Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2010, 19:33   #1

My new Figo is here..

Hi members

Ive been a really silent member of this forum for a long time.. I started following the the forum about 3 years back when I started looking for a car for my parents.. but they were so stubborn on keeping the old one that it took me so long to convince them finally...

we just took delivery of a figo on the 4th.. at rajshree ford cbe.. 1.2 L white titanium.. I have driven the car 600 kms in the past 3 days :-) and it feels real nice to be behind the wheel on this car.. absolutely comfortable driving position, excellent views on all 3 rear view mirrors, and one hell of an AC :-).. I havent put the ac fan beyond 2 and have had it mostly one 1.. nice brakes... i feel its a real VFM car.. i loved driving the 1.4 punto more though.. :-(.. but then my dad felt he was more comfortable driving the figo and hence the choice..

the dealership gave the mud flaps, floor mats and trunk mats free...

sorry abt the quality of the images.. there hasnt been any sun here for the past couple of days.. :-( .. will upload better images soon..

any other figo owners, whats the mileage are you getting?? Im getting 13.8.. 80% highway.. 80% AC.. is this supposed to improve after the first service or is this the standard?

will return to the US this time with a little more satisfaction and a more secure feeling that my parents will be in a much safer car than the one they had before :-).. and my parents will be relieved that I didnt spend more (I was pushing for a fiesta or linea)..
Attached Thumbnails
My new Figo is here..-img_1955.jpg  

My new Figo is here..-img_1956.jpg  

My new Figo is here..-img_1947.jpg  

Old 7th November 2010, 19:46   #2
BHPian

Congrats.I have bought a white Figo Diesel LXi two weeks ago.I could see those wheels are from HRS meaning they are from Sri Vari Mahesh.Am i right?I have installed white AMG replicas in my Figo as well.even they are white coloured.check out in the alloy thread

My Figo
Old 7th November 2010, 19:53   #3

Great choice Vignesh, looks really cool on your car.. yes, I got them from Sri Vari Mahesh.
Old 7th November 2010, 20:07   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations to your parents on the new car.

Is it Diesel or Petrol (Gasoline) powered?

Nice choice of alloys too, the white ones complement the colour of the car.
Old 7th November 2010, 20:51   #5
Senior - BHPian

Figo is a great car.
Im sure you choose the right car for your parents, they will surely enjoy it.
And must say, those alloys are matching really well with the white color Figo.
Congrats once again and try to keep us posted as much as possible about the car.

Cheers
Old 7th November 2010, 21:31   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car

Drive Safe.
Old 8th November 2010, 09:45   #7
BHPian

congrats on your new figo !! Those white alloys completely jell with that color !! Excellent choice !

Waiting for more pics and FE updates
Old 8th November 2010, 09:59   #8
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

@sxv_mustang - stunning little white car! equally stunning matching white alloys.
Lovely indeed.

One thing that your parents may find handy is if you put that special anti UV radiation film on the windshield - it is completely transparent from inside and has a silver-ish look when viewed from outside on a sunny day. Cuts UV by 90%. My dad had it put and believe me it helps in the hot sun!

Enjoy!
Old 8th November 2010, 10:16   #9

@all, thank u.. couple more qns.. I was able to pair my dad's nokia with the cars bluetooth, but it couldnt recognize my iPhone.. has anybody tried to pair thier iPhone with the figo bluetooth system? maybe I am doing something wrong..

is a wheel alignment required after changing the rims? the dealer said only balancing is required since its a new car? I am not so sure, can somebody advice?

also pother figo petrol owners can you post your FE numbers?

@TheArun, its 1.2 L petrol

@dar3devil sure, will drive a lot more while Im here :-).. will update the FE before I leave

@shankar.balan yeah, I'll try and get the windshield film.. whats a good price for it?
Old 8th November 2010, 10:51   #10
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Please ensure the wheels are all aligned and all tyres balanced (including the spare) - whenever you change the wheels or fiddle with the tyres, this is an essential pre-requisite - especially on our kinds of roads.

the Anti UV windshield film should cost you around Rs.3000 MAX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxv_mustang View Post
is a wheel alignment required after changing the rims? the dealer said only balancing is required since its a new car? I am not so sure, can somebody advice?

@shankar.balan yeah, I'll try and get the windshield film.. whats a good price for it?
Old 8th November 2010, 21:46   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations on the car! Please note that Team-BHP does not permit booking / buying experience threads in the Test-Drives section anymore. For the benefit of members & guests alike, it is now imperative to include a complete driving / ownership report on your car.

This thread is temporarily closed. Please PM me or report this post once you are ready to update this thread with a complete driving report; that's when it shall be re-opened. Thanks for your support.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks