Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2013, 11:43   #181
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 55000 Km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobsterB View Post
Had a bit of left side pull and to solve the same the steering assembly was replaced under warranty. Otherwise everything was routine.
Can you share more details about this ?
Which part was replaced ?
Since when did you face the problem ?
What troubleshooting was done before this ?
Old 3rd June 2013, 12:30   #182
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobsterB View Post
Saw update from ACM, I am pretty worried!

Had sold my previous two vehicles around the 3 year mark with roughly the same figure on odometer. But this one currently feels too good to do that and had bought it with a plan to keep it for much more time.
Have replied to your PM and stated a bit more on my ownership thread. I think you can continue till atleast the 4 year warranty period if not more as the vehicle would have depreciated the most by then.
Old 3rd June 2013, 15:56   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Can you share more details about this ?
Which part was replaced ?
Since when did you face the problem ?
What troubleshooting was done before this ?
The part that was replaced was "Rack and Pinion - 4x4 RHD (M/S RANE TRW)".
There was a small amount of left ward pull, (something very much livable), quite early-on itself. But after the 45K service it became a bit more prominent and the SA was confident that it will be gone after a wheel alignment. So I took it to Madhus for the alignment and it still didn't go away.
Not sure what trouble shooting was done.
Btw, after this replacement the steering has become noticeably more heavy, a 2012 Aria that I had driven was also similarly heavier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Have replied to your PM and stated a bit more on my ownership thread. I think you can continue till at least the 4 year warranty period if not more as the vehicle would have depreciated the most by then.
Thanks ACM, ever since you overtook my odometer reading (around 20K) I have been relying on your ownership report. Will try to keep my ownership report more up-to-date now.

Last edited by LobsterB : 3rd June 2013 at 16:04.
LobsterB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 13:12   #184
BHPian

Re: Tata Aria Prestige 4x4 Ownership Report

Bumping this old thread as wanted information on reliability of Aria. I'm thinking of swapping my Ertiga with a used Aria. The idea is upgrade in terms of safety features and also the Diesel factor. The resale of Aria is quite low which adds value in buying a used Aria. Only hitch I've is the reliability and the service cost. Coming from Maruti which has been always reliable and service cost also in reasonable range, my ownership over the years have been absolutely trouble free. Does it makes sense to go ahead with my thinking ? Experts please help.
Old 23rd September 2017, 19:32   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
Bumping this old thread as wanted information on reliability of Aria. I'm thinking of swapping my Ertiga with a used Aria. The idea is upgrade in terms of safety features and also the Diesel factor. The resale of Aria is quite low which adds value in buying a used Aria. Only hitch I've is the reliability and the service cost. Coming from Maruti which has been always reliable and service cost also in reasonable range, my ownership over the years have been absolutely trouble free. Does it makes sense to go ahead with my thinking ? Experts please help.
Reliability wise I am fully satisfied with my Aria 4x2 Pleasure. Have come from a triplet of Safari-s & the interior build is nearly a light year ahead. Have run for nearly 60k kms in past 2-1/2 years. Never left me stranded, no rattles, no squeaks till now.

Touch wood.

Buying used might be dicey senario since usage patterns are unknown. My Aria is driven only by me or my dad.

I dont think you should have any trouble. It is excellent highway cruiser which was let down by the brilliant marketing chaps at Tata. ( No offence to anyone )

Rgds
Ameya Janvekar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th September 2017, 13:40   #186
BHPian

Re: Tata Aria Prestige 4x4 Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
I am now at 1.4L Kms and think/hope that it will be my main vehicle for a few more years. For me the main expenses were around 60-90K mark for DMF & clutch overhaul, AC compressor motor replacement etc. In this KM interval I also had various other maintenance stuff like timing belt replacement, engine and gear box mounting bush replacements, different oil seal/packing replacements etc
LobsterB is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks