Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2010, 13:00   #16
BHPian

Wow this is really good !! How did you manage to fiddle with the port to grab and display the info ? I mean, if it were this easy (DIY), cant ford do it ???

Btw, does this cut off your warranty on electronics ?
Old 1st November 2010, 13:49   #17
BHPian

WOW, the info display is really cool, where did you bought this?
I think this should be possible for any car which has an engine management electronics. European version of i20 got the driver information system, they might have masked in Indian version
Old 1st November 2010, 15:07   #18
Senior - BHPian

hey Jay somehow missed this thread pal. Congratulations on the FIGO and that's one heck of project you got through with. Do post details on how you managed to do that.
Old 1st November 2010, 15:36   #19
BHPian

Congrats on your new Figo, Jay. White with sunfilms looks classy any day.

I too am waiting eagerly on how you managed to get that HUD ??
Old 1st November 2010, 15:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats JayD! Very nice car, colour and mods done so far, liked it. When do we get to see some alloys? Btw hows the OBD2 HUD display readability in sunlight, does it get washed out? When are you planning to get the Storm filter fixed, do update the thread when its done! What about Pete's petti?
Old 1st November 2010, 16:32   #21
BHPian

Congrat JayD! I also have a white Figo tdci. Have covered 14000 km till now and never come close to 24.9 kmpl :( that you have got. Can you please explain how this FE was measured and since you have other cars what is the mileage you are able to extract from the other ones?

24.9 is quite incredible!.
Old 1st November 2010, 16:35   #22
Senior - BHPian

Argh! so you connected something to the OBD2 port. So which tool are you using? It does not look like scan gauge. Did you procure it from India or US? Please provide the details, as I have been madly doing the research on this and already collected a lot of info and questions.
Old 1st November 2010, 17:37   #23
Senior - BHPian

WOW! Congrats on the stunner JayD! I'm very impressed with the projector - a really different mod on t-bhp!
Old 1st November 2010, 19:54   #24
BHPian

Congrats.Never seen any mods like this before.great job you have done.
I think many of us here would love to get such detailed info on our car too.
Please do share the details about the installation.
Old 1st November 2010, 20:07   #25
Senior - BHPian

Must say that the car looks stunning in white. I loved the picture of the 'Garage', awesome stuff it was, FIESTA, i20, SS80 and the blue grand old man behind
Old 1st November 2010, 21:45   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new buy. I was wondering how this thread zoomed into two pages so fast. Seeing the equipments installed / planned i know it would zoom further in no time.

Would love to hear MORE about the Green storm filter and the OBD equipment.
Old 1st November 2010, 21:54   #27
Senior - BHPian

@JayD: hey i spotted your figo today morning. i think we were side by side in nandanam signal at around 8:25am. I was in my blue alto.

Man,your figo's acceleration is great. But there is a small amount of white smoke when you accelerate, get it checked.
Old 1st November 2010, 22:35   #28
BHPian

Just 2 words to say, Simply Awesome. Congrats on your figo. It sure is the best value for money car in this segment and the "heads-up" display is the best that you had done to your figo. Do share the details how you did it.

Though a bit off topic: It is amazing to see to what the extent we can customize our car logically:
1. Windscreen display as JayD did it in the figo.
2. Akki_s's customized Laura, he modified it for: a. coming home / leaving home lights, b.turning fog lamps / cornering lights, c. needle sweep and many more things.

Customization such as these actually enhance the features / usability of the car, unlike the ones like putting up lot of led's and neon lights which instead feels cheap add-on job (just saw an overdone swift with led surronding the entire bonnet part and lots on neon lights under the car and behind the door handles)

Good Work BHPian's let these knowledge bit things keep coming.

Drive safe. Enjoy
Old 1st November 2010, 22:43   #29
Team-BHP Support

Congrats, JayD. The Figo is indeed a great choice.
What about the alloys?
Old 2nd November 2010, 09:33   #30
Senior - BHPian

Whoa! Thanks for the wishes and the overwhelming response guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
How!!!!
I am literally floored!! What did you, equipment and details of how you installed the stuff would help us a lot, I would like to do a similar thing to my Figo too! Please!
Iys pretty simple, will post the details soon.

[quote=jkdas;2125534]White better to maintain ? Its tough to match shades of white right?
Quote:
for white, since its easier to touch up scratches, and easier to keep clean.[\quote]

Would love to hear more about the OBD stuff.
Yeah, white is more easier to maintain than red and black, since swirl mark will not show up so easily in white. Also, a proper paintshop can easily match the shade of white, unlike metallic colours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Congrats on your car!
What you have done with the MFD is simply brilliant - never seen anything like this!
Details Plz
Thanks! Will do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Congrats JayD.White figo looks smashing!

And i am completely floored by the MFD projector.Can you please give more details like make,price,where you bought it.I have a i20 CRDi,can i install it in my car?
Yes, it can be done on most cars. I have done it on my i20 crdi too, and it gives more data than the figo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l View Post
Wow this is really good !! How did you manage to fiddle with the port to grab and display the info ? I mean, if it were this easy (DIY), cant ford do it ???

Btw, does this cut off your warranty on electronics ?

Nope no warranty issues at all. We are jut tapping into the ports provided by the manufacturer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajtheindian View Post
WOW, the info display is really cool, where did you bought this?
I think this should be possible for any car which has an engine management electronics. European version of i20 got the driver information system, they might have masked in Indian version
the display is not a plug and play device as a whole. And this is not connected to the MID functions. Here we are reading info directly from the diagnostics port of the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks