with its beautifully laid suspension and driving pleasure is in abundance.

Kailash
Thanks Kailash ! I dont have any mods planned, i dont think it needs any. I am greedy for even more power, but dont want to mess around with the car's engine. For now, i am enjoying what Fiat has given me in the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks