Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2012, 11:24   #46
BHPian

Re: After a long wait - The Ritz VDi

So after putting the bushes and breather hose, has the problem solved? when your climbing the humps is the noise still heard? even i'm facing the same noise issue
Crazy4.Cars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2012, 06:49   #47
Senior - BHPian

I have travelled only about a hundred kilometers that too on highways. So unable to make it out. That noise has not yet resurfaced till now. The change to synthetic is super awesome as the car climbed to three eight speeds with super ease.

Name:  ForumRunner_20120305_064607.png
Views: 1319
Size:  560.2 KB
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2012, 23:06   #48
BHPian

Thats very nice to hear

Engine noise has reduced post your change to synthetic oil?

Please do keep us updated about the suspension noise at the speedbreakers.
Crazy4.Cars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2012, 23:51   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
..Took the car in for 30k service. Changed to synthetic and engine runs smoother.
Parts:
engine oil + filter - 3600
Good to know that the engine is smoother with synthetic oil. You have the grade / brand of the oil?

SO you plan to keep the oil change interval as 10,000 kms itself or planning to take it a bit farther to 15,000 kms or so ?
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 14:40   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars View Post
Thats very nice to hear

Engine noise has reduced post your change to synthetic oil?

Please do keep us updated about the suspension noise at the speedbreakers.
did a fair bit of in city driving yesterday, at times purposefully at known areas where the noise use to be present. glad to say that the noise has not resurfaced till now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Good to know that the engine is smoother with synthetic oil. You have the grade / brand of the oil?

SO you plan to keep the oil change interval as 10,000 kms itself or planning to take it a bit farther to 15,000 kms or so ?

it is from mobil1. that is all the service station knew. hunted around mobil delvac mx for some time, but i was unable to obtain it. so i asked the service station to use whatever synthetic that they normally use. they had an option of shell and mobil1. decided to go with mobil1. The grade should be 15Wx
Old 2nd December 2012, 12:33   #51
Senior - BHPian

The car is approaching 50k and had its battery replaced last week. One of the cells in the exide battery died and was slightly opaque. so replaced with amaron green for 5.2k withe exchange for old battery. car is running good so far. no further niggles. the front seats are so comfortable to be in. I think i have to give it better rating than my ikon seats. but i would pick my ikon seats over the rear seats of the ritz any day. The car is lightly sprung and gives good feedback. the light upgrade is still pending as i am still afraid of warranty issues even though my major travels are at night.
Old 31st May 2013, 21:14   #52
Senior - BHPian

The car was taken for service at about 58k. There was one sole complaint on my part. My over enthusiastic friend, while riding shotgun has a habit of pushing the seat all the way, this behavior has caused the movement bar to malfunction and has caused one of the clip on the railings to be broken. So, when people wearing slippers like my sister and mom rides shotgun, accidental movement of the legs might result in skin peeling of near the heel and some blood for a few minutes, which is really unpleasant. To fix the movement bar and to put a clip on the railing was my only complaint.

After the service, there are now two complaints. The first issue, which was listed first in job card was left unattended, after specifically asking them to do so. The second issue, is that i did not ask for a service of the air conditioning, which they did and screwed up big time. There is something lodged in the blower, like a piece of wire touching and causing an unpleasant vibration / noise on turning on the air conditioning. This was working perfectly fine before going to service, and they charged me to do this. I am now scared to run the air conditioning, as if like I suspected, if it is a piece of wire, i don't want it to peel and then start a short circuit to the entire unit.

Bad on your part maruti.

PS: The car was serviced at popular service centre, killipalam, Trivandrum. I will never go that service centre again.

Total damages - 16295. (I paid 500 less (to be paid later after these issues are fixed), and did not sign the satisfaction card. The have said that they will send a home visit team to check these issues)
Old 5th June 2013, 20:30   #53
Senior - BHPian

Update: The ASS has not bothered to call till today, in-spite of me specifically telling them to contact on Monday to resolve these issues and to collect the 500 rs that i owe them.

good going maruthi, your popular service station at killipalam truly sucks.
Old 5th June 2013, 21:04   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Total damages - 16295. (
Why was the bill so high ?
Did you ask Mass to fix anything broken or anything specific.

