Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2011, 23:01   #16
BHPian

Re: new clutch,pressure plate,flywheel..still my baleno vibrates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Is the vibration only on first gear at the time of starting or on all the gears? Also when you say vibrates is it like engine jerks while moving forward or general body shuddering.

More description will help, in my case the drive shaft teeth had gone bad and had to be replaced before they went bad the car used to shudder in all the gears. Have you replaced the drive shaft (as per my knowledge they last 70-80K Kms.
yes the drive shafts are new.replaced both of them just few months back.and the vibrations are only while releasing the clutch in first gear.nothing after that.there is not clutch slipping.the flywheel is new.
Old 15th November 2011, 00:25   #17
BHPian

re: Love happens only once..my Baleno Altura

opened clutch again...today only opened clutch again.went to other mechanic who is very experienced and genuine.opened clutch plate,pressure plate and flywheel.checked it on lathe machine and he said clutch plate is faulty.changed whole set again this time with valeo.checked release bearing and he said its fine.end result..vibrations as it is...
Old 15th November 2011, 00:40   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hey procircuit your car is truly rare! I don't remember seeing one on-road, or i don't remember it. Good to know you're enjoying the performance of your car even after 75k kms on the odo.

This was an estate version of the baleno i presume ? You say you love the handling of the car, so is it almost as good as the baleno sedan ?
Old 15th November 2011, 10:11   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
opened clutch again...today only opened clutch again.went to other mechanic who is very experienced and genuine.opened clutch plate,pressure plate and flywheel.checked it on lathe machine and he said clutch plate is faulty.changed whole set again this time with valeo.checked release bearing and he said its fine.end result..vibrations as it is...
What kind of vibration? When? From where?
Check the gear box mounting & bushing, it's wear and tear can cause shuddering during clutch release in 1st gear . This was the case with my baleno, but i chose to live with it for time being.
Old 15th November 2011, 20:50   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
What kind of vibration? When? From where?
Check the gear box mounting & bushing, it's wear and tear can cause shuddering during clutch release in 1st gear . This was the case with my baleno, but i chose to live with it for time being.
the vibrations are much significant and just cant live with it.yes they are only while releasing clutch in first gear.my first doubt is can faulty release bearing can cause this???
Old 16th November 2011, 21:13   #21
BHPian

my mechanic is now suspecting axles bearing.but axles are just 10k old.
Old 16th November 2011, 21:30   #22
Team-BHP Support

I think its the pressure plate more than the clutch plate, the reason for shudder. Also its a good practice to replace all the parts including release bearing if the gearbox is being removed, since its a tedious task to open it again.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2011, 21:50   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I think its the pressure plate more than the clutch plate, the reason for shudder. Also its a good practice to replace all the parts including release bearing if the gearbox is being removed, since its a tedious task to open it again.
but all the pressure plate,clutch plate and flywheel are new and checked on lathe.
Old 16th November 2011, 22:04   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
but all the pressure plate,clutch plate and flywheel are new and checked on lathe.
Pressure plate the spring petals if they are weak this can happen. Lathe will only check if the phase is ok.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2011, 22:09   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Pressure plate the spring petals if they are weak this can happen. Lathe will only check if the phase is ok.
but this is the second set of clutch and pressure plate.first one was MGP ceekay and current one is valeo.vibrations are the same even replacing second time.
Old 16th November 2011, 22:11   #26
Team-BHP Support

hmmm one very stupid doubt, hope the engine is tuned up proper? Also you are sure that the parts were changed second time around?
Old 16th November 2011, 22:41   #27
BHPian

Quote:
hmmm one very stupid doubt, hope the engine is tuned up proper? Also you are sure that the parts were changed second time around?
yes engine is tuned perfectly.there is no missing.the car drives fine afterwards.and yes for the both times all work is done in front of me... now what could it be???have checked foundations.axles are just 10k old. need to check foundations again but my mechanic says usually nothing goes wrong with them.
Old 16th November 2011, 22:49   #28
Senior - BHPian

procircuit, i confess i did not read about the problems but i read only the first post and i can understand the love you feel for this car. The Altura is one hell of a Baleno, she actually looks beautiful. Enjoy her as long as you can, i understand getting body parts is not easy.

P.s. Sorry, just read through the thread. If after replacing your clutch for the 2nd time and you still have the same problems, it could be that your 2nd mech did not make the right assessment and simply replaced the plates or he could not make the right assessment and conned you into spending more. Try to find an honest and smart mech (worth their weight in gold). Contact fellow T-BHPians from Mumbai, I am sure there are many with a Baleno.

Last edited by esteem_lover : 16th November 2011 at 23:01.
Old 16th November 2011, 22:54   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
yes engine is tuned perfectly.there is no missing.the car drives fine afterwards.and yes for the both times all work is done in front of me... now what could it be???have checked foundations.axles are just 10k old. need to check foundations again but my mechanic says usually nothing goes wrong with them.
Yes mounts are pretty bullet proof and if they are broken you can see the whole engine gearbox assembly move, similarly axles are also new to cause any such issues. Ask someone else to drive and see just to rule out any driving style issues.
Old 16th November 2011, 22:58   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Yes mounts are pretty bullet proof and if they are broken you can see the whole engine gearbox assembly move, similarly axles are also new to cause any such issues. Ask someone else to drive and see just to rule out any driving style issues.
no there id definitely no driving style issues.and the vibrations are not minor.my last doubt is can a faulty release bearing cause vibrations???? means should i open the gear again to change bearing?

Most Viewed