Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2010, 22:26   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
You can completely close air vents at rear middle AC vents. There are two circular air volume controller given for both vents. One extreme position actually closes the vent.
I am able to close the front vents completely when I use the air volume controller both for the front and the rear vents, but like what Druva mentioned, the foot level vents never seem to close and I dont see a way I can do it. It does not have an air volume controller either.

In fact the foot level vents continue to blow air even when I have set the A.C control knob on the front panel to 'Face Postion' or to the 'Air to windscreen position' as shown in page 52 of the owners manual.

Is this something that other Safari owners experience too and is this default behaviour?

Last edited by Kairalee : 22nd November 2010 at 22:31.
Old 1st December 2010, 13:43   #62
BANNED

Hi Durva, Looks like you installed rear foot step. How much do they cost? Are they really useful ?
Old 1st December 2010, 15:10   #63
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Dhruva. I am yet to meet a man who has bought a Safari with his head and not with his heart. You were almost midway when your heart took over.
Hope you enjoy your ride, niggles notwithstanding. Like you said, whats a Safari without small niggles. Ignore them and you will live in peace. And trust me when I tell you, your Safari can take a lot more than you can throw at it.
Cheers,

Jay
Old 4th December 2010, 19:53   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadeep View Post
Hi Durva, Looks like you installed rear foot step. How much do they cost? Are they really useful ?
The rear foot step - I got from Concorde itself. 2250/-

It definitely helps in easy ingress of the rear cabin.. However I think it lowers the ground clearance. Clever of TML not to give it as standard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Congrats Dhruva. ...
. And trust me when I tell you, your Safari can take a lot more than you can throw at it.
Cheers,

Jay
Thanks Jay. Yes, I am already feeling the SUV abilities - though mine is 4x2 only. I am able to take it thru mud and slush where I would hesistate to take my Santro.

Latest fuel efficiency update - 10.72 kmpl. This is 100% city riding with occasional no AC (probably 20%) and occasional dual AC (probably 10%).

Jairam Ramesh can keep accusing me as criminal.. but these were the figures returned by my Santro during its last days with me.
Old 10th December 2010, 09:31   #65
BHPian

Re: PDI and Final Delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by druva View Post
Whats Safari, without niggles? Mine seem to have less (or I am not so observant?)
  1. My first blown fuse. I had checked the electric fuel lid opener during my PDI. It worked fine even during my first fill. I filled about 10 litres the first night as my regualr pump was closed. To my dismay, Safari was still showing reserve!! However the next day when I wanted to fill her, the fuel lid was not working! I had to go back to open it manually. I took her to the showroom for fixing the number plates, the "Sales person" fixed the fuel lid by replacing a fuse!!
  2. 2nd row AC condensation. My first time use, the AC started showing water drops. We stopped it at the time as the cabin itself became cold by then. After that I had no repeat of the issue. As per SA, its normal to see condensation but not water continuously leaking. Not sure.
Hi Druva, am sure you're having a good time with your Safari. The above 2 niggles exactly happened to me too - what a surprise, so these are things Tata should note and correct in future versions.
One, the fuel lid stopped working from the dashboard button after couple of days from delivery, and during first service the SA said the fuse had to be replaced.
Two, water leaked continuously from near the pillar close to the roof a/c. Stopped using it, and during first service the SA said it has been fixed. Haven't used that A/c yet so cant say if it is fixed for sure.

Minor issues I dont care.
Old 19th January 2011, 15:09   #66

Re: Forgotten Dream Realized. Cycus Grey Safari 2010 GX comes home

Hi Druva,
Hows your car doing, have been on any really long drives?? any issues till date? Hows the vechile performance.
Old 19th January 2011, 16:46   #67
Senior - BHPian

Re: PDI and Final Delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by verditer View Post

Two, water leaked continuously from near the pillar close to the roof a/c. Stopped using it, and during first service the SA said it has been fixed. Haven't used that A/c yet so cant say if it is fixed for sure.

Minor issues I dont care.
See that the excess condensed water is drained properly. Mine wasnt and in the long run( after 30months or so),AC piping got punctured.

Most Viewed