Please post a breakup .

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2013, 22:57   #55
BHPian

Quote:
T
PS: The car was serviced at popular service centre, killipalam, Trivandrum. I will never go that service centre again.
But why did you go to Popular, Killippalam? Did u buy your vehicle from them? I find Indus service centre , Mettukada a better one. Even other Indus' service points do not measure up to Mettukada. You may try next time.
srikanthns is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2013, 19:31   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Why was the bill so high ?
Did you ask Mass to fix anything broken or anything specific.

Please post a breakup .

Cheers
The break up.

After a long wait - The Ritz VDi-dsc_0113.jpg

After a long wait - The Ritz VDi-dsc_0111.jpg

and the total:
After a long wait - The Ritz VDi-dsc_0114.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthns View Post
But why did you go to Popular, Killippalam? Did u buy your vehicle from them? I find Indus service centre , Mettukada a better one. Even other Indus' service points do not measure up to Mettukada. You may try next time.
srikanthns, since i work in technopark, popular has a satellite outlet from where they collect cars and brings them back after service. It was just convenient giving it to them, as i could drop it to service station and then walk to office.

Regards,
govigov
Old 9th June 2013, 07:59   #57
BHPian

Quote:
srikanthns, since i work in technopark, popular has a satellite outlet from where they collect cars and brings them back after service. It was just convenient giving it to them, as i could drop it to service station and then walk to office.

Regards,
govigov
Dear Govigov, there is one INDUS service center near Venpalavattom on bye-pass, you can try that too. Technopark is 1 1/2 km from there. (Disclaimer: I am no way related to Maruti or Indus other than owning a 2012 RITZ VDI I work in a central Govt organization)
srikanthns is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2013, 19:46   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthns View Post
Dear Govigov, there is one INDUS service center near Venpalavattom on bye-pass, you can try that too. Technopark is 1 1/2 km from there. (Disclaimer: I am no way related to Maruti or Indus other than owning a 2012 RITZ VDI I work in a central Govt organization)
Thank you srikanth, I will definitely try the indus motor service station on the bypass.

Update:

I had sent a mail to maruti informing them about these issues, they have since taken the car for service and resolved the seat issue satisfactorily. They have also given a good cleaning of the interiors which they did not do last time around.

The blower issue still persists, they have informed that the blower brushed have gone kaput and hence the sound, to be replaced under warranty, and they are to inform me once the replacement part arrives.

Regards,
govigov
Old 19th July 2013, 19:09   #59
Senior - BHPian

Update: After numerous back and forth emails with maruti suzuki, all issues seems to be satisfactorily resolved. Maruti truly is the king when it comes to customer satisfaction. Car clocked 62k as of now.

I also did a head lamp upgrade with a Philips relay kit and Essential Vision 100/90 bulbs. Changes :
1. Highlighted areas and shadows are more pronounced, the cut in the reflector design is more prominent.
2. Because of the extra power light fall is much further, which means that potholes can be seen much earlier.
3. Drop in connectors / relay switches means that warranty is intact.
4. If you are upgrading yours, please inform the installer to remove the battery and the air filters to access the LHS headlamp and not to remove the bumper as this leads to serious misalignment of the head lamps.
5. Philips Essential Vision is 4300 Kelvin, so it is not white and retains the yellow tinge.
6. Yes, the upgrade comes recommended, should have upgraded much earlier.
Old 14th September 2013, 18:08   #60
Senior - BHPian

Update: 65500 kms.

Tires upgraded to Bridgestone turanza er 60. Have been waiting for about a month to get these. Ran only about 20 kms till now, so too early to comment. First impression are that they fill the wheel arches nicely, secondly road noise is very less compared to jk tornadoes

Name:  ForumRunner_20130914_180347.png
Views: 541
Size:  706.7 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130914_180406.png
Views: 498
Size:  721.2 KB

Hot from the oven. Week 33_2013
Name:  ForumRunner_20130914_180429.png
Views: 523
Size:  628.0 KB

Most Viewed