Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2010, 20:15   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
today i test driven this car at Global Gallarie Motors Pvt. Ltd. in Thane godbhander road.
Err.. If I recall correctly Global are dealers for M&M (Thane & Raigad) unless they have got the dealership for VW too.
Old 9th November 2010, 22:20   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
It seems to be the case here. As I thought that VW was using Synthetic oils in their engines. This is also confirmed somewhat by the money they charge for oil change, close to 5K for 3.8 litres ++. Going by that logic they should have provided you with Castrol Edge if not one of the VW approved oils.

Refer your owners manual and that should clarify what oil is to be used. Otherwise ring up the service people and without referring to the going ons simply enquire regarding the oil to be used.

Alternatively get in touch with other Tbhp Jetta owners (issigonis for example) and find out what their engines have been supping on.
This info was obtained after contacting the service manager. It will be interesting to find out from other Vento owners what oil their cars are purring on. The manual as I have mentioned earlier does not make any mention of the oil to be used.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Hey Msd63, congratulations once again. Was desperately looking for a Vento ownership thread & today I got this one of yours. Thanks for initiating this thread. As other members have already mentioned please do share a lot of pictures, both exterior & interior (as a picture is worth a thousand words). Have you been on a long drive so far? How does the car behave on highways? Also have you seated 3 adults in the rear seat, is the centre hump a major concern? No temperature gauge, this is quite amazing. It is one of the must haves. Is there some other mechanism to indicate the engine temperature (eg on the MID etc)?
Thanks. I have not done any cosmetic changes to the car apart from acquiring floor mats from a car accessories shop. I will post pictures when changes are done. I have made a couple of long drives and the car behaves fantastic and returns very good mileage. Only for a short period of time I had 3 passengers at the back and they did not complain much. Of course the hump is pretty high and the middle passenger has to straddle the hump to get comfortable. No temp guage in the MID
Old 10th November 2010, 14:55   #48
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Congrats msd. No doubt a true high quality diesel car.
Yes. Almost all VW dealers behave the same. I stay very close to VW showroom and visited quite few times on seeing the new cars. They are very much reluctant to give any info unless you go and ask, where as other brand dealers are far better esp Maruti & Hyundai and even Ford... That may one of the reasons of their high volume sales.
Infact I mentioned in Polo thread, my cousin eagerly went to book Polo and came out because of very poor attitude of the dealer.
Nonetheless a true german engineering product giving the customer the best.
Happy and Safe Motoring. Even though I always like white, the silver is very attractive.
Old 10th November 2010, 16:31   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
No temperature gauge, this is quite amazing. It is one of the must haves. Is there some other mechanism to indicate the engine temperature (eg on the MID etc)?
Sure there is. There is a small red temperature indication that will flash on the instrument cluster if there is an abnormal rise in coolant temperature. This light is located inside the tachometer, near the centre of the needle. This light will light up for a second or so immediately after switching on the ignition. Same goes for the engine oil temperature lamp.
Old 10th November 2010, 16:34   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljasi View Post
Sure there is. There is a small red temperature indication that will flash on the instrument cluster if there is an abnormal rise in coolant temperature. This light is located inside the tachometer, near the centre of the needle. This light will light up for a second or so immediately after switching on the ignition. Same goes for the engine oil temperature lamp.
BTW do you work for VW / own a VW since a long time?
You have specific answers to all the VW queries
Old 10th November 2010, 16:35   #51
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by msd63 View Post
I had already posted pictures on GTO's review thread. However I am posting a couple of pictures again. These were taken on day 2.
The car is too good & classic.
The colour makes feel executive.
Some pics of interiors please.
Old 10th November 2010, 17:50   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
BTW do you work for VW / own a VW since a long time?
You have specific answers to all the VW queries
Something like that. I look after service for a nascent VW dealership in South India. And no, I don't have answers to everything VW, but I can certainly give it a shot.
Old 10th November 2010, 21:39   #53
BHPian

Today drove about 50km within the city of Bangalore and the car returned a FE of nearly 16km/l which I think is great. However when there was a lot of rain in Bangalore a few days ago, courtesy cyclone Jal the FE for some reason was struggling to get up to 13 which makes me wonder whether humidity/weather can influence FE significantly.
Old 12th November 2010, 10:14   #54
BHPian

It has been more than a month and a half as I had taken the delivery of the car on September 26th. Still no sign of the RC book which I am told is now being issued in the form of a smart card by the RTO. I did contact the dealer who were trying to shift the responsibility on to me to chase it up with the RTO. I had to remind them that they were the people who got it registered and have also charged Rs 7000 as processing fee. They have now agreed to contact the RTO and find out about the status of the Registration document. All I have now is the tax paid receipt and of course the insurance certificate.
Old 12th November 2010, 10:19   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msd63 View Post
It has been more than a month and a half as I had taken the delivery of the car on September 26th. Still no sign of the RC book which I am told is now being issued in the form of a smart card by the RTO. I did contact the dealer who were trying to shift the responsibility on to me to chase it up with the RTO. I had to remind them that they were the people who got it registered and have also charged Rs 7000 as processing fee. They have now agreed to contact the RTO and find out about the status of the Registration document. All I have now is the tax paid receipt and of course the insurance certificate.
woooh this is definitely unacceptable, the dealer needs to be more responsible on this. definitely it is the Dealer's responsibility to drive the Registration procedure to closure....

Is this VW Palace Cross ?
Old 12th November 2010, 11:12   #56
BHPian

Yes it is the Palace cross, but it could be that the delay is with the RTO. However trying to wash their hands off the registration process got me a little bit annoyed.
Old 12th November 2010, 19:47   #57

Msd63,
Congrats!! on your new car.
I live in Sanjay Nagar and in process of booking ventro Disel from the Palace cross. Reading your thread is making me thing twice about this dealer.
Do you think i should go to different dealer ?
And also i was told by the dealer the delviery date is atleast 3 months from date of booking.
Is that true from all dealers.?
Old 12th November 2010, 22:11   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish_go View Post
Msd63,
I live in Sanjay Nagar and in process of booking ventro Disel from the Palace cross. Reading your thread is making me thing twice about this dealer.
Do you think i should go to different dealer ?
And also i was told by the dealer the delviery date is atleast 3 months from date of booking.
Is that true from all dealers.?
I did visit VW downtown near Brigade road looking for accessories. They took my name and number saying that they would get back and they didn't. So, I think they are all the same and probably the waiting time is similar.
Old 12th November 2010, 22:16   #59
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish_go View Post
Msd63,
I live in Sanjay Nagar and in process of booking ventro Disel from the Palace cross.
Compared to all dealers in Bangalore, I found Palace Cross the best service. I have been generously given the test drive of Vento around 10 times, that too during weekends!
Old 12th November 2010, 23:05   #60

I had the test drive sent to my house on a saturday by palace cross dealer where as downtown said "we only work on week day"
This is one of the reason why i chose them.
@Msd63,
Where is the service center for VW in North Bangalore. Will they pick it up for service?
Any ideas on this?

Most Viewed